[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ Just a reminder that you need to rotate out your carry ammo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170819_101532.jpg (245KB, 856x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170819_101532.jpg
245KB, 856x642px
Hey /k/

Just a reminder that you need to rotate out your carry ammo.
>>
PRO-TIP: use a sharpie to make a line inbetween the body and rim to mark how many times you chambered the round

I let the same round get chambered 4 times before chucking it off into my practice ammo stash.
>>
>dry practice almost every day
>mark the round in the chamber with a sharpie every time I unload the firearm
>once a round has 5 marks, it goes in with the range ammo
>load new round on the very bottom of the magazine

That's my system. Allows me to constantly rotate my carry ammo and inspect my magazine's function every week or so when I unload it
>>
>>34910358

I own two of most of my carry guns. One for carry and one for the range. Swap the ammo in my carry gun two or three times a year if I carry it often.
>>
>>34910358
If i do summersaults does that count?
>>
>>34910358
>shooting so seldom your carry ammo looks like that
Must be a police.
>>
>>34910358
was expecting some retardation or memes
but this is actually good advice
>>
>>34910560
>>>34910358 (OP)
>>shooting so seldom your carry ammo looks like that
>Must be a police.
Nope, just a poorfag that doesn't waste money by shooting 300+ rounds of HP carry ammo
>>
Huh, I like the advice I'm seeing here. I've carried the same round in the chamber for over a year now. I can always tell which one is the carry round because it's turned brown while the lower you go down the magazine, the more brassy the rounds look. I've probably chambered that round 60 times. I'm gonna swap it out now.

Last time I tested my carry ammo, I fired off all the rounds I'd been carrying, and the 'worn in' rounds fired just fine. But I can see why you'd want to cycle them out after a while. I guess it's time to make a new order and get more defensive rounds to load up.
>>
>>34910358
You don't need to rotate your carry ammo if you carry a revolver though
>>
People rotate ammo? LOL

I just fired off some 1944 dated .45 ball this morning. That shit had corrosion on it too. Suck my dick bitches
>>
>>34910358
>>34910413

The 10mm I shoot is really well crimped and my gun chambers smoothly, I can chamber the same round ~10 times without discernible setback.
>>
>>34912595
What gun and what rounds?
>>
>>34912595

Hornady 180gr XTP out of a 10mm 5" 1911.

Gun was a gift, I had a smith who specializes in 1911's do a full workover of it because >lolkimber

On inspection, the rounds don't actually seem to have a very pronounced crimp at all, but I've definitely chambered the top two rounds in a given magazine 8-10 times each without noticeable setback when comparing to unchambers rounds from the same box.

I just carry it innawoods / innadesert / onnadirtbike and shoot it at the range.
>>
>>34912595
do you CC 10mm? What gun? Once I am proficient in handling pistols I might consider doing this.
>>
File: IMG_4513.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4513.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34912715
Not him but I CC a Glock 29.
>>
>>34910525
dumbest shit ive read in a long time
>>
>>34912715

I CC it occasionally, when wearing jackets or out in the woods / desert like I mentioned in my previous post. Sometimes I'll carry it on a quick grocery run or something too because the holster is super easy to slip on.

My daily carry is a much, much smaller gun though for convenience and comfort.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.