[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PPQ M2 Navy owners, what is your opinion on this firearm? I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0605.jpg (79KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0605.jpg
79KB, 900x600px
PPQ M2 Navy owners, what is your opinion on this firearm? I am looking to buy another gun and usually carry a glock gen 4.

With the walther $100 rebate going on it seems like a steal right now
>>
>>34910871
Do it faggot, although I confess I would prefer a p99
>>
>>34910921
I'm also starting to debate whether to go for the navy or the M1 classic. I can't decide
>>
>>34910953
might get lucky and find m1 navy or first edition on an auction sight. or add a jarvis to a m1 if all you want is the TB, thats what i did.
>>
>>34911937
Finally had time to pull the trigger. After mail in rebate and ffl transfer fee the total cost is $428. Seems very cheap to me and I am very happy
>>
File: canned ppq.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
canned ppq.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
>>34912642
Congrats. fantastic little guns but he 9mm is still the best of the bunch.
>>
>>34910953
You ever tried a paddle mag release?
I have the devil's handedness so a paddle release is great, but I think I'd prefer it to a button release in general now that I've spent time with it.
>>
>>34910953
Can always get the M1 and buy the threaded barrel and an extended mag. Personally I'm not so sure I really like the mag release though (I have one) and the release on the M2 is really well placed.
>>
>>34912674
Any suppressor that you recommend in particular?
>>
>>34915456
For pistols, either SC osprey or octane. The hybrid nice but its pretty big and heavy, its really only on there for the picture, I dont use it for pistols.

Osprey-

the good: better sight picture with normal sights since most of the volume falls under the barrel. lighter. two pieces so in the event you destroy your tube, the SN on the back part can be moved to a new tube.

the bad: you have to index it every time you change guns (no big deal) and you notice walk off almost immediately (super annoying). you need a tool to change pistons.

Octane-

The good: I think it looks better. more mounting option like a 3 lug. full auto rated (not that that matters lol). you dont need a tool to change out the pistons (although i still use one)

the bad: worse sight picture, heavier, if you fuck up the tube, its done.

On user serviceability- A lot of people want a can that they can take apart, like the octane. If we were talking about something like the outback II vs outback IID where you had to send in the outback II every so often I would agree. But, with something like the osprey, where there is so much volume it's pretty nice never having to have to clean the thing. You can make up your own mind on sealed vs serviceable. If had to pick one, it would be the osprey.

No matter what you do I would say do two things. Get a 45 can so you can shoot down to 9mm and when it comes time to get your second can stick with the same company if you can so you dont have to buy new pistons all over again.
>>
>>34915646
Thanks for the Info. The osprey sounds like what I am looking for. I just checked out prices and I never thought they would be so costly.

I'm still interested in getting one but will probably hold off for a while
>>
Can't wait to pull the trigger and buy the M2 5" barrel with the ported slide. Any other /k/ommandos have it?
>>
im glad you guys are parroting MUH TRIGGER PULL
>>
>>34915780
Yup, plus 200 tax. Plus you usually have to get a threaded barrel.
>>
>>34910871
Is that on any new walther? I want to get a PPQ M1.
>>
>>34916670
No, just any PPQ or PPS
>>
>>34915807
Yeah I honestly think the VP9 has a better trigger pull even though it's a tad heavier.
>>
>>34910921
i have a gen1 p99. some HP ammo wont fit in it and the striker snapped in half
>>
>>34910871
> $100 rebate

there's a reason w has to offer rebate and it is because NOBODY IS BUYING THEIR GUNS

ask yourself why ?
>>
>>34921231
Along with Remington, hk, savage, ruger, dpms, s&w, browing and im sure theres more. its almost like everyone called the election wrong and were banking on panic buys and you're talking out of you ass.
>>
>>34921303

?

post some links to backup your claims about all those rebates

ex: ruger - no rebates i just checked
>>
>>34921231
Because outside of German police/P99 and James Bond/PPK, nobody aside from the Taiwan federal police has heard of their damn guns. I love both my PPQ and PPS, but God damn Walther needs to get a consulting agency like Savage did and take a look at their marketing.
>>
>>34910871
Got rid of mine,
Recoil was too snappy for my taste and the safety on the trigger would make my finger sore.
I just wasn't fun as a range gun.
Gun was 100% reliable and a great shooter tho.
YMMV.
I got a CZ shadow 2 instead.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.