[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EarPro thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: impact.jpg (146KB, 1183x1500px) Image search: [Google]
impact.jpg
146KB, 1183x1500px
whats the normal battery life for these? i know a bunch of you guys own them. bought mine 3 months ago and they worked great at the range. went to the range today and they didnt work at all. the batteries were dead. at the range i figured oh i fucked up and left em on for 3 months of course theyed be dead. get home replace the batteries and they seem to work fine now. the thing is i finally read the manual. it says it has a 4hour auto shut off. the batteries shouldn't have been dead if they werent being used.
how long do the batteries last for you guys?
>>
>>34917303
Switch them off completely and switch them back on to override the auto-shutoff. Battery life should be tens of hours of use at full power.
>>
I've owned a pair for 2.5 years, haven't had to change out the batteries and I go shooting every 2 weeks. Weird because they do auto shutoff.
>>
I've had the original batteries in mine for about 2 years now and they still work great.
>>
maybe i got unlucky and the included batteries were just crap if you guys are getting 2 years.
>>
>>34917303
I bought those and really don't like it because however I put them, when I turn my head to look on one side, there's a gap that allows external sound to enter.

How do I fix this?

Is it the same with the higher priced brands?
>>
>>34918003
gel cup addons fix that but sometimes heads are shaped differently so no guarrantees
>>
>>34918043
Where do you find gel cups for Impact Sports? I did not find any on Google
>>
>>34917303
Bump
>>
>>34918003
Wear them with plugs underneath. You're going to want to do that anyway just to protect your hearing. The NRR on those muffs is really low in the first place.
>>
>>34918003
same and I also can't find any gel cups for em
>>
I just bought my first pair of electronic ear protectors, MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X.
I'm really surprised at how well they work. Like, I can hear shit crystal clear. I'll be wearing them and hear people turning pages in their paper with perfect clarity, and can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. And they're so low-profile that they don't get in the way of the hood on my jacket or nothing!
While I'm certain people who have used electronic earpro will say "welcome after" or even laugh at me for not picking a better alternative, I just thought it was eye-opening after having dismissed electronic earpro as an expensive gimmick that did nothing regular ear pro couldn't.
>>
>>34918448
I can't wear earplugs due to an ear problem I have, is there any earplugs that don't require being pushed in all the way?
>>
I already have a the HL Impact and am looking to upgrade. However the thing I really like about the HLs is the low profile that doesn't feel like a boot strapped to your ears and less accidentally knocking it against the rifle stock.

If I could get better electronics in that small of a package I'd be happy. Anyone try the Peltor Tac100?
>>
>>34918091
http://www.ebay.com/itm/253077277894?_trkparms=pageci%3Adca45ffc-85a4-11e7-8f9a-74dbd1801d5e%7Cparentrq%3Affa965f615d0a86642addcbdfffe072d%7Ciid%3A1&_mwBanner=1&redirect=mobile
>>
>>34917303
I once left batteries in, came back a year later and saw that they had burst. Cleaned it with a q-tip of apple vinegar, put new batteries in and they worked like a charm. Switched to quality batteries and it hasn't been an issue since.
>>
>>34919163
>ebay
>>
>>34919139
I have a pair and its a pain to get a cheek weld sometimes but it clutches your head securely
>>
>>34918091
>>34918834
there's at least one available on amazon.
>>
>>34919825
On Amazon, I only find the basic ones.
Please provide a link.
>>
>>34919512
And?
>>
>>34919852
Not him, but I bought these a month ago...and now they're "unavailable". Hmm.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719D35HM
>>
>>34920568
EBay is shit and unreliable for lots of things
>>
Is it normal for one side of these to fail? Mine broke after only a few hours of use. Pretty hesitant to try another set, even though the teal ones look pretty sweet.
>>
>>34921992
Peltor range guards are similarly priced and not shit.

Howard leight is trash
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.