[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An artillery barrage of questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1485911954192.png (419KB, 708x747px) Image search: [Google]
1485911954192.png
419KB, 708x747px
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION /K/?

I was browsing the /sg/ (Syria General) and came upon several vids of artillery being dropped on entrenched positions

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soHUB0MRIi0

The hits seem almost directly on top of the trenches.IS there even hope for infantry who come under fire from artillery.What should they do, hunkerdown and pray or run like shit down a leg and hope they escape the blast radius in time.
>>
>>34923005
The idea of a trench, or a foxhole even, is a good concept when getting shelled. The only difference is now days weapons are pinpoint accurate.
>>
>>34923005
>The hits seem almost directly on top of the trenches.IS there even hope for infantry who come under fire from artillery.What should they do, hunkerdown and pray or run like shit down a leg and hope they escape the blast radius in time.
they've already fucked up, you shouldn't let the enemy know what or where to use mortars/arty. guerrilla warfare 101, keep moving.
>>
File: 1468202980830.png (134KB, 271x264px) Image search: [Google]
1468202980830.png
134KB, 271x264px
>>34923092
Thats not reassuring freindo.

So whats the point if you spend an hour or so digging in if your just going to get 'pinpoint' artty brought down on you.The only hope you have is that the spotters call it wrong ir that your dealing with shit teir soviet block guns lobbing lead at you.
>>
>>34923100
Those are SAA vs. FSA forces both have a symmetric forces approach considering the FSA has a few defected SAA army units, so they may not be pulling guerrilla warfare card.
>>
>>34923196
Well in Afghanistan we dug fighting holes (foxholes) all the time, even slept in them. The difference is I'm an American. Hadjis aren't pinpoint accurate, or accurate in general really, so it benefits us.

Granted because they don't have satellites that could count the whiskers on your face, and we do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.