[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spam ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6780.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6780.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What do you guys know about these? Should be 7.62x54r but that's as far as I know.
>>
>>34924289
there's an infographic that someone made to decode it but from wingin it looks like Russian stuff from June of 1945
>>
Does anyone know why they were put in these spam cans instead of the more "traditional" tuna cans.
>>
>>34924289
Frunze/#60 Type L light ball on stripper clips in 15 round boxes. 20 boxes/60 clips/300 rounds per tin, 2 tins per wooden crate. Galvanized tin soldered closed with pull tab.

i'd agree with the '45 date, it's a ww2 era can
>>
oh and they'll be copper washed steel cases.
>>
>>34924328
mmm, nice and ripe.
>>
>>34924428
I thought these were the older type.
>>
>>34924433
That doesn't sound right, typo maybe?
Your math means 600 rounds per crate.
I know they only have 2 can openers per crate, though.
>>
File: WP_000117.jpg (440KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000117.jpg
440KB, 1296x972px
I still have like two of these cans left. The last one I opened was like 5 years ago. Super easy to open
>>
>>34924614
as far as i know those are 300rd cans
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmoID01.htm#Packaging
>>
>>34924655
They're 300 if on clips and 440 if loose. Most of the loose version of the cans that were imported were yellow tip heavy ball.
>>
OP here,
The individual I bought the crate from said that it was 440 rounds in each tin. There shouldn't be clips in the tins.
>>
>>34924289
that isn't meat you fucking idiot
>>
>>34924767
any markings on the crate?
>>
>>34924787
The preserved meat known as Spam actually takes its name from the can it's packaged in.
Steel Packed Army Materiel.
>>
File: IMG_6782.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6782.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
OP here
Here's the crate.
>>
>>34924787
No wonder it always hurts my teeth!
>>
>>34924849
>Hormel himself claimed the product was named for a combination of the words "spice" and "ham," despite the fact that neither ingredient appears in Spam. The confusion has led some to speculate that Spam is an acronym for "Shoulder of Pork And Ham," but company line gives Kenneth Daigneau, the brother of a Hormel VP, credit for naming the product. As Hormel tells it, he launched a naming contest for the new product during a New Year's Eve party, when Daigneau spit out "Spam" as if "it were nothing at all," Hormel told Gill. "I knew then and there that the name was perfect."
>>
>>34924860

yea there not on stripper clips, the mosin ammo that came on stripper clips a few years ago is loaded a bit hotter then usual 54r as well.
>>
>>34924787
God op is just a STUPID motherfucker!
>>
>>34924860
>880wt

you got what you paid for
>>
>generic slav surplus

something about those tin cans always piss me off

it's probably the fact that they form sharp as fuck edges when you use the pull tab to open them
>>
I swear this thread was about ammo and it turned into the appropriate usage of spam cans. /k/ truly is a magical place.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.