[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semi-auto PCC's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: vz61 skorpion.jpg (181KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
vz61 skorpion.jpg
181KB, 900x600px
Is there any point to owning semi-auto pistol calibre carbines? I really want a vz61, but the thought of being restricted to semi-auto seems lame when the whole selling point is a low-recoil spray.
>>
>>34921036
>the whole selling point is a low-recoil spray.
No. That is not "the whole point" of a PDW. Look at the M1 carbine for a proto-typical pistol caliber carbine. There was a full auto version, but plenty of semi-auto rifles were distributed to different soldiers. The point was to have a lightweight rifle that could be given to people who weren't expected to see major combat but who wanted slightly more firepower than a pistol - in terms of caliber and capacity - in a package that was a lot easier to use - aiming and stability at long ranges - than a pistol.

Having a buttstock, a long sight radius, and standard magazines of 20-50 rounds makes even a semi-auto PCC very much worth owning. They also happen to tend to be easier to suppress than rifle calibers, which makes them great for home defense.
>>
>>34921596
>which makes them great for home defense
But muh SBR'd AR15 and muh 300 blackout.

Is there any way PCCs can become prevalent again for civilian use with the AR15 in position it's in?
>>
They're fun. Stop LARPing and enjoy yourself. If you enjoy LARPing, it's time to consider KYSing yourself.
>>
>>34921666
300 blackout is fine. 9mm ARs are a thing.
>>
>>34921666
Sure, if companies would stop piddling the fuck around and make one for $399. The MechTech uppers are great, if they'd just release one with their own lower for cheap it'd be perfect.
>>
>>34921666
>Is there any way PCCs can become prevalent again for civilian use with the AR15 in position it's in?

OVERPENETRATION. When you light up that crook at the end of your hallway, you don't want the rounds punching through him, three interior walls, an exterior wall, and your neighbor's exterior wall before wasting granny watching the Knife Sale Channel at 2AM.
>>
>>34921707
>wasting granny watching the Knife Sale Channel at 2AM

Good, she was leeching off Social Security anyway.
>>
>>34921707
>you don't want the rounds punching through him, three interior walls, an exterior wall, and your neighbor's exterior wall before wasting granny watching the Knife Sale Channel at 2AM
>you don't want

Speak for yourself I'm going to get that double kill.
>>
9mm out of a rifle is an excellent choice for home defense

>not very loud

>minimum muzzle flash

>low recoil
>>
>>34921770
collateral ftw
>>
>>34921036
Low recoil rifle that feeds cheap centerfire ammo.
>>
>>34921666
As soon as RIA releases a semi auto rifle in .22TCM, a PCC will be relevant.
>>
>>34922139
Lolno.
>frequently not immediately incapacitating even with good CNS hits (Giffords et al)
>bigger overpenetration risk than 5.56 55gr Vmax
>124gr standard pressure 9mm has more felt recoil than .204 Ruger 32gr loads while producing literally 1/60th the muzzle energy
>>
>>34921036
If you want one for fun, buy one.
>>
File: 20170223_1656411.jpg (733KB, 1006x1853px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_1656411.jpg
733KB, 1006x1853px
>>34921036
meh
I have a ton they are fun
>>
>>34922216
Yeah care to point out a handy semi auto carbine in your meme cartridges?
>>
>>34922378
are you the 870 MCS anon?
>>
>>34922216
>204 ruger indoors
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>34922674
yeah thats me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.