[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Narrowly avoided glocknade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1501440263321.png (350KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
1501440263321.png
350KB, 641x481px
Except in this case I don't think the glock had anything to do with it. So yesterday I was at the range shooting reloads from Bite the Bullet, which I have never had any issues with (never had a single FTF/FTE/jam/mishap of any sort with my glocks actually after tens of thousands of rounds). I was shooting my 43 and had a FTF, with the unspent round (striker had hit primer) jammed super hard into the chamber. I can't rack the slide back so I take it down and am able to get the barrel out and pull the round out with the might of Thor using a shell casing. I Barney it back into the chamber and it fires and ejects perfectly (although that probably wasn't such a good idea). Later on the exact same thing happens, only this time the round is jammed against the firing pin housing and I can't get the barrel out. The RSO is able to jimmy the extractor with a screwdriver enough to drop the barrel out, but this time the round is jammed in there so hard they have to take it and yank it out with pliers or whatever.

What could have caused this? Like I said those were the only 2 failures I've EVER had with my glocks. I got the usual lecturing from the RO about shooting reloads and got told I was lucky the gun didn't blow up, which I'm sure I'm about to get again, but I have been using them for a long time and never had an issue. The casings in question here had no visible damage or anything. They had been sitting loose in a closed ammo box in my closet for quite awhile and I live in a very dry and high altitude place, could that or the storage have factored in?
>>
Just a guess but
It sounds like the bullet wasn't seated in the chamber properly and was sticking out to much and getting stuck in the barrel
Or
The brass is fucked up and too wide

OP do you have any rounds left to compare to?
>>
>>34921717
Yeah I have plenty and I went through them, and just like the 2 here in question I didn't notice any obvious deformities
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.