[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Operate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: alpha-group.jpg (46KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
alpha-group.jpg
46KB, 600x403px
How does one receive operator training without being in the military?
>>
>>34910889
pay for it.
>>
>>34910901
This.

A bunch of classes. You could hire a vet like me to train you. You'd still be a scared boot and fuck up a lot. It's trial by fire.
>>
>>34910901
yes but where? what should I search?
>>
>>34910935
google.
>>
you oper8r yet?
>>
lots of counter strike
>>
>>34910889
If not willing and able to join military you aren't fit to operate anyway.

Play Airsoft instead. LOTS of Airsoft.
>>
You cant. No amount of paying to plink with Travis Haley will be comparable to the real thing, since commercial trainers aren't going to push you to the same extent nor they they expect as much of you; primarily because waking up their source of income at 6 to go for a run through snow may alienate and jeopardize that source of income..
>>
>>34910889
Well not exactly the same in any way but the cloest thing I can think of is law enforcement. Even then you'll have to do maybe 5 years before doing a SWAT type role anyway if you make the assessment.
>>
>>34912660
>If not willing and able to join military you aren't fit to operate anyway.

The Military didn't want me at my age (32). Not joking. I still would like some training so that I could be of use if shit hits the fan (riots are just the beginning).
>>
>>34912802
Attend basic pistol and rifle classes. then attend advanced classes. shoot routinely and do timed drills. shoot with a friend moving in a team. have food storage, learn first aid, learn hiking. learn babbies 1st osint for maps, graymanning, facebook, etc. make friends with your community and know what the different social circles are. have a bug out and bugin plan.

know how to change a tire. have a spare tire and jack. have a ccw and carry it in a proper iwb holster. know the ranger handbook battle drills.

have a job that pays well and be trained/educated/rich enough that you can afford to get fired in an emergency and work somewhere else.

i could go on indefinitely. combat is a team sport. you really need friends and money if you want to be worth something.
>>
>>34912868
>have food storage, learn first aid, learn hiking. learn babbies 1st osint for maps, graymanning, facebook, etc. make friends with your community and know what the different social circles are. have a bug out and bugin plan.

I already have that part covered. I've been a survivalist for almost 4 years now (I know). I've taken medical classes to deal with more advanced injuries, and I'm spending weekends outside camping.

I'll check out the rest of your tips. Thanks!
>>
>>34910889
This isnt for operating, but my sniper friend recommended doing the following to learn the basics for his job.

Long range precision rifle training at thunder ranch, storm mountain, and rifles only

Tracking and evasion skills from search and rescue courses

Land nav and weather forecasting from weather institutes and trail guides

His recommendations are based off where he was sent for supplemental training.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.