[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions on TIKAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: dukedrone_2.jpg (16KB, 586x330px) Image search: [Google]
dukedrone_2.jpg
16KB, 586x330px
What do you guys think about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coAgwSvWTDk
Its tje TIKAD armed drone, it seems to me like a pretty significant development in military affairs.
Do you think it will significantly alter the tactical capabilites of small units, especially in urban areas? I certainly do, but most importantly I look forward to the competition this hopefully creates on the market.
Thoughts?
>>
File: tikad-military-drone-6_big.jpg (681KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tikad-military-drone-6_big.jpg
681KB, 1200x1000px
It certainly does not look like a piece of gimmicked crap to me, but then again the announcement teaser or whatever looks cringey as hell to me.
>>
looks like Ork ingenuity to me
didn't they strap a couple of rocket launchers on a drone in Ukraine or something?
>>
File: dukedrone_1_big.jpg (69KB, 1034x700px) Image search: [Google]
dukedrone_1_big.jpg
69KB, 1034x700px
>>34929107
They did, it was something like a RPG-28. But if I recall correctly there was no recoil dampening aparatus like on TIKAD.
But that was because this particular moder of launcher is supposed to mitigate recoil by having the back opened.
The platform itself here is the most sophisticated part it has, and yeah the drone looks wonky as hell, but the recoil platform seems legit.
Also this is a US based company, its obvious they want to sell it to the united states armed forces first and foremost.
>>
File: IMG_5403.jpg (376KB, 1276x1919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5403.jpg
376KB, 1276x1919px
>>34928942
That looks absolutely fucking hideous and underpowered. Can't we just give the Fire Scouts some M134s and call it a day?
>>
>>34929302
Its meant specifically for urban ops. The guy behind the company is a former israeli army, and he said that dense housing blocks and shit is what this is meant for.
Thats the reason as to why it really does not inspire much confidence in regards to its flight performance.
>>
File: 845241576_803.jpg (79KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
845241576_803.jpg
79KB, 600x398px
I'm getting tired of it always being just quads with guns strapped on, how about some small, maybe 3 m wingspan propeller aircraft with a hard mounted AR?
Fixed wing aircraft would have a longer loiter time, range, and s higher speed, yeah sure they can't hover but who doesn't want to see some hajids getting strafed by some AR planes.
Just add the lightest weight AR setup into pic related and a control chip and you're good to go.
>>
>>34928942
>>34928958
>>34929148
It seems a lot more useful with anything other than an AR. Hell, imagine sending up a drone with a multi shot grenade launcher on it to deal with a particularly bothersome position.
>>
Cheap mockup to get funding. I don't think it'll be practical , multi rotors are relatively inefficient and can't carry weight for long. Looks like they actually tried with the recoil mitigation though - they're using the control arms to smooth recoil. Might actually become useful in later versions when they strip the gun to barebones sub-4lb, give it a 10" barrel, and put a whopper brake on it.

Personally I think they should use .22LR with a simplified aiming system (sans recoil mitigation) and a buttload more ammo. A smaller gun could pivot at the back and be stablized and aimed with only 2 control arms at the front. Cut the weight, cut the size, make it something you're actually bother toting around.
>>
>>34929771
I guess they had to compromise in order to make the recoil platform usable, and even then look what they had to strap on it to make it fly.

>>34929626
Until you got to the part about RC planes strafing hajjis I was like get out of here with your prop plane.
But again, the whole point of this drone, as I understand it, is to be able to hover and lay down supressing fire or whatever while remaining stable and effective with follow up shots and whatnot.
Also cant fly a plane in tiny streets between apartment buildings and shit.
TIKAD is apparently also usable as a straight up marksman platform of sorts, with the operator being able to engage targets using a tablet. No idea if its usable in the field the way they advertise it, but seems plausible.

Here is a video of a handgun strapped to a drone, it shows why that recoil platform is essential for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI--wFfipvA
>>
not so fast whitey
>>
>>34929785
I agree, it just looks like a prototype or a technology demonstrator. It must also be loud as fuck, since even the normal commercial quadcopters or whatever are pretty loud, and theyre like quarter size of this shit, if not less.

I dig the idea with the .22LR chin turret thing. That actually sounds way better than what TIKAD offers.
>>
>>34929803
A single quadcopter with an AR would be a lot more useful than a single plane with and AR yes but think of a swarm of AR planes, taking turns strafing and then returning higher up into their swarm and going back to base when ammo or battery is depleted. for the price of a single quad you might be able to get two planes.
And yeah it's quite true that you cant get into tight confines like streets with a plane.
>>
File: droneshield-dronegun.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
droneshield-dronegun.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>34928942
>it seems to me like a pretty significant development in military affairs.
Not really.

and if you get close in enough SoF units carry around mobile jamming units anyway
>>
>>34930101
They're not too heavy too.
>>
>>34930382
>>34930101
Aren't those for radio controlled vehicles though? What if the vehicle is completely autonomous and doesn't require a radio signal to function?
>>
>>34930419
Yeah that shit only works on commercial drones that land if they lose contact with the cucktroller. Make your shit from scratch with an AVR or ARM like you're supposed to and you won't have this problem.
>>
>>34929415
>drone that looks unstable as hell
>urban ops

At this point, why not just make a cheap disposable drone that just flies around quickly and quietly.
>>
>>34928942
Micro drone swarms with v40 mini grenade size charges that can be set after targets, much easier.
>>
>>34930419
>Aren't those for radio controlled vehicles though?

So EXACTLY what was in OP's video, and the topic of this thread? Surprisingly, yes!
>>
>>34928942
>dumb drone
>cant reload gun
>not carrying a fucking beta mag
Someone looked over how important the magazine capacity is
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.