[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese contract Inglis Hi-Power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Inglis Hi-Power No1.jpg (3MB, 1024x6134px) Image search: [Google]
Inglis Hi-Power No1.jpg
3MB, 1024x6134px
I finally have my Chinese contrat Inglis Hi-Power No.1.

First series pistol produced in June of 1944, it has no new series number in front of the "CH" serial number. This pistol is in 100% condition with zero wear on the pistol, grip and even on the brand new stock that has its original, extremely rare sling. This pistol has never had a shot fired through it in its 70+ years of existence. Worth over $4,000 CAD, I got it for $2,100 from a friend who got it for free through contacts, with twenty modern MecGar magazines and a complete spare No.1 trigger mechanism and spare extractors, springs and other parts. He also gave me the original registration form from 1993 (I'm Canadian) when you had to register your guns. The form says that it original came with a 13 round magazine, that my buddy gave me. I am now in possession of a prohibited magazine (oops) but I already modified it to be a permanent 10 round magazine by just welding a rod under the follower.

This was a steal for me and my buddy made $2,100 off of it.

Discuss.
>>
>>34923923
Neato.... but... it looks like it's made out of pot metal
>>
>gets rare, nearly mint condition handgun w/ matching magazine
>immediately takes a welder to said magazine
Fucking leafcucks
>>
>>34923947
>weld a rod under the follower of a prohibited 13-round magazine to turn it legal and not get arrested and not lose all my guns
>a completely reversible operation
Go fuck yourself, dipshit.
>>
>>34923940
It might be the finish? It's just your run of the mill steel. Same as my 1911, I guess.
>>
>>34923923
Neat piece, really like the stereotypically optimistic adjustable rear sight. Never know when you might wanna engage somebody at 500m with your sidearm
>>
So where's the sticker?
Serials were engraved after the finish was applied and should still be white.
Your's has been refinished at some point.
>>
>>34923985
I'm the owner of this gun.

Hints: I'm also a CF armourer, none of our Hi-Power No.2 Mk1*s have the disgusting stickers that rub off on the front of the grip and none of the serial numbers were engraved after the pistols have been finished, unless they got new slides or new barrels (to replace cracked ones), then you would engrave the existing serial number of the frame on it.

This pistol is all original with no new barrel and no new slide.

So no on both counts.
>>
>>34923984
The sight radius is so short that even when you put it to 500m it does not point that high, compared to a 91/30 when you put the sights to 2,000m.
>>
>>34924005
ALL pistols were finshed and assembled before serialization. Any with a blacked number has been refinished. Likewise all would have had the sticker when first shipped.
There should also be the model markings on it. Looks like they have been removed.
>>
>>34924039
No on all counts. I have inspected literally thousands of Hi-Powers on multiple Army bases and all have the finish over the engraved serial number, unless we replaced a slide and/or barrel. The spare slides come already finished with no serial number so they will indeed be white when you engrave the new serial number on it.

The only time I've seen the stickers is on civilian Hi-Powers that are being sold around, and I think I've seen some on some in some Air Force vaults. No Army Hi-Powers in my area have them.
>>
>>34924066
Every single Hi Power in Candian service went through a thorough servicing and refinishing as a make work program starting after WW2 and continuing through the 70s.
>>
>>34924090
Yup, when the No.2 Mk1* came out in 1968. Still no stickers.
>>
>>34924098
The No2 pistol was a WW2 design, same with the Mk1* imporvements. ALL Inglis Hi Power pistols were made before 1945 and simply updated and rebuilt as needed. The stickers were applied not just to the Inglis made arms but to all Canadian made war equipment destined for other countries.
>>
>>34924150
The No.2 Mk1* was a series of upgrades (extractor, ejector, hammer) that physically have "2" or "II" stamped onto the parts. It was a mid-life upgrade of the pistol in 1968. The parts have different dimensions, or in the case of the hammer, the pin for the hammer spring guide rod is in a different location.

I know the fucking things because I fucking work with them, and have been for 12 years. Stop trying to teach me its history.
>>
>>34924181
The No2 pistol is mostly just different sights compared to the No1, Couple Minor changes internally as well.
Teh MkI* designation is minor internal improvements to the base model.
Both No2 and the I* designation date back to WW2 and earlier pistols were modified to the new stnadards as they came in for repair.
Apparnelty you don't know shit about the very pistol you claim to work on.
>>
>>34924224
Wrong on all counts. I could post pictures of the different hammers, extractors and ejectors with the "2" or "II" stamped on them since the No.2 mid-life upgrade, which is how you fucking identify No.2 parts from the original No.1 parts, but you're so fucking retarded that I won't bother. The rear sight is also a fixed sight that is machined into the slide itself and there are five different front sight blades with different numbers for height. The sights literally never changed throughout the different iterations of the Inglis Hi-Power.

I'm on /k/ so I will take my own experience, studies, history and physical copies of the pistol's CFTO (actual pistol manual with all the history, different upgrades with dates and what changed) with the pistols I have actually worked with for over a decade over some dipshit who has it all wrong and tries to tell ME I'm wrong. Have a good day.
>>
>>34924288
If you look at the OP pic you will clearly see the adjustable sight of a No.1 poistol. The No2 used in Canadian service had a fixed rear sight, pretty big fucking differnce in them. That is the primary difference there are minor other ones between the two models.
No1s in Canadian service were rebuilt to No2 specs. Likewise any MkI pistols were also upgraded to MkI* psecs as they came for service. In the 70;s there was a concerted push to standardise all the pistols to No2Mk1* specs. Any Canadian made pistol not to these specs was either a lunchbox special or given away/sold before refurbishment.
>>
>>34924327
...Are you fucking shitting me?

The pistol in the OP pic is a Chinese contract pistol. That's why it has the 500m adjustable rear sight and the wooden stock in the first fucking place. It was indeed a lunchbox special. Look up what a Chinese contract Inglis Hi-Power is.

Why do I even keep posting here.
>>
>>34924360
Chinese contract pitols were designated No1MkI and No1MkI* depending on date of manufacture. They were most definetly not lunch box specials as they actually were serialled and left the factory through the loading docks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.