[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Meme gun?.jpg (19KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
Meme gun?.jpg
19KB, 648x432px
I'm new to buying fire arms, since my mother was a very strict woman who wouldn't let guns in her house, and I'm thinking about purchasing a M9 Beretta as my first gun. I thought about first getting a 38, or a 38 snub nose, but keep hearing that the recoil will kill your arm, and you won't be as accurate. Is a Beretta any good, or should I try a new one? Any recommendations for first time purchase?
>>
>>34927124
Looking to carry? Smith and Wesson Shield. Cash in on the rebate.
>>
I mean my girlfriend has a 38 and does just fine. Unless you're a baby wristed pussy pretty much anything other than a desert eagle or magnum should be just fine as far as pistols go. M9 is solid. Used a lot by various law enforcement agencies. I know walther has a 100 dollar rebate on their pps right now. Also very solid fire arm that is pretty easy as a CCW/home defense
>>
>>34927137
Possibly, yes. But I feel the Beretta won't rip my arm off as a first time shooter. I'm also interested in getting a nice shot gun and rifle. Something simple, maybe later on get a carbine. Saw a nice looking modern M1 Carbine in my shop in town. 700 bucks, but holy hell it looks a beaut.
>>
>>34927189
Well I was talking about a 38 snub nose. The guy at the gun shop compared the recoil to that tiny ass gun from MIB. He said, "Its small, but god damn does it hurt afterwards." And does the Beretta only take 9mm or does it take 45 ACP?
>>
>>34927190
9 won't rip your arm off.
.38 won't rip your arm off.
.45 won't rip your arm off.
Practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>34927137
Mike I know it's you, pls go
>>
Why an M9 over a 92?
>>
>>34927211
9mm or .40 S&W. There's also some other one for yurops who can't use military rounds.
>>
File: IMG_1069.jpg (1MB, 2560x1608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1069.jpg
1MB, 2560x1608px
I just recently made my first purchase after lurking here for a while. Pretty much referred to pic related and caressed guns at the shop until I found one that felt good and had a good price.
>>
>>34927231
I dunno, I just like the look of it. Plus it reminds me of the gun that Leon used in Resident Evil 2 when I was younger. Plus I also like the fact that the ammunition isn't very expensive...I think.
>>
>>34927284
Please stop posting this shitty image. It was terrible when it was made, it's even worse now. One of the handguns on that list is now not even in production.
>>
>>34927124
>but keep hearing that the recoil will kill your arm, and you won't be as accurate
the lightweight snub nose guns naturally kick more than a full-size gun, but even heavy recoil can be controlled. for example, my first purchase was a ruger sp101 .357mag 4.2" barrel. what im saying is buy what you are comfortable with. buy a gun you will practice with
>recommendations?
what do you plan for the gun? home defense? everyday carry? range toy?
>>
>>34927344
Well, for home defense and range really. I'm planning for my carry to be a long barrel 38 revolver.
>>
>>34927336
Acktchually it's being re-introduced.

But that list is a horrible ego project.
>>
File: img.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
.38 / 9mm have soft recoil. They're not bad for the cost but I'm more accurate with my P226, factory trigger isn't great.
>>
>>34927373
i wont recommend specific guns but i suggest a full-size piece. mostly for the sake of capacity
>>
>>34927336
>>34927416
Is there a /k/-approved list then? I wouldn't know where to start.
>>
>>34927679
Go to a gunstore and fingerfuck some guns you like and are in your price range. Pick the one that feels best in your hand. Bonus if you live near any ranges that let you rent so you can get a feel for firing too.
>>
>>34927124
>go to gunstore
>explain your situation
>handle variety of pistols that are FULL SIZE & COMPACT
>don't cheap out and buy a sub $350 gun (s9ve/american/hipoint/taurus/rossi)
>buy ammo and go to range
>repeat but rifles then shotguns

First pistol should be 9mm or 40sw. Anything else and the ammo is more expensive and you'll shoot less often and slow your progress.
>>
>>34927124
Word of advice from a 92 owner:

If you do get one, get the following products. Wilson Combat spring kit, steel trigger and guide rod (only if you buy the 92FS), Wilson oversize mag release. You will need a 1.5mm and 3mm roll pin punch (the imperial set with 1/16" and 1/8" from harbor freight will do as well.)
It's not imperative you get these immediately, but it's totally worth the money.
There are two types of magazines: 92 magazines and M9 magazines. 92 magazines have the Bruniton/Inox coating, M9 magazines have a Teflon coating that makes them a little nicer.
The 92 is definitely a carryable weapon (it's not Mk23 SOCOM levels of huge) but if you're solely looking for a carry gun look elsewhere. As a gun you'll have somewhere in the house just in case or for target/range queen, it'll work fine.
If you get a 92FS and want to put on night sights you'll have to get it gunsmithed, the front sights aren't dovetailed.

Some different models of 92: M9 is basically the US adoption of the 92FS with a few minor changes. Straight dust cover, two dot sights. The M9A1 is basically the M9 with a rail. The M9A3 has a bigger mag release, a few other things I don't know off the top of my head and an ugly FDE coat. The 92 Brigadier is the 92 with a beefier slide to address issues of frame cracking. It has dovetailed sights. The 92 Compact is exactly what you think it is. If I remember right the 92 Centurion is a compact slide with a full size frame. The Vertec is for handlets. 92A1 is a 92fs with a round trigger guard and a rail.

Honestly just get a 92FS if you don't want a rail and an M9A1 if you do.
>>
>>34927124
92Fs is the shit boi get one
>>
>>34927137

How is the shield compared to the M&P9c when it comes to sub-compacts?

I have the latter and it shoots ungodly low. I'm talking lining up the sights on the target's chest 21 feet away and barely hitting the bottom edge of the paper. The only handgun that does it.
>>
>>34928165
Mine shoots slightly left even bench shooting. It's a decent sized compact, but I can still conceal it pretty easy in the middle of summer. It's neat, my first striker gun and I used to carry a Pocket Pony so it's definitely different holding on to, but I like it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.