[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP! moving to another state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I am moving from Texas to Arizona. Problem is I will be traveling via interstate and through New Mexico. How do I transport my safe,ammo, rifles safely and what do I say to the police checkpoints?
pic not related
>>
>>34918442
>How do I transport my safe,ammo, rifles safely
Is this a serious question? How do you transport your guns and ammo to the range?

>what do I say to the police checkpoints?
The truth, although I doubt you'll run into any checkpoints. Those are pretty much all about catching drunk drivers.
>>
>>34919082
I carry them loaded and in the passenger seat. Duh.
>>
>>34918442
There's a Federal Law that allows you to transport weapons across all 50 states including Indian reservations. I don't know what it's called I'm not a nerd.

Just have them unloaded and in the trunk/trailer.

I had a prick stop me at the New Mexico border. Asked me if I was a citizen. So I said, "yeah" then he said "what country?".

Umm "America". I'm white as fuck, I don't know why they told me to go to checkpoint B. They searched my car. I had a flake jacket and several empty government magazines. I told the Mexican cop who was searching my white American ass I was stationed at camp Pendleton. He let me go.

Long story short you're gonna get hassled, but if you're legal, you're ok. Fucking unAmerican, those stupid fucking checkpoints.
>>
>>34919148
thank you. My worry was New Mexico. Fuck that state.
>>
>>34919148
>camp Pendleton
You might've been far enough South that you ran into border patrol, which attracts the worst people.

>>34919098
In cases?
>>
>>34919174
sarcasm isn't translated well in text.
>>
File: 1502879225379.jpg (2MB, 3112x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1502879225379.jpg
2MB, 3112x2338px
>>34918442
>>34919148

Peaceable Journey Law
>>
>>34918442
So long as they are locked up in a place you can't easily access and they are unloaded, you should be fine, just tell them the truth (that you are moving).
>>
>>34919180
The "duh" made it clear Anon, all I'm getting at is that if you don't have a separate compartment then your guns need to be in something. Technically something locking but I assume you don't want to move the guns in the safe.
>>
>>34918442
Just put them on your trunk like a normal person, New Mexico is a freedom state.

Just be careful parking over night in Albuquerque
>>
File: Capture.jpg (63KB, 1771x437px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
63KB, 1771x437px
>>34918442
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.