[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any actual guns that feed the magazine through the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: MLL_bastard_isometric_sm.png (277KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
MLL_bastard_isometric_sm.png
277KB, 600x369px
Are there any actual guns that feed the magazine through the gun? That looks like a very neat idea, way simpler than the whole extractor, receiver and all that clockwork. Why isn't it more common?

(nope, revolvers don't count.)
>>
>>34939280
The most similar i can think of are Hotchkiss derivative guns that feed from metal feeding strips that go with the mechanism until finally expelled. Would pay anything to get a bastard tho, especially the one from last light with an AK-74M stock
>>
>>34939280
It would only really be simpler if it fed single stack and empty brass went back into the magazine, which seems like a pain in the ass to reload and work with.

Either you're carrying around all these empty mags with brass in them for no reason or you're just dumping tons of magazines everywhere.
>>
>>34939408
In Metro 2033-land you would definitely want to save the brass. Call it a feature.
>>
>>34939472
A good point but I was referring to modern firearms.
Doesn't the bastard eject its brass onto the floor though?
I can't remember.
>>
>>34939408
Or the magazines double as brass. You dump them or give to gunsmith to reload, you don't load them, they come pre-loaded with primer, charge and bullet, but the mag IS the shell.

IIRC Pancor Jackhammer used this strategy for its drum magazines, although considering replacing the mag meant field stripping half of the gun, and other shortcomings, it was generally crap.

The only actual shortcoming is that you can't reload a partially used up mag. Although it shouldn't be hard to add latches to the end so that you can join two (or more) mags for longer continuous fire, or finish the current mag and continue with next one without pausing to reload.
>>
>>34939498
>Or the magazines double as brass. You dump them or give to gunsmith to reload, you don't load them, they come pre-loaded with primer, charge and bullet, but the mag IS the shell.
Same problem really, unnecessary weight and space taken up because reasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 540x326px)
image.jpg
38KB, 540x326px
>>34939280
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonica_gun
>>
The type 92 did, like the hotchkiss. Ian once said something about this being chiefly due to sharp taper and wide rim, making other feed systems suboptimal
>>
>>34939503

You could obtain full auto on like 3-4 moving parts total. That's a significant reduction of the gun mass, and making it failproof like hell.
>>
File: 1501635330565.png (879KB, 1440x2560px)
1501635330565.png
879KB, 1440x2560px
>>34939280
Your magazine then has to double as a chamber, making it much heavier.

It also needs to be lined up more exactly than with a sliding bolt that strips the round out of the mag.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.