[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you consider a staff NCO billet prestigious?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_1682.jpg (246KB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1682.jpg
246KB, 1600x2000px
Would you consider a staff NCO billet prestigious?
>>
File: 1462479089304.gif (468KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462479089304.gif
468KB, 500x400px
>>34923745
What you do: Your there to provide a firm but fair hand of judgement and be a resource of wisdom and experience for both the juniors under your command and for your OIC who you will guide and advise to bring about their full potential as leaders.

What you really do:Try your best to keep the Sgts from going overboard with punishment or bickering amongst themselves and remind the juniors how badly you can fuck their lives up should they step out of line.And remind your OIC of the limits of his power and the capabilities of his platoon.He and the juniors will think themselves the smartest in the platoon despite them being on opposite ends of the spectrum of power (this is why your here to remind them that their not as smart as they imagine themselves.)

With that out of the way, YES it is prestigious to be given a rank that requires you to be a seasoned and capable manager of men.BUT you'll never get the respect you deserve until you hit the top of your now SNCO food chain.
>>
>>34923745

For a month, I got stuck being the acting platoon sergeant for a weapons platoon. Recalling the amount of liberty and alcohol related instances I had to deal with still raises my blood pressure
>>
>>34923745
Staff NCOs are literally sub human.
>>
File: 1482255528891.png (187KB, 313x386px) Image search: [Google]
1482255528891.png
187KB, 313x386px
>>34923964
>t. Buttmad Butterbar
>>
File: 14739157.jpg (7KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
14739157.jpg
7KB, 273x185px
>>34923745
Someone has to enforce grooming standards
>>
>>34923913
I had a soldier with two incidents involving a sword and alcohol. It's like they hate their free time.
>>
>>34923745
That was my Sergeant Major when I got out and Damn good SNCO compared to others. But the title isn't always prestigious.
>>
I worked an SFC slot as a Spc for 3 years and I don't feel any prestige. Fuckers could have at least made my a corporal.
>>
>>34924954
Why are so many senior Marines completely shaved?
>>
>>34924954
Same thing happened to my dad, as an E7 he was doing all the shit the E8 was supposed to be doing. Of course they weren't about to give him a pay raise for it.
>>
>>34923745
Prestigious? No. Officers and MOH Recipients get the glory. If you want prestige, get your degree and and a commission. If you want to actually get shit done, stay enlisted and know your place.
>>
>>34925132
Why are you asking a Soldier a Marine question?
>>
>>34925336
What about warrant officers? Same as snco?
>>
>>34925437
warrant officer don't even real
>>
File: tfw no DZ.png (401KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no DZ.png
401KB, 680x750px
>>34924954
>i handed out basketballs at the gym
>where's my parade
On the off-chance you were legit putting in work, I can relate. When I was in, most FOs were lower enlisted but tasked into the E-5 FO slot, and we had to carry the SINCGARS to boot. I don't care about the pay; I liked the job. What chapped my anus is the battalion commander would not sign off on my PCS award, for two reasons:

>"we don't have any PFCs in FO slots. PFCs are driver/RTOs"
Which is obvious bullshit, and...

>"consequently, a driver/RTO will not be awarded an ARCOM just for adequate performance so long as I am battalion commander"
Um, I was recommended for an ARCOM because I was a pretty good FO.

I didn't get cunty with anyone when my award got kicked back, rephrased to cast me as a mere driver (I had never even driven a military vehicle at that point, and reduced to an AAM, but I sure threw that motherfucker directly in the garbage immediately following the ceremony which also saw a sergeant who couldn't make weight get an ARCOM for answering phones at BN HQ.

Anyway, to the point of the thread: no staff NCO assignments are prestigious. They're all busywork. The only NCO positions with any amount of prestige are CSM positions at division-level or higher.
>>
>>34925132

In my case, the constant wearing of a kevlar helmet strangled my hairline and I experienced thinning/balding at 25.
>>
>>34925450
WHAT?
>>
>>34923745
>No ranger tab
>>
>>34925437
Warrant Officers are mystical unicorns. Nobody knows what they do except them. No real prestige in the annals of history but the very best in their trade and respected among the men almost universally...unless they're assholes in which case the enlisted hate them with the fury of 10,000 hot suns.
>>
File: why pepe.jpg (111KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
why pepe.jpg
111KB, 800x522px
>>34925474

tfw when you're doing the jobs of two men in the s6 shop and you never even get a coin.
>>
>>34925437
My last one was a fucking hard charger and all around badass who cared for his Marines (so long as they were distrustful shit birds)
My current one is a weird giraffe looking cunt with the shittiest overly condescending holier than thou attitude who takes leave every time his program goes under inspection and forces NCO's unrelated to his job to work after hours and weekends on his personal shit. Also gives not a single fuck about anybody and will arbitrarily kank leave requests because he feels like it.
My command is famous for having trash higher leadership though.
>>
>>34925905
>USMC
>>
File: 1354502425901.png (26KB, 154x183px) Image search: [Google]
1354502425901.png
26KB, 154x183px
>>34924265
And diddle kiddies.
>>34923874
This.
>>
File: kot.jpg (597KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
597KB, 800x800px
>>34925905
>>
>>34926192

quit complainin

t. sigo
>>
>>34923874
What you might ACTUALLY do:

micromanage and make the lives of adult men miserable because you have nothing better to do.
>>
>>34925336
wrong

>smaj kasal literally has a statue in his likeness
>>
>>34923745
PVT - Boot
PFC - Still boot, fucks up a lot
LCpl - Does all the work, most of the NJPs
Cpl - Think they rate as much as a Sgt but still do LCpl work but now take all the blame for fuck ups
Sgt - In charge of daily routine. Takes blame for PVT-Cpl fucks ups. Gets ass chewed daily. (I was a Sgt by the time I gained my freedom back)
SSgt - Usually pissed off at everyone for everything, many are stuck at this rank for many years. Married to dependapotamus. Detached from kids.
GySgt - They hate everyone, everyone hates them. Usually divorced or soon to be. Dependa take all the money and kids. Takes out anger on NCOs. Gets called Gunny(so that's cool)
MSgt - Mother Fucking Damn
1stSgt - Chews ass all day, every day. NJP's for everyone. Gets shit on by less experienced Capt. All admin work at this point, no longer your old MOS.
SgtMaj - LtCol's bitch. More NJPs. Chew more ass. Divorced, no longer talks to kids. Gave life to the Corps. High and stupid tight. Shave that damn moostache(I got this a lot). Oohrah, Semper Fi, yut yut kill.
MGySgt - I don't give a fuck. Fuck you Sir, let's take this outside so I can beat your ass.(true story) Never chews ass, hardly works, skate life. Get called Master Guns(badass title to have)
WO1-CWO4 - Still enlisted but salute now
CWO5 - Fucking unicorns. Only ever seen one. Which is one more than anyone else has ever seen.
>>
>>34929880
2Lt - Fucking Boooooot, equivalent to PVT, just as stupid. Very timid.
1Lt - Still pretty boot, usually engaged to hot college girl. Think they rate but the LCpls still have 2 more combat deployments and actual leadership exp.
Cpt - Hot wife, has some experience now, makes 1stSgt do everything
Maj - LtCol's other bitch
LtCol - Take's blame for everyone, for everything. Old as fuck despite only being in his 40-50s. Get's chewed out by generals when LCpl's choke out Filipino traps or kill babies(both true stories)
Col - Same as LtCol except at the regiment level.
1-4 star Generals - End game, politicians, give long as fuck speeches thanking everyone and their literal mother.

Corpsman - What grooming regulations. Hydrate, change your socks, and take this motrin. Everyone calls you Doc
Chaplain - I got some candy for you
RP - Everyone thinks you're just a bodyguard for the Chaps, you're more like admin. Everyone calls you Doc, you've given up correcting them.
>>
>>34929880
I've seen 3 CWO5s, and they're still fucking unicorns.
Also, pretty accurate descriptions
>>
>>34929892>>34929880

Try Army ADA. I've got 3 CCW5's, 4 CW4s, and so many CW3s/CW2s that I don't even know how many we've got in our battery.
>>
File: 1479904758807.jpg (26KB, 480x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479904758807.jpg
26KB, 480x326px
>>34929883
>LtCol - Take's blame for everyone, for everything. Old as fuck despite only being in his 40-50s. Get's chewed out by generals when LCpl's choke out Filipino traps or kill babies(both true stories)
>>
File: disgusted.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
I had bidets installed on every toilet underneath my command because fuckboys wouldn't stop making wet paper towel balls and sticking them to the ceiling. That's fucking 4th grade shit, I seriously do not understand how adult men can want to do that for weeks on end especially when they are otherwise charged with maintaining multi-million dollar weaponry.
>>
>>34932044

not him but that happened on my deployment and he claimed it was an accident so case closed
>>
File: 1467658664760.gif (151KB, 350x565px) Image search: [Google]
1467658664760.gif
151KB, 350x565px
>>34932078
It's the rubber banding that's sometimes caused when going from PVT to LCpl.
>>
File: IMG_5305.jpg (44KB, 353x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5305.jpg
44KB, 353x303px
>>34925905
>>
>>34925936
Also among the chillest people who rate a salute, by a retarded margin.
>>
>>34927121
>Tabless faggots
>>
>>34923913
I was acting PSG as an E3 and it was fucking aids, and I still didn't get my 4
>>
>>34923745
So I fear this is not exactly a correctly worded question. Staff NCOs is a rank. A billet is a job within their rank/MOS for example a Sgt of an infantry MOS with a Recruiter/Drill Instructor etc.
To answer Staff NCOs are generally cool as fuck in my experience but they typically left me alone since I was beholden only to my FiST team leader a Captain. They had a LOT of knowledge of the USMC having a lot of them deploying more than I have had hot chow. It takes a fucking lot to get Staff NCO. You deal with a lot of fucking bullshit. You have to deal with fucking Lower enlisted who for some fucked up reason did not realize that the military was going to be inconvenient like oh no the fucking seven tons are late.And other bullshit They hate the military because they are a lazy sack of shit. Dealing with those shit grates on your nerves. I would say it is prestigious to rise through the ranks and suffer
>>
>>34934137
found the staff NCO
>>
>>34929880
>PVT - BootPFC - Still boot, fucks up a lotLCpl - Does all the work, most of the NJPsCpl - Think they rate as much as a Sgt but still do LCpl work but now take all the blame for fuck upsSgt - In charge of daily routine. Takes blame for PVT-Cpl fucks ups. Gets ass chewed daily.

All this is pretty much spot on.

>SSgt - Usually pissed off at everyone for everything, many are stuck at this rank for many years. Married to dependapotamus. Detached from kids.

This is half and half. SSgts are hit and miss. I've had a lot of shitty SSgts one is currently our company gunny and makes it his personal mission to fuck everybody's life, such as doing things like putting a combat engineer in charge of coms and then nonrecing that combat engineer for doing a shitty job that falls COMPLETELY outside of his job description. But I've also had SSgts who will give you guidance and knowledge for days to help you get promoted.

>GySgt - They hate everyone, everyone hates them. Usually divorced or soon to be. Dependa take all the money and kids. Takes out anger on NCOs. Gets called Gunny(so that's cool)

All of my Gunnys have been dope as fuck. Just don't piss them off and your fine.

>MSgt - Mother Fucking Damn

That can have multiple meanings, but Currently my MSgt is a professional stand up badass dude, a no nonsense dude, but cool none the less.

>1stSgt - Chews ass all day, every day. NJP's for everyone.

I've only ever met 2 1st sgts that didn't have a perpetual hate boner for Marines

>SgtMaj - LtCol's bitch.

yup

>MGySgt - I don't give a fuck. Fuck you Sir, let's take this outside so I can beat your ass.(true story) Never chews ass, hardly works, skate life. Get called Master Guns(badass title to have)

Master guns does whatever the fuck he wants

>CWO5 - Fucking unicorns. Only ever seen one. Which is one more than anyone else has ever seen.

I was in Pendleton last month for a couple weeks and saw 5 at the same field op. I thought I was in the twilight zone.
>>
>>34934292
What warrant officers do anyway? I heard they're supposed to be experts in their field but isn't that what snco are? Seems redundant but I'm not in military yet so I wouldn't know how it works in practice
>>
>>34934378
SNCOs have to do admin and take charge of their Marines etc. Warrant officers just learn and teach and go off grid
>>
File: posting.gif (2MB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
posting.gif
2MB, 300x216px
>mfw all these SNCOs on /k/

So this is what you're all doing when you go do Important Staff Sergeant Shit
>>
>>34934500
/k/ is what I did when I did important Sgt stuff.
Well, that and played pokemon on a toughbook when in the field.
>>
File: meaty whack.png (267KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
meaty whack.png
267KB, 444x500px
>>34925450
>tfw was a paper bitch for a CWO2 last couple of months in
>tfw he said I was practically an extension of himself until the last month I had in

It was magical guys, it was levels of skating that no Corporal should have ever experienced, literally felt like I went through some sort of doorway into Narnia
>>
>>34934378
Snco is an expert in their mos, expected to have cross training. Example, tanker snco is master of tanks, but has held staff positions and possibly been in an mgs organization.
Chief is a technical expertise, being a pilot and only over flying, no admin work, staff positions. Or maintenance, he works on strykers, and ONLY Stryker, where similarly a wheel mechanic does everything with wheels.
>>
>>34934663
So all you do as a warrant pilot is just fly? That sounds pretty cool is there anything else you have you to do?
>>
>>34934828
All the other typical military crap that everyone has to do.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.