[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joining US ARMY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Hello /k/

Long time luker, EU citizen, decided to try and join US army, more specifically the Navy.

Has anyone done it so far? What are the tips on the green card thing.

Post what you got.
>>
>>34931368
>the army, more specifically the navy
>>
>foreigner
>wants to join US military
>the Navy
So fag or nigger?
>>
>>34931368
I want to join the Navy too. Poland here.
>>
>>34931394
White straight christian male. I work in the finance industry right now.

True story but w/e
>>
>>34931368
>try and join US army, more specifically the Navy
You're definitely ready for the Navy, dumb as a box of rocks.
>>
>>34931368
Need to gain some form of residency.
>>
>>34931368
it's not unheard of. had a dude in my basic that was from the uk. don't expect to go into anything that would require a security clearance though. also, i've known a few marines that got their citizenship while serving. that was kinda back in the day though. like pre-surge days.
>>
>>34931447
>>34931379
Ok you two cunts, I am aware that the army is the separate branch of military than the navy... English is my second language and have reverted and made this mistake.
>>
>>34931368
>>34931468
read up on it:
https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet
>>
>>34931481
>https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet
OP Here, i don't even want citizenship. Im cool. Just wanna serve. Ty.
>>
>>34931490
can't serve without citizenship dude. sorry pick one or the other. i mean you could pull dual citizenship. your income would be taxed in the states though.
>>
>>34931502
You can with a green card though.
>>
>>34931502
Buggar.. So i gotta go through the whole green card thing or no join?

Oh well..

Thanks
>>
>>34931513
This raises a good question. Why don't militaries set up foreign legions
>>
>>34931558
We just get the CIA to do it as needed.
>>
>>34931368
You sure picked a great time to apply, it just so happens about 10 new spots just opened up. :^)
>>
>>34931625
Which spots?
>>
>>34931513
Just curious why do you want to join the US and not be a citizen? Where you from anyways?
>>
Don't let people shit on you for joining the Navy. The only branch you should avoid is the Chairforce.
>>
>>34931746
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/21/search-underway-for-10-sailors-after-uss-john-s-mccain-collision-near-singapore-ship-has-significant-damage.amp.html
>>
>>34931789
Somalia
>>
>>34931789
Hi, OP here. Croatian working in Luxembourg. Well im well off so i don;t need handouts or new homes.
>>
>>34931907
Do you speak Lëtzebuergesch?
>>
File: 02cd75d5.jpg (275KB, 988x693px) Image search: [Google]
02cd75d5.jpg
275KB, 988x693px
>>34931468
We had four or five when I went through OSUT in 2012 including the most stereotypical Russian I've ever met. Already in his early 30's, jacked to shit, and spoke like those Ivan Chesnokov posts.

The Drill Sergeants asked him why a Russian would join the US military. He told them he wanted to remove kebab.
>>
>>34931441
>White straight christian male.
I'm sorry, but that's a funny way of saying Air Farce
>>
>>34931368
Navy sucks ass, but if that's your thing, that's your thing. A non-citizen can enlist with a green card. Probably the easiest to get is the student visa, especially if you're a white, non-criminal, educated European. Or just go to the American embassy nearest you, tell them what you want to do, and follow their instructions.
>>
>>34931970
I wish man. That is one hard language to speak.

Working on french!
>>
>>34931981
Thats exactly how i feel.
>>
>>34931981
Did you become friends?
>>
>>34931368
during my basic training my cycle had two African guys that could run like the wind, regale us with tales of hunting lions and did our laundry for free for some reason. i can't remember if they contacted a U.S. Embassy, or an actual army recruiter in Ethiopia or Zimbabwe or where ever the fuck they were from, but i recall their enlistment was relatively short for citizenship.
>>
Citizenship has fuck-all to do with joining the US military

The important, difficult thing is you need a green card to do it in the first place
>>
>>34931558
>what is the French foreign legion
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.