[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Korean in need help with bugout bag in case of nuclear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15

Worst Korean in need help with bugout bag in case of nuclear and chemical warfare from North Korea. The plan is to hide in my apartment's basement lot for 1~2 weeks.

So far, this is what I have:

- Twelve 2-liter water jugs
- Thirty cans of tuna
- metal cup and spoon
- Flashlight
- Blankets
- First aid kit
- Portable AM radio
- Batteries
- mace
- knoife

I need help with protective gear, and have no idea what kind of 3M mask, filter cans, gloves, etc I should get.

Currently, "there is no war in ba sing se" here so no one really knows what to prep.
>>
>>34936743
just swim to Japan duh lol
>>
>>34936743
Why would you care, your ass would be thrown into the grinder, no reason for a prep.
>>
Have some large portraits of kin jong to tape to yo chest. They won't blast on you that way.
>>
>>34936757
i think he should swim to Cheju island
>>
>>34936796
I'm an american so I dont know where that is, chink chong
>>
>>34936743
Make sure you are not close to an oil reserve.
>>
>lack of soju
>>
>>34936743
i'd be most worried about a conventional artillery barrage, a mask isn't going to help that much with modern chemical weapons.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JZ1N00/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009POIG9Y/

https://www.ready.gov/shelter
http://www.oism.org/nwss/

got a can opener?
>>
>>34936743
As far as nuclear protection this may be useful
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm
Basement is probably the best site to hide in. Other thoughts that come to mind are
>Plastic painters drop sheets, rope and a fuckload of duct tape.
Use that to seal off any routes for air/fallout to enter the basement. Seal any ducts, basement windows, doors etc. If space allows also use improvise yourself a big tent in the corner of the basement or some sort of antechamber by the door for additional protection. Stay as tightly sealed as possible until you run out of food/water/oxyge to give fallout time to lose radioactivity.
>Rice, cereal and whatever other cheap food you have to bulk out your supplies.
>A big bucket or plastic tub with a lid, and a bag of sand or kitty litter
For shitting
>Solid fuel (http://www.campingstovehq.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/folding-solid-fuel-camping-stove.jpg) or alcohol stove
A pocket-sized stove and a bottle or methylated spirits or set of solid fuel shouldn't cost more than $20, allows you to boil water for tea and a small fire is just nice
>Thick gardening gloves +/- a shovel or crowbar
For moving rubble once you need to leave the basement
>>
Aren't you going to be called into active duty or whatever your country calls it immediately?
>>
File: NBD-LSP1819K1-2-640.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
NBD-LSP1819K1-2-640.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>34936960
>>34936982
I'm packing my trunk full of these tuna cans. A stupid idea to pack all this low-carb shit?

In case of nuclear blasts, I'm going down to my apartment's B2 parking lot and it's basically a wide-open entrance with no seal possible whatsoever (should I stay in my car?).

For chemical, I hear it's good to go high, as they'll be heavier than air?

And for either, would I need a FULL-face respirator with a damn mopp suit for skin exposure too?

>Bucket for shitting
Actually read that in today's paper. This is actually the worst in a best-case-scenario, and I wouldnt be able to wipe my ass for like a week.
>>
>>34936743
GET TO BUSAN....dont hold up niggah...get as far away from there as possible AS SOON as shit starts going down.
>>
File: download.blog.jpg (40KB, 460x344px) Image search: [Google]
download.blog.jpg
40KB, 460x344px
>>34937016
Yeah, honestly i'm part of the reserve forces until next year.

But hell if i stay behind to become cannon fodder for some fucking library (that is my assigned mission as reserve forces).

I'm going to stay behind, risk jailtime, and help my family.

>>34937051
I'm in seoul so id only have like 5 minutes before SHTF... barely enough time to even grab my shit and run down to the basement floor.
>>
>>34937046
>North Korea is thought to have chemical weapons from the principle five categories: riot, choking, blood, blister and nerve agents. Riot-control agents are thought to be Adamsite (DM), CN and CS gases. Riot agents and so-called “tear” gases are meant to disperse crowds and are generally nonlethal to healthy adults.

>North Korea is also thought to have so-called choking/pulmonary agents, gases that act upon the respiratory system. Short-term exposure requires hospitalization; prolonged exposure is lethal. The KPA is thought to have access to both chlorine-gas and phosgene choking agents.

>So-called blood agents, which act through exposure to the human bloodstream, include hydrogen cyanide and cyanogen chloride.

>North Korea also has mustard gas, a blister agent, which irritates skin and mucus-production areas, such as the eyes and nose.

>Finally, North Korea is believed to have highly lethal nerve agents, which work by disrupting the human body’s nervous system, resulting in asphyxiation. North Korea is believed to have stockpiles of sarin, soman, tabun, VM and VX nerve agents.

against chemical attack your best bet is to set up a contained shelter area in your apartment with plastic and duct tape. against nuclear threats read nuclear war survival skills that's been linked by two of us.
>>
>>34936743

>not joining the army the second shit kicks off and protecting your home and country.

grow some balls and defend what is yours.
>>
>>34937146
You think I'm some patriotic american?
If you've seen the news for the past 5 years here, how they treat soldiers here after every Nork sneak attack since the 60s, or heard what ludicrous, communist filth is coming out of the new president and half the country's mouth, you'd feel stupid to risk your life to become the next politician's campaign stat.

Besides, i've done most of my time. I can do more to help my family by being a civie.
>>
>>34937138
Thanks warbro.

The hardest part I imagine will be knowing if it's going to be chemical or nuclear. They say the siren types are different for each, but I dont trust the stupid government to do it right.

There's a huge civil defense drill tomorrow (not to mention another fucking reserve forces training I have to get to in a few days) so hopefully i'll learn more.
>>
>>34936743
>There is no war in Ba Sing Se
Well, they call it Ba Sing Se because that means "the impenetrable city." They don't call it NA Sing Se. ... That means "penetrable city." You'll be fine. But in all seriousness, this is the Norks we're talking about. Honestly? I suggest you get some old Soviet surplus mask and some good ol' charcoal filters. It'll be sufficient for any exposure you'll get between apartment and basement and within the basement, especially since this is Nork shit you're dealing with. Also, I suggest getting some zesty Italian dressing. It'll go well with the tuna. I use Kraft but you can probably make do with whatever.
>>
>>34936743
This may be useful
https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/planning/nuclearresponsemanual/Documents/medplanresmannucdet-guide-final.pdf
>>
>>34937298
This is going to be a great read. Thanks so much.

>>34937298
Some unperishable dressing for my truckload of tuna, and a mask I really need.
>>
>>34936743

much more food

peanuts raisins veggies breads

soap towels toilet paper
>>
>>34936743
If you don't wear glasses, get a 3M full face mask. Either 6000 or 7000 series. Cartridges- multigasas long as they include protection against organic vapor AND acid gas. Get the kind that have the P100 prefilter. You can also get the prefilters as a separate snap-on accessory.

Get a box of nitrile gloves, a few tyvek suits, and rubber boots. The tyvek suits should be the kind with the impermeable outer coating. Also get some tyvek hoods, the kind that come down over your shoulders. If you have to use this gear, every square inch of skin has to be covered. Use duct tape to seal joins where cuffs meet gloves and boots. That's your last ditch escape rig, it MIGHT give you 15 minutes of protection from CBRN agents/hazards.

Get a couple of rolls of 6 mil plastic sheeting, a case of duct tape, a couple of cases of HEPA rated furnace filters, half dozen bedsheets, about 4 lengths of flexible dryer vent ducting, 8 12 volt computer fans, and at least 2 heavy duty car batteries. The plastic and tape is for sealing your area, the filters and sheets are for air filtration. Sheets as prefilters. Ducting and fans are for drawing air through your filters. Use cardboard and duct tape to build a filter plenum to support the filters and attach the ducting to.

One car battery will run 6 fans continuously for 72 hours, in my experience.
>>
>>34936743
>>34936743
Buy DOTA 2 premiums since it will be a commodity.
>>
Where are all the freaking guns?!
>>
File: 41DuMd1KyIL.jpg (68KB, 930x500px) Image search: [Google]
41DuMd1KyIL.jpg
68KB, 930x500px
>>34938299
-3M full face, any affordable 6000 series (still costs ten times the half-mask)
-Cartridges: 3M Particulate Filter 7093B?
Something like this good enough? I used to shop for dust masks before and only know how fucking convoluted all these different grades are for every market. Which one of pic related is good?

>DIY air filter
Jesus I'd probably kill myself if I made it

>>34938519
Korea is a gun-free zone.
>>
File: 3531d92a913b8bd8234958122cff057b.png (367KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3531d92a913b8bd8234958122cff057b.png
367KB, 707x1000px
For nuke, get a full face mask. As for other protection you don't need much for nuclear, just rain gear or the like; the real danger is inhalation.

For chem, you're basically fucked. Prep all you want and its still likely to be futile. Avoid and pray are your only feasible options for that one.

t. someone who knows about this shit, ask if you got questions.
>>
>>34939101
For chemical attacks, Im thinking of getting the 3M Full face 6800 mask with the 60926 Cartridge Filters. Is that good enough, or do i really need a 3M FR-15 CBRN filter??

And I haven't even started on Tyvek suits yet....
>>
>>34939156
Between those 2 get the FR-15 no question. Also, buy some chem paper if you can, shit is useful. Although to reiterate, unless you are over prepared, have advanced notice, and have several acquaintances with you equally prepared and capable, you're still probably gonna be fucked in a real chem attack. Hope its nuclear instead.
>>
>>34936743
you are korean and you dont even have rice on the list? wtf? also enjoy your weeklong constipation with eating nothing but tuna
>>
>>34936743
you need to plan for the possibility of fleeing the area.
-you may not be able to carry much water, so get water purification tablets or a small container of liquid bleach to treat any water you come across.
-radioactive iodine will commonly cause cancer, so get potassium iodide tablets to block radioactive iodine uptake.
-activated charcoal capsules. useful for a wide range of poisonings, including ingestion of nerve agents. (activated charcoal is the original magic ingredient in gas masks)
-you will be thankful for a plastic poncho in the rain (the rain may also be somewhat toxic)
-paracord becomes a useful resource
-handkerchiefs or bandannas also become very useful
-have changes of socks and underwear
>>
File: 1442188596275.png (88KB, 590x207px) Image search: [Google]
1442188596275.png
88KB, 590x207px
>>34937103
You'd be helping your family a lot more by killing the enemy instead of hiding in a fucking parking garage like a coward.
>>
File: 1501833819264.jpg (29KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1501833819264.jpg
29KB, 680x383px
>>34936743
>there is no war in ba sing se
Muh niqqa
>>
>>34936743
>bugout bag
>The plan is to hide in my apartment's basement lot for 1~2 weeks.
The fuck do you need a bug-out bag for if your plan is to bug-in?

Just stock on enough water and food to survive 2 weeks.
>>
>>34939276
>chem paper
What is that?

Also, totalling up the cost for full face masks (not even cbrn rated) and the FR-15 cans has me feeling like a total dick. So much fucking money...

>>34939381
Thanks ill keep those in mind!

>>34939478
Seriously lol not much mention of technically ongoing war. You get shamed if you take it seriously

>>34939618
What's the difference? We'd have to hunker down and wait for the fallout to clear before fleeing anyways
>>
why is worst korean suddenly worried about best korea?

this shit been happening since forever
>>
>>34939811
I'd say an attack or full-out war is more imminent than any other time since the 60s
>>
>>34937103
>I'm in seoul
How far North?
>>
>>34939806
>What is that?
Look up m8 and m9 paper.

and yeah, shits really expensive; that's why I'd stick with just the masks and filters. The chances of a chem attack in an area not near military assets is super low and even if it did happen you probably wouldnt be able to escape contamination even with a full suit. Nuclear fallout is a still unlikely but comparatively more likely risk. You dont need a full suit for nuke, just a mask, and can easily makeshift a good suit with household items and clothing.
>>
>>34936743
If your worried about dirty warfare try http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/
I doubt the best koreans have any cutting edge chemical weaponry so whatever is on the civilian market should suffice.
>>
>>34936743
If NK uses Nukes in close proximity to your stash your food and water could become contaminated. Get yourself some rad detectors, and a geiger counter. Learn to use them before anything happens. They will monitor radiation absorption and help navigate hot spots.
>>
File: 90786345.jpg (58KB, 499x496px) Image search: [Google]
90786345.jpg
58KB, 499x496px
>>34939279
Not OP but you must be a fucking idiot because in austere conditions canned tuna is a thousand times better than rice. Keep in mind you have to cook that shit.
>>
>>34939852
Seoul is like >100 miles to the border
>>
>>34939101
how long do chemical weapons stick around the area tho?

could op realistically travel while wearing a rubber suit with chemical weapons everywhere?
>>
>>34940084
WHERE is Seoul. Northern Seoul, Souther Seoul and so on. If you live in the outskirts of Southern Seoul your chance of getting killed by North Korean Artillery is much MUCH lower.
>>
>>34939806
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-New-Gas-Mask-in-Box-Sealed-Israeli-IDF-Civilian-Adult-Filter-D-Tube-/261871561077?epid=693635228&hash=item3cf8c2e975:g:1W4AAOSw3gJZMcOZ

a more economical alternative for full face
>>
>>34939279
>wtf homie you dont even have a shit load of empty carbs to base your diet around?
^this is what you sound like.

>conspiration
Is what you would experience if your meals were based on rice, which expands and takes important water from your body.

You sound like a fuckin moron.
>>
>>34938599
http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/3m-60926-multi-gas-vapor-cartridge-p100-filter.html?fee=3&fep=776&utm_source=Google-Shopping&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Enviro+Google+Shopping&utm_content=Product-Offers&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsZPn8onr1QIVGrbACh30nw2DEAQYAiABEgI4_vD_BwE
>>
>>34938599
>Jesus I'd probably kill myself if I made it

No you won't. All you need is a box cutter and duct tape. Plus a large cardboard box. Cut a hole in 1 side of the box, the hole being 1 inch smaller than the size of the HEPA furnace filters. Center a filter over the hole, tape in place around the edges of the filter. This is a good time to seal all of the box flaps with tape.

On the side of the box opposite the filter, mark and cut 4 holes for the dryer ducting. Space them evenly, about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom of the box.

Rig a computer fan into each end of the dryer ducting. Make sure both fans blow in the same direction. Use duct tape to secure the fans in place. Don't block their airflow, though. Use duct tape to mount the inlet side of each duct to the holes you previously cut. Use speaker wire to extend the leads of the fans so you can connect them all to a battery at the same time. Make the connection and check for airflow at the outlet end of each duct. Now you're done.

The box part goes outside your tarped area, ducts go through the tarp. Seal with tape. Battery leads come through the tarp so you can change batteries.

Bed sheet gets draped over the filter box to serve as a prefilter.
>>
File: IMG_5423.jpg (19KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5423.jpg
19KB, 165x115px
>>34936886
OP why u no water purification?
Although you might hole up in an apartment block, there is Only a finite amount of usable water in the water tanks, radiators ETC once all that runs out what will you do?
>>
Also thoughts on MCU p2? I can get one with hood, any good?
>>
>>34940681
yeah, if it's cost competitive and the rubber is good it'd be the best of the options mentioned so far
>>
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsknmWiih_4E&start1=0&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwwXg4fG9pMw&start2=&authorName=aphrocarlin

DON'T
GET
ELIMINATED!!!
>>
>>34936982
>Thick gardening gloves +/- a shovel or crowbar

Bottle jack could be good too in case most of the building gets dropped on your basement.
>>
if you have a cute sister, send her to the US and I'll keep her safe
>>
>>34936815
its where they have some bad ass pork bbq
>>
>>34936743
double up on the tuna, triple up on water. get sternocans and butane stoves for eating rice. how much kimchi you got put away? no joking honestly its a great preparedness food
>>
>>34940084
>>34940113
Outskirts of southern seoul, just north of suwon
>>
>>34936982
I'm pretty sure any radioactive fallout would go right through plastic painters sheets and a tent.
>>
>>34936743
What would you do about using the restroom? Designated shitting corner?
>>
>>34941160
No shit. Its to prevent radioactive particles entering and REALLY fucking you up. genius.
>>
>>34941160
Bait?
>>
>>34936743
Get a gas mask if you can, just to be safe. The norks have been known to use gas attacks
>>
File: 706010848.png (136KB, 1535x812px) Image search: [Google]
706010848.png
136KB, 1535x812px
>>34939869
> not near military assets
I'm really near the south part of seoul but... actually about 5km from fucking Seoul Air Base... fml. They're been flying shit non-stop the past few days too.

But still more likely for Norks to use nukes instead of chemicals? I was just about given up on masks because getting full MOPP gear is just too much, but if it may actually make a huge difference, i'll do it

>>34939878
Look at how much they jacked up prices on those, even the Jew Civilian Masks. On "sale" too. Fucking...... israelis.

Pic related is just some stuff ill overnight ship to korea. Hows my choices look so far?

>>34939894
I heard nuke fallout cant touch pre-packaged food or water. And geiger counters are fucking expensive! I'd rather buy other supplies with that

>>34939906
>>34940374
>>34941022
I actually came back from midnight shopping and got 30 cans of tuna in various flavors lol and a few baked beans. Looked around for other canned goods but 90% of the canned section was just tuna. I got one can of fried kimchi as my veggie source.

>>34941022
>butane stoves
I'm actually really conflicted about this. Other than making some foods nice n warm, what other uses do I have for solid fuels or butane burners? I only really have canned tunas for food, and I do have one huge candle stick in case I need a flame
>>
>>34941246
hot food is comforting when you're in a shitty situation. coffee, tea, packaged soups, rice all go a long way to bringing your stress levels down, and help you think more clearly.
>>
>>34941160
radiation does, fallout doesn't

radiation doesn't contaminate or damage your food or water but fallout does.
>>
>>34941164
Yep... seriously going to bring a lidded bucket for just that purpose. I cant imagine what itd be like to not wipe your ass for weeks, but I cant afford one roll of TP per shit like normal.

>>34936982
>>34941299
If you're the original guy that posted the suggestions, thanks for sticking around all day long. Shit's seriously stressing me out, especially since this "no war in ba sing se" atmosphere is making me feel foolish for wasting time and money on prep.

My plan so far is to hole myself in my high-rise apartment bathroom if it's chemical, and run down to the basement parking garage if it's nuclear. My family has two SUVs so hopefully that's enough space to live in instead of having to make a tent.

Also, are gloves, a shovel, or crowbar crucial? Seoul's 90% concrete jungle and I don't think i'll be digging anywhere
>>
>>34941246
>“Compared to the nuclear threat, which involves, a finite number of warheads and delivery systems vulnerable to air defenses and antimissile systems, the chemical threat is not as easily negated,” military analyst Reid Kirby wrote in the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

i'd get a mask, a cheap tyvek chem suit and duct tape. to be protected against a direct chemical attack you need a full suit, training, a decontamination setup and somewhere safe to go once you've been decontaminated. for a little gas floating around a mask might help though.

don't buy anything from approvedgasmasks, it's all overpriced.
>>
>>34941246
gmarket doesnt sell stuff like that? i know their .kr site is a lot bigger than their english us site.

tell your folks to gear up too.

spam son, you can never go wrong with spam.

>>34941330
yep thats me. try to breathe, and take it easy, sufficient unto the day and the evils thereof and whatnot. dont worry if you got it 100% covered, because you never will, the best you can do is cover what you can.
>>
>>34936743
Buy a plane ticket. The entire country will be a wasteland.
>>
>>34936743
for shitting, get a big bucket (one that has a removable lid), fill it as much as you can with rolls of toilet paper, also squeeze in plenty of disinfectant (ideally get a dry disinfectant, like KMnO4, that you can mix with water to create a liquid disinfectant). get one of those big inflatable water tanks. once shtf and your bucket is full of shit and piss, make a batch of disinfectant and mix plenty of it with the "toilet" contents, then dump all of that into the big tank.
>>
>>34941363
i forgot, gloves are a mans friend in case you need to do some real hard ass manual labor, all are 10/10 crucial. if you were here in the states i would say goto harbor frieght or walmart or a home improvement store to get good gloves and stuff. i dont know if my buddy is on shift or not but his family is korean and are the redneck korean preppers here and the old country.

and get plenty of over the counter medicines like tylenol/acetaminophen, ibuprofin, Antidiarrhoeals, toloth related gear, toilet paper, mouthwash, rubbing alcohol and Neosporin. lysol spray too.
>>
>>34941409
also, with KMnO4, add some to water and wait till it turns light pink and it should be safe to drink. add enough to make the water purple and you have a strong disinfectant. mix some KMnO4 with glycerin and it will catch fire.
>>
>>34936743
You are in nuclear killzone that has pretty shitty gun laws. Like the other anon's said. You shouldn't do any prepping unless its a full on evacuation in that case just keep some money. In the event of real shit your little nation and all its US soliders will be wiped out.
>>
>>34936743
for defense, get some small aluminum containers eg. CO2 cartridges, or tin cans. make LOADS of armstrong's mixture and fill the containers with it. place in a sparkler or visco fuse in it and seal to container by bending the opening inwards if you can, otherwise a load of duct tape and some ore aluminum will do, the seal must be as tight as possible. if you can, use flash powder, black powder or gunpowder instead of armstrong's mixture. bows, crossbows and slingshots are your friend. also get plenty of glowsticks (especially IR ones) for signaling. you can also make a rudimentary night vision system for about $20. you can use fishing wire and a matchbox to make a tripwire. get an electronics set to be able to make some cool booby traps/alarms. pepper spray is easy to make (strongest chili powder available, lidocaine, isopropyl alcohol, veg oil). if you can kill a nork, take all their gear and leg it.
>>
>>34941350
>mask
>tyvek suit
I still cant make up my damn mind about exactly which models to get. The decision puts me at $100 total to like $1000 for full CBRN rated gear. Fuck.

>don't buy anything from approvedgasmasks, it's all overpriced.
Thank god

>>34941363
>gmarket
its all imports anyways so im probably gonna ship it from america.

>>34941409
>KMnO4
Well whatdyou know. They actually do sell that shit here. "과망간산칼륨"
Better than hauling around bleach, I presume?

>>34941418
>gloves
I guess Ill go back to the shop and get some work gloves. I have a tiny exacto knife so I hope that's good nuff with no axe.

>first aid meds
Definitely gonna need to prep some. Splints, gauze, bandages, etc I'm probably just going to throw away. Not going to have a fucking trauma center in my backpack.

>>34941532
What a great way to kill myself haha I actually have a few cans of fox labs mace so thatll be good enough i hope
>>
>>34941569
make sure the gloves are leather.

mechanix brand are good for avoiding cuts and to keep splinters out of your hands.

your folks might want a bigass first aid kit though, especially if their house is the family meeting spot.
>>
>>34941082
It's not that I want to put you into the coffin but North Korea has limited abilities to hit all of Seoul really. Most of their artillery outright can't and the stuff that can is only available in limited numbers and or brand new so capabilities aren't really known. I feel like you'll be fairly "safe" in Suwon to be completely honest with you.
>>
File: 1502147093712.jpg (886KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
1502147093712.jpg
886KB, 900x744px
>>34936960

Mostly this. Mask might help with bio stuff. God forbid NK lets out smallpox ( no its not as easy as get vaccinated you retards) a proper mask might help with bio but not chem. Most chem baddies go through skin
>>
>>34941569
this was the kind of suit i was talking about.
https://www.amazon.com/Dupont-Yellow-Chemical-Protection-Coveralls/dp/B005QQFHI8/

there isn't much reason to buy a complete cbrn setup when you don't have the much larger logistical apparatus to make it effective. if your coated with an aerosolized nerve agent that doesn't degrade or otherwise penetrate your suit, you're still going to come into contact with it the next time you need to pee.

having a cheap mask and resistant overgarment might make a difference if there is just the edge of a chemical attack wafting your way.
>>
File: 1496581689867.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496581689867.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>34941683
You really know your shit! A small investment for at least some crucial coverage so I dont feel naked, but nothing enough so I can gear up for clean-up operations with the pros.

Could you also link me specific models you'd recommend for practical purchasing?
- mask
- cartridge
-gloves?boots?to go with the suit you linked me
>>
File: 1503403216839.png (335KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503403216839.png
335KB, 1600x1200px
How can you protect yourself from a chem attack. Thats going to be fucking hard. You need air tight. Air fucking tight ductape and plastic the basement. Have tubes with fans and filters on them. But if its a chem attack you need to seal those off for as long as you can. Get a co2 monitor. VX breaks down quickly but shit goes throguh your skin so just a mask wont help. You need air tight lockdown. Also get a bunch of those weird comics you guys have for entertainment. A lot of it. Your enemy if you make it through the gas attack will be yourself and your willpower. Something you soft southerners arnt known for. And pick up monster musume too. Love that horse pussy. Get 3 liters of water a day if you can and plan for 2 weeks. Being bored means you will eat more and drink more. Also get some american MREs if you can. Tuna is fine for a day or two but you will lose your mind looking to have something new. Dont forget flashlight, radio, extra batteries, battery phone charger, a cheap throw away phone so you can call out from the rubble of your demolished house. And put all ilthat inside a metal lined faraday cage. That way when a nuke blows up somewhere it dosent get fried by the EMP. Get paper and pen and wright a jurnal while your down there. Get a mechanical watch peferably with 24 hour so you dont forget what day it is also get a calender, maybe with cute 2d horse babes. As for filtering air that comes in. You want legit ones maybe nato surplus. No point in going through all this and going with cheap filters. If you die you cant use money anyways. Bring booze something to calm you in the 24-48 hours between NK first attack and when USA takes care of it for you. Bring extra extra batteries for everything.

And last if you can bring a gun. Not so much to defend yourself but incase your stuck in the basement an run out of food or water. Make it quick.

I think that should be all.
But do look into some MRE and manga
>>
>>34941569
KMnO4 is one of the best things a prepper can have imo
>>
File: 1502322818896.gif (502KB, 608x437px) Image search: [Google]
1502322818896.gif
502KB, 608x437px
>>34941846
Manga and diffrent food, nothing eats into your moral like boring food and just boredom.

A gun to kill yourself, not a joke. If they let go smallpox you will want to kill yourself before your skin turns into a giant zit and slides off your body. If its vx gas well that makes your muscles unable to relax. Think you can only breath in and not out untill you suffocate. Trapped in rubble or out of food/water. You get the idea. You should be able to kill yourself.

Hammer and pipe or some kind of noise maker to let people know where you are.

American flag so when we save your ass we know your not one of the north

Fursuit because your on /k/
>>
>>34936743
Your food is way too protein heavy, the human body doesn't need much of that, especially in high stress scenarios. what you need to do is get more bulk foods. Rice, peanut butter, refined oils ect.

regardless you will not be able to help all your family with a couple cans of fucking tuna. either get them to start prepping themselves or only have enough for the specific ones you are going to run away to.
>>
>>34942005
Thats why mre are a good place. Even if you eat one a day your mixing it up and getting starches and carbs an salts and shit. They hand them out in survival situatuons for a reason. And not cans of tuna

Tuna would be ok for day 1 2 maybe 3 but after that you will start lacking other stuff. And get multivitamnin. You will need c and d or is it e since you wont have much light
>>
You want break and entry tools for a SHTF situation. People will be dead so it's not stealing technically.

You will need a steel "ruler", crowbar, something to fuck locks with and preferebly a cutting tool that isn't too heavy.
>>
I know this thread is a little old but
>holing up in the motherfucking capital
>100 miles minus Nork tunnels' length from the border
You'd be literally sitting on top of the most obvious objective, asking to be sieged. Move South if possible, before the commie fatso pulls a Hitler on you guys.
Btw you're fucked if you touch chem gas.
Lastly, Norks may move some of their SP.ART a little South. You may get glassed desu.

Good luck.
>>
>>34941246
>butane stoves

Butane stoves rock. Easy to use, convenient and powerful. It's also easy to store teh fuel.
ESPCIALLY if you're cooking for multiple pweople or a group- you NEED some type of strong, reliable stove.
And they're CHEAP.
Buy one and a case or two of fuel.

Plus, being the only one with the ability to heat food or boil water can make you a god.
>>
>>34946819
I would recommend a propane stove, butane is a bitch to get working when it gets cold.
>>
>>34941330
Gloves are VERY handy in any kind of emergency situation. You could end up handling rough concrete or broken lumber or glass.
Buy some Mechanix or something for yourself and a 6 pack of cheapies to hand out.
Bolt cutters/hammers/vice grips might come in handy too...
>>
>>34941418
>and get plenty of over the counter medicines like tylenol/acetaminophen, ibuprofin, Antidiarrhoeals, toloth related gear, toilet paper, mouthwash, rubbing alcohol and Neosporin. lysol spray too.

Excellent advice. These things are also very cheap and can be used for valuable barter if it comes to that.
Infections and bad water (add some unscented bleach to your list) will probably kill more people than bullets will.
>>
>>34947005
>>34946819
I don't know. Stoves seem for more travelling or camping than hunkering down for a long period of time
>>
>>34937209
What kind of things does the president say
>>
>>34947281
Overnight or 24 hours without hot food or a way to heat things isn't too bad... but 3 or 4 days, much less a week or 2 is gonna really suck. There have to be cheap butane stoves in Kland.
They're like $20 on Amazon Prime.

How long a period of time do you foresee having to stay hunkered down?

I could make a good meal with rice, eggs, soy sauce and peanut butter.
Oh yeah - probably gonna want some and sanitizer.
>>
>>34947504
At worst for 2 weeks (nuclear fallout), at best 1 or 2 days until the most of the fighting has stopped and we can get to a proper evacuation center.

>>34947338
Mother was a Nork rapefugee and NK in general is a suuuper sensitive issue for the snowflake. During the debates, he was directly asked if he can agree with everyone that NK's our main enemy, and he couldn't answer the question. It was like asking a christian to step on the face of jesus or something.

He's been doing everything in his power to destabilize the country under US's arms so he has "no choice" but to start sucking NK's dick super hard. He's getting rid of nuclear power plants here so he can start building a pipeline through NK, he's openly overly-diplomatic about them, and etc etc. Look it up
>>
>>34947504
Serious question. I don't even know what kinds of foods to heat or cook. I don't even want to get cucked by a can opener so I got only cans of food that had their own finger tabs.

Things like rice use up water like nobody's business, and everything else just seems so perishable. MRE's maybe? I cant even find em here
>>
>>34942338
That actually makes sense.
But even under terrible circumstances, seoul's way too populated to be doing that kind of thing, which is why im glad korea's a gun-free zone too (you'd understand if you knew how emotionally out of control we koreans are)
>>
>>34941246
>I was just about given up on masks because getting full MOPP gear is just too much, but if it may actually make a huge difference, i'll do it

Mask will make a difference and is the only really critical item you actually need in regards to protection.

and Its not that norks are any more or less likely to use nukes than chem, its that chem is less likely to be used the further from the front you get and nukes are more likely the further from the front you get. Also, you can actually reasonably protect yourself from nuke, not so with chem.
>>
>>34936982
how to breathe and not overheat in this environment
>>
>>34948922
an adequate ventilation system should help you out. use plenty of pressure-difference fans and also good quality filters. for first aid you should carry a small kit containing bandages, gauze, antiseptic, some KMnO4, band-aids, ibuprofen, epipens (if at all possible), safety pins, burn gel, alcohol prep pads and scissors. at you shelter you should have a good selection of over the counter medicines such as ibuprofen, paracetamol, antihistamines, anti-diarrhea pills, any prescriptions that you or your family have, some more heavy duty first aid gear as well as CBD oil. CBD is a compound that comes from hemp, you can swallow the oil to treat insomnia, rub it sore parts of your body to treat pain and also take it regularly to avoid seizures, swallowing it can also help with anxiety. diapers can also be useful as they can absorb moisture. you can also wear them if you are wearing a chem protection suit.
>>
>>34948417
I know how emotionally oout of control koreans are. They are like drunken russians.

Still, BnE tools can help you traverse doors and other ways of passage that you otherwise cannot.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.