[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to break in new boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: das boots.jpg (888KB, 1116x1488px) Image search: [Google]
das boots.jpg
888KB, 1116x1488px
So I have a new pair of Hi Tec boots that need breaking in. (Probably not my 1st choice in brands, but found them at Kohls and my GF had a 30% off coupon plus it was tax free weekend for clothing purchases)
They seem big and stiff, so I'm trying to break them in slowly, by wearing them around the house for short periods.
How long should it take to break them in, and how can I tell if they're too big? ( or should I just wear thicker and thicker socks until they fit? I should be able to exchange them for another size if I need to. They're the HT Logans btw.
>>
>>34921886
Wear them around the house everyday for a few hours for at least a week or two. Also make sure to wear the thickest socks you can find.
>>
>>34921886
wear them.
/thread
>>
>>34921886
Wear them when you run errands/are out of the house for short periods of time.
>>
>>34921886
Why do they look so bulky?
>>
>>34922250
They're a heavier hiking type boot. That's why they need a bit of break in. I usually wear trail running shoes inawoods, but I wanted something heavier. When you're carrying a pack over rocky terrain, the bottom of your feel feel every little rock through the thin soled trail runners.
>>
>>34922250
OP has ankles like a VS model's wrists
>>
>>34921886
Normally I'd say to get them soaked and wear them all day until they're basically dry, but because hiking boots are like 90% foam, it'd probably take ages for those to dry.

I guess just wear them, and read up online on exactly how liking boots should fit, because they're supposed to have only enough room for your feet to swell, but nowhere near enough room for them to feel sloppy on the feet...which those sort of do look sloppily fit.
>>
>>34922401
>get them soaked and wear them all day until they're basically dry

I know that was the old school way, but I think that's mostly for boots with a lot of leather in their construction.
I guess I'm just trying to get a feel for how long it should take to break them in... 4hours, 8 hours?? 48 of continuous wear?
Then I'll try them on an actual hike and see how my feet feel at the end of it. Seems like too much trial and error for my slightly OCD self.
>>
>>34922547
I'd say just wear them for a week for like 4 or so hours a day, go for walks in them and whatnot.
>>
>>34922547
Go on walks, squat down a lot, keep lacing them tighter and backing off.
>>
If they're mostly synthetic it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. First couple days wear em for an hour or two doing house stuff, then a couple days wearing them while running errands, and then take em for a nice walk around where you live. Should be good to go after that.
>>
>>34921886
Don't cheap out on boots; there's a good chance you'll end up regretting that purchase.
>>
>>34921965
you cant thread your own post!
>>34921916
>>34921965
>>34922194
/thread
>>
File: minimg34.jpg (161KB, 985x600px) Image search: [Google]
minimg34.jpg
161KB, 985x600px
>>34921886
You piss in them, of course.
Then leave them out in the midday sun to dry. pros call this 'baking in'. If this does not help immediately or if you live in a country with rainy, snowy weather then you can mix some cum and about three eggs worth of egg white in the piss before treating your shoes with it. make sure to give the mixture a good stir. then put the soaked boots in the oven at 158°F or 70°C and leave them there for 4 hours.
>>
>>34924246
This, I knew a guy who did product testing for REI and swore by the first method. He tried the protein bake one week and the results weren't as great but still worked decently.
>>
>>34924246
Does the egg mixture go on the inside or the outside of the boots?
>>
Does anyone use any kind of orthotics or gel insoles in their boots?
>>
>>34921886
Take a shower in them, or that's what some dumb Marine told me to do. I never did that, just got some comfy inserts and wore the boots daily through field medical training. By the end after what probably amounted to 75-100 miles of hiking they were comfy as shit the rest of my enlistment. They're still going strong almost 5 years later and I have barely even worn the waterproof ones. I only wear them to mow the yard now though.
>>
>>34921886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-ZNU76UDE
>>
>>34926574
I have some superfeet insoles that work great for me, noticed a huge improvement on foot comfort for long hikes (10-20miles)
>>
File: minibrowning.jpg (258KB, 1103x578px) Image search: [Google]
minibrowning.jpg
258KB, 1103x578px
>>34925155
everywhere. And drink some of it for good measure.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.