[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on not getting swindled on an ACOG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 16

I've got an opportunity for a screaming deal (if it's not a fake) on an ACOG.
I know to look for the embossed Trijicon(tm)/ACOG(tm) on the right side. Plus the ACOG4x36 embossed below it.
Then to look at the cross pin holding the tip of the illuminator strip and make sure it's not just glued on.
Then to look for the 2 serial numbers on the back and fore-piece, then the same number within the gobbledygook under the QR code and they moved the bible verse to under the QR code too.
Then to look for made in USA embossed below the code/tritium disclaimer.
Then to look through the piece and see if they have the 4x36 info etched in the bottom part as you look through it.
I suppose I'd look through it and put my hand over the fiber-optic and the tube to see if it glows (I don't know how well this test would work in full day-light).
Any other dead giveaways? It looks like it comes in the right box. I'll look through the accessories for the lens-pen and the warranty card as it's supposed to be new.
Thanks in advance if you have anything to help me out from not getting fleeced out of ignorance.
>>
>>34937916
Unless you're literally getting deployed to a war zone, an ACOG is a huge waste of money.

And even then, military acquisitions should be buying it for you.

There are tons of quality optics for non-retarded prices that will do everything an ACOG will do for a civilian shooter.
>>
>>34937978
Like I said it's a really good deal. As in, I can't pass it up if it's real. It's from someone who landed up on it as a double he's never going to use.
>>
>>34938019
Ask for the serial number.
Email Trijicon. Ask them if the number corresponds with the model or if it's a known SN used on fakes. They usually respond quickly. I did this once, they authenticated the optic and it was in fact genuine.
>>
>>34938048
Ok. It looks perfect in every way. Unless knock-offs have gone off the fucking rails with making it look perfectly mimicked down to the cap-retention in the last 5 years I think it's legit. I'm getting it for basically manufacturing cost. It would be silly to pass up if it's real.
>>
>>34938076
Email Trijicon to be sure. What looks perfect to you can be a laughable fake to a professional.
>>
File: 5WpwF.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5WpwF.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
wow. an excellent thread with good information in it, and useful replies as well.

Is summer ending?

capped for later, once I start looking for an acog
>>
unless its a clone no.

Everyones moving to 1x 6 1x 8 variable optics now.
>>
>>34938127
Would you get a new ACOG for 100 dollars less than a brand new Aimpoint T2? It seems silly to pass up if it's genuine even if the wind is blowing in a "new" direction to other variable optics.
>>
I have a similar situation with an Aimpoint. The serial number has been obliterated and another number written in with electric pencil. What do I do?
>>
>>34938217
Not buy.
>>
>>34938217
That sounds mega-sketchy.
>>
>>34937978
>There are tons of quality optics for non-retarded prices that will do everything an ACOG
name one.
I'll wait.
>>
>>34938195
>Would you get a new ACOG
that's the question you should be asking. Not the price. Even 1200 USD, the list price for an ACOG, for an optics isn't really expensive.

What you should be really asking is
1) do you need a 4x fixed magnification scope?
2) Assuming tritium/FO powered, can you deal with the reticle washout?
3) Are you ok with spending additional money for an RMR if you need a red dot?
>>
>>34938233
Does this look legit for 650$? I'm just freaked out forking over that cry-once money. Getting swindled feels bad man. I don't have a lot of gun buds so I'm out on a limb. I've been watching for months. They always come up for 1k-ish.
>>
>>34938127
1-6 and 1-8 variables are nice, they are also heavy and bulky compared to ACOGs, and with the exception of a few very high end models, the variables can't take the beating an ACOG can.
>>
>>34938257
More pics? That looks legit from what I can see.
>>
>>34938266
I've never had nice glass before. It just seems like a great deal. I was going to get a 1x red dot but if If I didn't like this I'm sure I could re-sell it and not lose any money or if so very little.
>>
>>34938257
650 is nowhere near cry once money you dumb cunt.

Go ask for a fucking serial number.
>>
>>34938217
Yea that's wierd af
Why would anyone ever do that?
>>
>>34938278
The only other pic is the same side. I'm going to check it out tomorrow with that checklist up top. It really does look all right, from everything I can tell. I'm not retarded and I've checked all the youtube vids, I think I'll be able to spot if something isn't "right" or if it feels chinzty or if there's glue or the glass doesn't seem crystal clear and awe-inspiring.
>>
>>34938233
>name one.
>I'll wait.

Any of the quality 1-6x scopes out in the market...
>>
>>34938284
Maybe not for you. :P
>>
>>34938280
I have a TA01 NSN, it's an amazing optic, granted the fiber optic models are more versatile, but it's still a great optic for an AR, it's capable of good precision out to 400 yards. I was in the same position as you, it was simply too good of a price to pass up.
>>
File: 1487170565924.jpg (655KB, 2000x2285px) Image search: [Google]
1487170565924.jpg
655KB, 2000x2285px
>>34938195
>Would you get a new ACOG for 100 dollars less than a brand new Aimpoint T2? It seems silly to pass up if it's genuine even if the wind is blowing in a "new" direction to other variable optics.

Nope. Not me. I would sooner buy a T2, something more practical for my purposes and from a reputable dealer at $500, I can have the confidence of knowing I didn't just buy a Chinese piece of shit.

You niggers need to be more selective of what you buy and who you buy it from

>b-b-b--bbut it's a skreemin deal!!!111
>the real one cost monies

Shut your bitch ass up and buy a fucking Primary Arms or Vortex. The money you save will be great because you're getting quality but not at the expense of durability that you won't be needing since you're not deploying out to Afghanistan where it actually matters.

Your closet gun does not fucking need a goddamn ACOG.
>>
>>34938254
Yah man. I just run around like a dork-o and shoot paper/etc. Between 2-4 hundred yards is A-OK with me. If the world implodes it'll be nice to have something no batteries. I mean no piece is perfect for every application. I've never had one and always kinda liked the idea of the specific reticle in this one and the simple drop/range acquisition for a body sized target is good. I'm not doing anything special. Then again I doubt most people on here are either. I'm just a fun-gunner that thinks nice things are nice.
>>
>>34938308
It sounds like you're just upset.
>>
>>34938288
A real ACOG will have the look and feel of quality in every regard. The glass should be absolutely clear with zero distortion anywhere. Take the caps off and turn the adjusters, the clicks should be very crisp and defined. The machining of the cap threads should feel and look very smooth. One giveaway of a repro is that the machining on the cap threads will be less than perfect.
>>
>>34937916
Honestly OP, it sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>34938339
Ok nice! That's super constructive. Thanks. I'll make sure to scrutinize them threads.
I mean if I get any gut-twinge that it doesn't feel right or seem "super quality" I'll pass. I mean I should instantly be able to know after a decent look. I'll ask him for the serial in the morning and see if trij gets back to me. The dude supposedly sells optics and I questioned him a bit and he seemed johnny on the spot with correct answers about models and reticles. I'll see what he looks like and what he drives and if he's a shifty dude.
>>
File: 1482917019786.png (166KB, 376x302px) Image search: [Google]
1482917019786.png
166KB, 376x302px
>>34938323
>If the world implodes it'll be nice to have something no batteries.

Who the fuck do you have to be to be able to afford a $1,300 optic but cannot afford to have 5 simple quarter sized batteries like CR2032's?. What? You don't have a couple dozen AA batteries in your house? You don't have spare CR123 batteries for your EDC light?

I swear to fuck, you people don't actually think before you type whatever dumb shit you feel like typing. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>34938352
You don't think so? What do think is wrong? I'm just trying to gauge what you gents think.
>>
>>34938358
Who said I couldn't. I said it'd be nice. Calm down. The unhinged hostility is bizarre.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (27KB, 755x552px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
27KB, 755x552px
>>34938076
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/282035370463?chn=ps&dispItem=1
>>
File: IMG_5515.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5515.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34938355
No problem anon, hope this helps. Here's a pic of mine, check those threads and the splines on the inside of the adjuster, those should be very well machined as well. Also look for the matching serial numbers on the body and eyepiece, I obviously blacked mine out.
>>
>>34938457
Yah that looks super bogus. Everything's wrong on it.
>>
>>34938233
Elcan Specter OS4X
Vudu 1-6x
Wolf PSU 1X/4X
>>
>>34938339
>A real ACOG will have the look and feel of quality in every regard.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...NO.

Them monkeys at Wixom are on GEDs. I say this as a multiple trijicon products owner.
>>
>>34938339
>The glass should be absolutely clear with zero distortion anywhere
have you ever used an ACOG before? There are visible artifacts on the right side of the lens if your angle of viewing is acute enough.

Stop sucking trijicon dick. Do they still even use schott glass?
>>
>>34938462
Cool. Yah I'll most definitely make sure to look at that. I think they switched to hand cranked rather than tool cranked but I'll make sure the details are right. I'm going to question the dude and make sure it feels right. I'll get the serial in the morning and see if I can get a quick Trijicon reply.
>>
>>34938481
Post proof dipshit. Which part of an ACOG do you consider poor quality?
>>
>>34938501
It honestly feels like people are pissed I may have found a good deal and I'm not an oper80r.
>>
>>34938493
have you ever used an ACOG before?
I own one. The glass on mine is ultra clear, and I've looked through plenty of high end glass.
>>
File: 1364681935090.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1364681935090.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>34938292
>quality 1-6
>less than twice the cost of an ACOG
>>
>>34938493
>There are visible artifacts on the right side of the lens if your angle of viewing is acute enough.

>viewing angle

If you're not looking through it at something close to zero degrees then you are not doing it right.
>>
>>34938495
>>>34938462
>Cool. Yah I'll most definitely make sure to look at that. I think they switched to hand cranked rather than tool cranked but I'll make sure the details are right. I'm going to question the dude and make sure it feels right. I'll get the serial in the morning and see if I can get a quick Trijicon reply.
You are correct, after the TA01, later models like the TA31 went to hand adjustable windage/elevation.
>>
>>34938474
>Elcan Specter OS4X
same/more than acog
>Vudu 1-6x
same/more than acog
>Wolf PSU 1X/4X
Maybe.
>>
>>34938501
I don't dawg, why don't you go drop 3.6K on a fucking S+B PMIII and then tell me what world class fit and finish is?

Listen you dumb shit, ACOGs are built to a price point, and that price point is for MIL contracts. The margin Trijicon derives from ACOG civilian sales is astronomical.

I know you're too poor to play with true high end optics, so sit down in your kiddie sit, shut the fuck up, and dream about that ACOG you're never going to be able to afford.
>>
>>34938512
Oh pish posh give me a break. An optic should help you make the shot and the world's clearest 4x will not be better for that than an average 3-9x
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUj2BiacsD0

Trijicon BTFO
>>
>>34938591
I'm the one that posted the pic of the TA01 you fucking retard. I've looked through S&B glass, it's outstanding for sure, but I honestly have no reason to spend that much on glass. What's your point?
>>
>>34938233
Even the Primary Arms Fakog prism scopes are far more than any civilian needs from a durable low fixed power scope.

Vortex likewise has good quality optics for not ridiculous prices.

>hurr I need operator optics though because I'm so operator
No, you're just a LARPer who wants to waste his money so he can pretend to be something he's not.

A $300 prism scope will outshoot you, prove me wrong.
>>
>>34938610
You're comparing apples to oranges. No shit a prism fixed 4x is going to work differently than a 3-9x variable.
>>
>>34938627
my point is that your assertion of "quality" should be qualified by your lack of experience with true high end optics.
>>
>>34938635
>more than any civilian needs

You sound like a butthurt faggot. Some people have money and can afford to buy nice things, get over it.
>>
>>34938635
that's an awful lot o' words to tell us you're poor.

Get back to the field, peasant. The crops need harvesting.
>>
>fixed 4x optic with shit eye relief

Get a 1x6-8 power variable optic or red dot. Acogs are very slow at target acquisition within 100 yards.
>>
>>34938651
Post pics of all your high end glass then champ.
>>
>>34938659
Isn't that what irons are for? I'll have both at my disposal with the setup I'd be doing.
>>
>>34938652
I never said people cant afford nice things. just admit the only reason anyone who isn't in the military would spend that much money on an ACOG is for LARPing purposes.

And it really sounds like you're the one that's butthurt about getting called out on his LARPing fantasies.
>>
>>34938654
>hurr if you dont sped $1200 on an optic, you're poor.

Same tired old argument without any substance.

Actually try countering the points faggot instead of this tired tryhard ad hominem.

What substantive added value does an ACOG provide a civilian that a $300-500 optic does not other than military LARPing cred.
>>
>>34938713
(I'm OP that's not OP you're replying to) It's $650. Are you talking about full price?
>>
>>34938719
>Are you talking about full price?
Yes.

At $650 it's essentially half off and more inline with optics of similar practical capabilities for a civilian.
>>
>>34938717
You're a retard. And you're poor.

Fatal combination.
>>
>>34938723
Cool. That's what price is cooking right now. I just came to /k/ to get some en/k/ouragement or /k/ritique and what I got was people pissed I'm buying an ACOG potentially...for some reason...
>>
>>34938728
>baseless insult
>not a substantive argument to be seen.

Typical LARPer fag.
>>
>>34938713
I use my ACOG for 3-gun along with offset irons. I think that's a pretty legit use. Believe it or not I can afford to spend $1000 on an optic.
>>
>>34938737
I'm not going to waste alot of time with a mouth breathing double digit iq retard
like you, so I'll be brief

1) why do you think civilain and military requirements are mutually exclusive?
2) why do you think everyone should adhere to your cost/benefit analysis?
3) why didn't your mother abort you?

The first 2 are rhetorical questions. I asked the third out of academic curiosity.
>>
>>34938734
The only one who's pissed about you buying an ACOG is the fag you're responding to.

I personally thought your entire thought process was rather juvenile.
>>
>>34938759
>I use my ACOG for 3-gun along with offset irons.
And what exactly does an ACOG do for you in 3 gun that couldn't just as easily be accomplished with a $400 optic

>Believe it or not I can afford to spend $1000 on an optic.
Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean that you should or that it's the best option. 3 gun doesn't require a ruggedized optic to the extent of an ACOG at all.

>>34938765
>I'm not going to waste alot of time
translation:
>I don't have much of an argument so I'm going to try the bow out of this before I get told too hard

>1) why do you think civilain and military requirements are mutually exclusive?
because they fucking are. The requirements of a ruggedized optic in a warzone are far different from some retard bench shooting or LARPing in the desert against some steel targets.

>2) why do you think everyone should adhere to your cost/benefit analysis?
I don't. People can buy and/or waste money on whatever they want. The problem is when they lie to themselves and other and pretend they bought an ACOG for anything other than LARPing cred.

It's really hilarious how jevinile and butthurt you LARPer fags get when your fantasies are called into question.

P.S. post you ACOG Mr. Rich LARPer Guy.
>>
>>34938775
Well whatever I guess. You're criticizing being juvenile on /k/? Hmmm...90% of the posts on here are dick measuring contests and "No you're stupid" posts. I'm just a normal dude who likes neat stuff. Why that's bad other than to get upset just to be upset is whatever it is I guess.
I just asked if there were tips not to get swindled and if it was a good price. I think it seems like it's probably a good deal and most likely legit from the picture I've seen. I'll inspect it tomorrow but it seems right.
>>
>>34938793
If you want one and it is an authentic acog, pick it up. I got one for my scar and love it. I'm thinking of picking up another acog for another rifle.
>>
>>34938824
I just can't see how I'd be going wrong. Even if it wasn't for me, I'd know and be able to recoup my money pretty easily on the used market even at that price. Everyone buys stuff because they think it's cool. Anyone who says they only buy stuff after rigorous analysis of their base-line "needs" is lying to themselves. It's cool. It's a good price if it's the real deal.
>>
>>34938843
Why are you trying to rationalize your purchase to a bunch of anons who really don't care? You already made up your mind, so go forth and conquer.

Or are you just lonely?
>>
>>34938861
Oh shit. Sorry for talking about gun accessories on a gun board. Do you understand the concept of asking knowledgeable people about a purchase? I've deferred to your supposedly expertise and I've mostly got upset-burgers on their nightly /k/ rage-quest. It's bizarre how you attack anyone for basically any expression or question outside of the /k/ group-think. Anyways, why are you on a thread you think is worthless? Click away anon...click away...
>>
>>34938457
>ACOG Style
>style

theres you're giveaway, dont even have to look in the picture to know its a chinese cosplay toy.
>>
>>34938927
That was another anon showing a fake.
>>34938257
Is the one I'm looking at.
>>
>>34938885
>Do you understand the concept of asking knowledgeable people about a purchase?
>/k/
>knowledgeable people

That assumption was your first mistake. most of the people here are nogunz or LARPers who dont know shit about shit or kids who come on here for the dank 8 year old memes.

Go to a real gun board if you want people who actually own or know about the stuff you're asking about.

Or better yet call the manufacturer and have them verify instead of having a bunch of random idiots on the internet post useless bullshit.
>>
>>34938885
Are you autistic?
>>
>>34938948
Fo sho.
>>
>>34938791
Jesus, this level of projection and stupidity is simply overwhelming.

You really have weaponized autism.
>>
>>34937916
Buy it and enjoy the 1.5" eye relief.
>>
>>34938048
Trij no longer emails you an answer. They reply with buy from an authorized retailer
>>
>>34938217
Probably stolen from military
>>
>>34938217

99% chance it's fell off a Humvee. ;)

Buy it if you want, but if anyone ever finds out, the military will seize that shit from you and you'll be out of bucks. I like collecting military optics and accessories and you gotta be careful about getting something that was legitimately released from service instead of lifted by Juan and Tyrone from the armory.

>or get the first and last name and a picture of the guy selling it, find local military bases in your area, and make some calls and snitch
>>
>>34938285
see
>>34940368
>>
>>34938791
Hurrrr... don't buy ACOGs guise, a $300 chinkshit optic will be just as good!

t. Projecting poorfag
>>
>>34938971
>unable to debate the points
>slinging out his triggered butthurt instead.
Worthless
>>
>>34938791
i don't even own any optics other than a shitty walmart scope i slapped on my 22 when i was a teenager but your argument is retarded.

I own a carbon fiber road bike that cost more than my shitty car. Not because im LARPing as a tour de france rider but because i like the fucking bike.

First AR i ever fired had an acog on it, if the price fits get it, be swag.
>>
>>34940617
You saying someone is erong without putting forth any good argument makes you just look stupid.

Burris and Vortex both have high quality optics comperable to ACOG in practical use for a civilian.

Your appeal to cost fallacy is retarded. Demonstrated exactly what an ACOG does for a civilian that a Burris prism doesnt or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>34940869
A carbon fiber bike has a demonstable performance advantage over a shitty steel frame walmart bike (significant weight savings).

Thw additional ruggedization of an ACOG has no practical performance advantage for a civilian.

>be swag
Exactly. The only reason to buy it is for LARPing cred.
>>
>>34938048
thats damn good info.
>>
>>34938689
>
Unless you're running a carry handle mount or canted irons, acog won't work with irons unless you're popping it on and off.
>>
>>34938284
>>34938048
I used to sell fake Trijicons and Surefires as genuines. Serial numbers mean absolutely nothing, most of the good fakes have random S/Ns in proper ranges. I've had buyers ask for S/Ns and Trijicon never kicked one back as fake. FACOGs will have laser etched logos instead of embossed, and I've never seen one with working Tritium. Easiest way to tell. Also never buy a used RMR.
>>
>>34941025
i think you are confusing likes and dislikes (personal preferences) with Live Action Role Playing (a group event similar to SCAD).

To further my example, i own a pair of red wings because work boots. i could have easily saved half my money and bought 3 pairs of wolverines and worn them until they broke. Instead i got the ones that require monthly oiling and maintenance because i like my fucking redwings.

Using your logic we should all be carrying hi points because they are cheap reliable and durable and why waste money on some stupid John Moses design?
>>
>>34940617
Vortex Spitfire and the Burris scopes are made in the U.S., high quality, and both one of the best warranties you can possibly have for any type of gun part, let alone an optic. No questions asked replacement.

You have no idea what youre talking about.
>>
>>34941063
Buying an ACOG because you think its cool is LARPing.

>hurr durr hi points
High points have several performance criteria below that of a contemporary modern handgun that will directly impact a civilian shooter. This is a false equivocation.

>i buy good boots because style
So youre LARPing as someone that actually has a real job. Cool.
>>
File: IMG_20170116_182358_150.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170116_182358_150.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>34941103
Yep here i am larping when a semi slid off the road and into our pasture.
>>
>>34938257
cry once money starts at 1.5k, minumum
>>
File: IMG_20160120_174132.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160120_174132.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
>>34941103
Yep here i am larping when a semi slid off the road and into our pasture.

>>34941103
or maybe you pooor fag wants to see something you can't afford.
>>
This thread is yet another reminder for me that the true cancer on /k/ is not fudds but mallninjas/tactifags.
>>
>>34941015
>civilian
>civilian

t. Butthurt welfare queen A.K.A. Some pog that has never fired a shot in anger, but feels like he can school "civilians" on optics for no good reason.
>>
>>34941076
>Vortex Spitfire and the Burris scopes are made in the U.S.,

I know for a fact that Vortex Spitfires are made in China. Not sure on the Burris, but all the Burris glass I've used was mediocre at best.
>>
The amount of poverty rage in this thread is palpable.
>>
>>34941127
Cool. Youre a mexican that likes to LARP as someone with a real job.
>>
>>34941267
>>34941343
>more ad hominem

LARPing tactifags literally cannot into a valid argument.

Try again retards. This time without resorting to retarded logical fallacies.
>>
>>34941223
t. poorfag that got bullied by /arg/
>>
>>34941381
white nogun poverty fag detected. still blaming minorities for your unemployment?
>>
>>34938280
i hope its real bro, I know the feel of getting a great deal on tools after a lifetime of dreaming.
>>
File: Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>34941076
>Vortex Spitfire and the Burris scopes are made in the U.S.
>You have no idea what youre talking about.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHHAHAHA
>>
>>34941343
seems like the onle ones getting enraged are the guys being told their LARP gear doesn't give them any added value and is mostly just a waste of money so they can pretend to look cool.
>>
>>34941431
MEXICAN CONFIRMED.

Mexicans are permanent poverty tier.

And look how cute he is when he gets triggered.
>>
>>34938734
haters gon hate bro.
>>
>>34941127
... what does this have to do with what the other anon is saying at all? Not even good deflection.
>>
>>34937978
>"Hey /k/, I've got a deal on an acog, what should I look for to make sure it's not fake"
>"Something other than an Acog"
The dude is going to go for it anyway, and instead of helping, you post something counter productive.

Here's a (you) for being helpful there, buddy.
>>
OP here, I passed on it. I thought about it and yah I can't see an actual situation I'd need it in. Like someone said, putting an ACOG on basically my closet-rifle that only sees shooting a few times a year is probably dumb. That eye relief does blow ass. If I get one later it'll probably be a 3x. I can wait. If SHTF I wouldn't be out hunting people, it would be CQB innahouse/post-up so fuck it. I'm not getting into gun-battles any time soon or ever most likely so it would be a waste. I was overly stoked on the $ rather than the practicality and what I actually should probably use for my personal setup. There'll be other good opportunities down the line if I'm patient and decide it's something I really can't live without.
>>
>>34941421
How poor are you?
Pls answer the following

What is your annual income
What is the highest level of education you have achieved
What is the most expensive gun you own
What is the most expensive optic you own
>>
>>34937978
>>34938635
Sometimes it's just nice to have nice things.
>>
>"hey I found a deal on an ACOG for the same price as low-midrange optics, does it look legit and how can I be absolutely sure"
>one anon; "yes it does and you can check by looking at X, Y and Z"
>the rest of the board; "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU BUY THAT OVERBUILT RUGGEDIZED PIECE OF SHIT FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THIS LIST OF POORFAG OPTICS I'M TELLING YOU TO BUY"

Y'all are cancer.
>>
>>34941515
My income has no bearing on the quality of my arguments. Learn how to debate.
>>
>>34941445
>the people who can affort nice things are the ones who are mad
>not the asspained anons who say Vortex Spitfires are American made and that anyone who wants an optic over $500 is ""LARPing""
Sure convinced me.
>>
>>34941608
>implying people don't get butthurt when you call them out for being stupid.
>implying people are automatically butthurt when they make a well reasoned argument and call people out for being stupid.

Logic is lost on you.
>>
>>34941608
people get butthurt all the time if you tell them they wasted their money on something.
>>
>>34941608
People who buy "MILITARY GRADE" bullshit just because it's "MILITARY GRADE" and have no use for anything "MILITARY GRADE" are LARPers. Flat out, full stop.
>>
>>34941343
I think the issue comes down to cheap ARs being a thing. In the days of old a budget shooter would just get a Nugget or SKS and they'd stick to those base rifles in slavshit and milsurp threads.

Now the poorer posters have $399 ARs as an option, and with that a gateway to all the accessories the AR15 has to offer. This means they're now going to have opinions on the budget sights, furniture, components etc., and since they're poor they will be very vocal about how their budget choice is "just as good" as a product with substantially more QC and features. They don't consider things like a SHTF rifle or the tried and true B1C1 philosophy because to them a rifle is just something you shoot at an indoor range twice a year.
>>
>>34941445
>guise, listen here, a Honda Civic will do the same job as a Porsche or BMW, there is no good reason to buy a nice car

Get over it faggot, some people buy nice things because they appreciate the quality, even if they never make full use of that added quality.
>>
>>34941688
>anyone who owns an AR or AK is LARPing
this thread is nothing but underage cancer
>>
>>34941688
So is it flat out or full stop, as those are two contradicting terms.
>>
>>34941688
>I could buy this piece of consumer grade trash for $500
>OR
>I could jump on this opportunity to get this optic that is objectively superior in every way for a bill more
I bet you buy midrange graphics cards and defend the 30FPS they push.
>>
>>34941717
>All AR's and AK's are not "MILITARY GRADE"
>There are several reasons to buy an AR or AK, not the least of which is they are solid semi-auto rifles for reasonable prices.

Your point is moot.
>>
>>34941688
>Don't buy anything nice guise!!

The poorfaggotry in your post is painfully obvious.
>>
>it's literally impossible to want nice things that you can afford you should only buy the cheapest, most practical thing possible otherwise you're just a tactifag LARPqueer no I'm not butthurt or poor why are you even implying that
WEW
E
W

What a thread
>>
>>34941695
>Get over it faggot, some people buy nice things because they appreciate the quality, even if they never make full use of that added quality.
And that's fine. Just so they understand they are paying extra for their LARPing hobby.
>>
>>34941740
There are reasons to want nice optics. Are you being obtuse on purpose? Is this a game to you?
>>
>>34938457
>watermark airsoft4u

Not that hard to tell
>>
>>34941740
Your own point was moot to begin with since OP is getting the ACOG for the same price as your $500 Burris crap in the first place.
>>
>>34941694
>SHTF rifle
aka a LARPer rifle.
>>
Look, kiddos, I get it, you had fun shitting this place up over summer. I get that it's only the first week of school, that you don't have any homework yet, and you're trying to hold on to the feelings of summer, but you've got to leave. Don't be angry that adults are discussing things that cost more money than you made the entire time you "worked" this summer.
>>
>>34941750
I don't think you know what LARPing means dude....thanks for ruining another term though
>>
>>34941734
You know he's a piece of trash, casual, console fag.
>>
>>34941742
>poor
Worthless argument. People that resort to ad hominem simply aren't smart enough to construct a worthwhile argument.
>>
>>34941781
Oh it's a troll. Meh.
>>
>>34941777
>a piece of trash, casual, console fag.
see:
>>34941781
>Worthless argument. People that resort to ad hominem simply aren't smart enough to construct a worthwhile argument.
>>
>>34941750
You still haven't proven anything other than your jealousy of people that can afford to buy nice things.
>>
>>34941781
Go be poor somewhere else. Get over the fact that people can afford better things than you and exercise their right to do so. Just cause you are stuck eating ramen noodle doesn't mean I'm putting down my t-bone.
>>
>>34941792
Your entire argument is that he shouldn't buy it even if it's the same price because MUH LARP GOTTA MAKE SURE NOBODY CAN MAKE FUN OF ME

The punchline is that you're getting laughed at anyway
>>
>>34941103
I dislike hi points like any rational human would, but what tasks do you perform on a daily basis would require a handgun that's not a hipoint
>>
File: 1480348911482.jpg (170KB, 960x633px) Image search: [Google]
1480348911482.jpg
170KB, 960x633px
>be LARPer
>buy ACOG for twice the price they sell them to the military
>somewhere along the line it dawns on them that Trijicon took them for a ride on the capitalism train
>now they defend Trijewcon at every opportunity by saying the magic words: YOU'RE A POORFAG
>>
>>34941917
Why is this argument still going on. It was $650 dollars. I already passed on it. You faggots were sour enough that I said fuck it. Can this thread die now? It's not only not productive but complete nonsense at this point.
>>
>>34941939
>Can this thread die now?
is this your first day on 4chan?
>>
>>34941952
On a scale of 1-10 how miserable of a person are you?
>>
>>34938717
>Not getting a Schmidt & Bender because you enjoy shooting
pleb
>>
>>34938257
Yes that's real, and $650 isn't really a screaming deal. I got an RCO for $400.
>>
>>34941786
>implying just insulting people instead of countering their arguments isn't trolling.
>>
>>34941815
>proving a negative
The assertion is being made that ACOGs provide some sort of added value over a quality but not "MILITARY GRADE" optic to a civilian shooter.

This assertion has not been validated. Instead LARPers like you get butthurt and resort to ad hominem because you're not smart enough to rebuke any points without acting like a child.

>>34941818
>>34941819

I never said it was wrong for someone to waste their money on things. I'm just telling them to accept the fact that all they are doing is spending money to live out their military LARP fantasy.

Sorry this upsets you so much.
>>
>>34942119
You're literally saying "spend the same money on a worse optic".
>>
>>34942136
No, I'm not.
Learn to read.

See:
>>34938723
>>
>>34938359
I think that you shouldn't pay much less than the average for hardware like an acog, something that's supposed to last a lifetime. Buy once cry once sort of deal.
I regret selling mine completely.
There are a lot of fakes out there
And ask yourself, do you really need an Acog? It's really not that useful unless you are in a war zone, there won't be an American Civil War, shit will not "hit the fan" in our lifetime, etc.
A 1-6 vortex has you covered and is just about as sturdy and has a better warranty.
Don't let /arg/ make you feel inadequate because they choose to spend their money on Gucci instead of rangetime.
>>
>>34942078
Honestly all I got out of this thread is that /k/ are fucking idiots and I won't be asking about advice on this board again.
Everything is categorized into retardation (See. Not a screaming deal). Oh it's NOT a screaming deal huh? Oh cool you got one for cheaper? Ohhhhhkay.
How about, "Fucking fantastic deal." or any other permutation of a good deal. Why are you idiots such sticklers about the stupidest shit. Anyways it doesn't matter. I already passed. I probably shouldn't have, but I did.
>>
>>34938651
> Nipon 1000x folded steal better than anything made in the modern era
> True high end is out of your reach
> Pshh, it's nothing personal
>>
>>34942179
It's cool. I passed on it. It's true, even in societal collapse I'm not getting into any gun battles. It's more the psychological illusion of preparedness.
Anyways it's whatever. I definitely don't "need" one. So I'll probably get a red-dot. If I ever did engage someone it's most assuredly in a house invasion situation CQB.
>>
>>34942174
So you're just off topic then.
>>
>>34942366
Welcome to 4chan.

Now get the fuck out.
>>
>>34942183
Welcome to 4Chan newfriend. If you want no nonsense technical advice I'd direct you to M4carbine.net, that place has actual gun owners and real deal professionals that actually know what they are talking about. I was the guy that posted the pics of my TA01, I honestly was trying to give you advice, but since this place is populated with trolls and nogunz fags, it devolved into a bunch of dickwaving and autistic screeching.
>>
>>34942378
You were super helpful. So thanks. I appreciated it. The pissing match shit gets so fucking old.
>>
What exactly is so special about the acog?
I was thinking about getting one when I realized I can buy a variable zoom scope instead. What are the pros and cons of a fixed zoom sight like acpg vs a variable zoom sight like strike eagle 1-6?
>>
Jesus Christ people in this thread are so salty about brands that even though OP found an ACOG for $600 they flip their shit JUST because it's an ACOG and they usually go for more. You people need help.
>>
>>34942418
No worries anon. Just out of curiosity, which specific 4x ACOG was it that you looked at?
>>
>>34942378
>4Chan

back to pleddit or whatever disgusting shithole you come from
>>
>>34942183
It's honestly not usually like this, there's a lot of active users currently who have chips on their shoulders and are in full sour grapes mode. For some reason it's really focused on optics currently, if you don't go for a midrange brand you're automatically shat on by a bunch of pissy children who are upset you didn't go for Primary Arms or Vortex.
>>
>>34942471
>What are the pros and cons of a fixed zoom sight like acpg vs a variable zoom sight like strike eagle 1-6?
Weight, cost, durability, optical quality, preference. Personally I like having a RMR piggybacking my ACOG more than I like a throw lever to transition between 1x and 4x or 6x. Canting the rifle 45 degrees from BAC with right eye to the RMR over the left eye is pretty damn fast.

>>34942511
He's not wrong. Post your optic.
>>
>>34942471
>What exactly is so special about the acog?

It's got good optical quality and can take extreme abuse with breaking or loosing zero, most models do not rely on electronics, and it's fairly light and compact.
1-6x variables are more versatile for sure, but high quality ones are as expensive or more that an ACOG.
>>
>>34942479
It was a TA31F-G
>>
A simple metric would just be looking through it.

Does it have shit eye relief? Is it fucking immaculately clear at any distance further than 2 feet?

I bought mine from Cabela's for a grand and honestly, I don't even regret it at that price.
>>
>>34942545
Get the red reticle. Green and amber wash out too easily imo.
>>
>>34941917
>be manchild phoneposter
>see thread asking if something is a good buy
>wait...is that....ACOG!!!!!!
>spend the next 90 minutes shitposting the thread into oblivion in a fit of triggered tard rage
>thread is ruined, another job well done
>go fondle M&P15 w/ Holosun dot and tell yourself you're king shit
>>
>>34938791
is this like... a reverse sales pitch?

anon... put this much energy in to something besides worrying about what other people buy and you'll be successful and less angry.
>>
>>34942555
Well. I wouldn't have had a choice. However I would never get an ACOG for near full price so I doubt I'll ever get one. This was just an opportunity. I could have snagged it for less than mid-range red-dots.
>>
>>34942566
>acting this superior because you flushed $1.5k down the toilet for some aluminum and glass

back to /arg/ please
>>
>>34942658
PA shill pls
>>
Sooo how many people here have acogs?

I have a TA11H on my scar 17.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170822-150411.png (645KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170822-150411.png
645KB, 1440x2560px
Poorfag larperator here. Buying a smith and Wesson M&P sport ii soon, want a cool looking but not necessarily perfect optic to put on it. Does anyone have any experience with these? Can I use them to shoot cans at ~75-100 yards decently? I will never be involved in a gunfight and I don't intend on being in the harshest conditions with it. I merely want it for asthetic reasons. Is it OK? Will it hold zero-ish? Has anyone every actually used one?
>>
>>34942929
>M&P
>airshit
embracing the stereotype I see.
>>
>>34942378
That place also has a lot of tactical fuddlore.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Molon Labia. Pls tread on me.
If it aint ColtĀ® brand ColtĀ®, it's garbage.

Camp KAIA 2009-2010, Semper Fidelis, Be All You Can Be
>>
>>34943421
>That place also has a lot of tactical fuddlore.

That's very true, but there's also a lot of very knowledgeable guys there, including reps from manufacturers that are usually helpful with questions. It's also got moderators that actually do their jobs, so there's not much trolling or name calling going on. I go there when I want technical advice, I come here mostly for entertainment.
>>
File: Special.png (371KB, 482x611px) Image search: [Google]
Special.png
371KB, 482x611px
>>34938358
>He uses CR123s for his flashlight
>>
File: Screenshot_20170808-144302.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170808-144302.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>34943249
I can see you've never used either. M&P is same quality as Ruger. I just watched some videos of guys who actually had experience with the fakecogs. It's a perfectly acceptable optic for 100 dollars. Obviously real ones blow it out of the water, but for the purposes I listed, it's bretty good.
>>
>>34943627

>He uses pussy ass faggot LED's

Bulbs nigga, that's what I use. B U L B S
>>
>>34944316

Ashley makes my dick diamonds dawg.
>>
>>34944972
>2017
>Not belching out 700lm of American enlightenment from a 18650 powered light

Alternatively
>2017
>Not using your CR123s for your NODs
>>
>>34944316
>I can see you've never used either.
wew
I own a fucking M&P
>M&P is same quality as Ruger
>this low-mid product is the same as this other low-mid product
>Mcdonalds is the same quality as wendys
big whoop

>I just watched some videos of guys who actually had experience with the fakecogs. It's a perfectly acceptable optic for 100 dollars.
or just buy a surplus carry handle and not look a airsoft tier dickhead with a fake acog.
>>
>>34938635
> More than a civilian needs
quit
being
a
douchebag
>>
>>34938791
>I don't have much of an argument so I'm going to try the bow out of this before I get told too hard
>argument
what argument? I just want to see what kind of retard actually posts shit like this.

The only "debate" here is how fucking poor and how fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>34946610
>hurr durr i dont like what you have to say so youre poor

Still failing at logic this hard.

I bet you never graduated highschool
>>
>>34946610
really every time you have to resort to insult in light of a descussion, you lose it.
>>
>>34945230

Not him but Wendys is like twenty times better than McDonalds.
>>
>>34948192
This, that guy didnt know what he's talking about.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.