[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apartment gun storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ninininini.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
ninininini.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
Hey /k/, do you live in an apartment?

I had a safe when I owned a house, but now I just don't have room for it.

This is my new solution, it can lock just as easily and slide under the bed/sofa.

What do you use?
>>
Valuable guns are hidden in my closet inside a case. Nightstand gun in the Nightstand and shotgun behind the bed frame.

I'd get a safe, but spaces are already pretty much used.
>>
>>34917037
I heard foam isnt good with moisture desu
>>
>>34917076
This, your funs will start showing surface rust without due diligence.
>>
>>34917076
If I'm locking them in there for a long time I usually throw in a couple of the big packets of silica gel to counteract the moisture. And I of course always put a thin layer of oil over all exposed metal before storing them.
>>
>>34917037
I just stack them in the corner of my closet. I own 9 rifles.
>>
>>34917150
this
>>
I used to keep them by the bed, when I got more I'd put the ones that fit in the fridge. After I moved to a bigger apt I hid them around.
>>
Metal gun cabinet dunhams like 80 bucks black friday
>>
>>34917175
> in the fridge
Really? Did this not cause condensation issues when you took them out?
>>
>>34917150

reason I dont care for a safe, is because I had a buddy with a legit high end safe he had bolted into the concrete of his house and wall, and the thieves took a cutting torch to the corner and pulled the guns out. I figure, if someones gonna steal your gun, they are gonna steal your gun. Thats why I have copies of my receipts and have homeowners insurance that covers my guns.
>>
>>34917242
Safes aren't for burglars you dummy, they're here to store guns away from:
-humidity
-angry wife
-retarded children
>>
>>34917037
you bothered to buy and install a safe for 3 rifles with combined value less than $1,000?
>>
>>34917242
if they came that prepared they werent typical random smash and grab. they targeted your buddy for the guns so they had inside information or noticed your buddy transporting them
>>
File: 0384.gif (2MB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
0384.gif
2MB, 500x273px
>>34917441
Luckily silica gel has taken care of all three of those for me.
>>
>>34917489
>why the FUCK haven't you done the Goddamn dishes?
>dale gribbles some silica gel into her face
>>
>>34917076
Then how should you store them? serious question
>>
>>34917482
Ya the cops found out it was the delivery people for the safe. Buddy ended up losing 27 guns. It was a large safe
>>
>>34917037
Eh, just have them in cases in the closet.
>>
>>34917466
No; I have quite a few more, including a 7.62x54r vepr and Scorpion Evo 3 that I had in the safe but am currently storing in separate cases.
>>
>>34917523
This is why I don't tell people I have guns tbqh.
>>
>>34917037
Just buy one of the el cheapo security cabinets from Stack-On .
>>
>>34917076
>>34917122
>>34917517

Buy closed cell foam for the case and moisture will on longer be a problem.
Of course if you put silica in there it's fine as well.
>>
>>34917523
>Not having a trusted family member that moves safes.
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>34917242
>>34917523
Your friend's burglary wasn't a regular burglary. Safes are good for keeping out most break ins, which are grab and go quick thefts.
>>
>>34917037
A shitty metal locker or cheap "safe" will keep most thieves out. It blows my mind people will have hundreds or thousands of dollars in guns, but won't spend at least $200 for a lockable metal cabinet.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.