[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I Make Someone Unafraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1494456787578.jpg (133KB, 736x934px) Image search: [Google]
1494456787578.jpg
133KB, 736x934px
So my wife used to shoot occasionally as a kid and even went hunting, but in her teenage years she went through a traumatic event where a friend tried to kill herself with a gun. Since then she's been scared of handling firearms. She still supports gun rights, and even when I would pull off my CCW when things were getting intimate she wouldn't bat an eye. But the one time I tried to take her shooting she started crying the first time I pulled the trigger. She wants to learn to shoot, but is having trouble overcoming the event. What should I do?
>>
>>34908274
Find a sane mate.
>>
>>34908592
Very helpful.
>>
>>34908274
Tell her that it was not the gun's fault but her friend and if she thinks she's responsible in any way then why does her hands still shake when she never pulled the trigger?
>>
Start her off with BB guns, then move up to .22.
>>
>>34908274
>>34908592
He's right you know. Just get another wife.
>>
Does she go to a therapist ?
>>
>>34908274
litter every inch of your house with loaded guns

or just stop being a dick and get her counseling
>>
>>34908274
It sounds like the sound of a gunshot is the intimidating thing, you could try alternatives, like suppressors, air rifles, or archery.
>>
>>34908274
Some people are just fucking weak. Last deployment I was on an ANA guy I was next to caught one in the head, brain matter all over my pants and shit. (His Kevlar kept it from spraying all over my iotv and shit, thank god.) I have no issues from it. When I was emt I responded to a couple gun suicides, one was a shotgun. No issues.

Long story short she may just never want to have anything to do with it. I'd try and get her started with an air rifle or subsonic .22's out of a rifle outside of a range. I can see how being thrust into a loud, noisy range could disorient and frighten someone who's never really been exposed to it before, with their only real experience involving a firearm being traumatic.

TL;DR; your wife is pretty wimpy and you should get her started in a quieter setting, backyard or something. Maybe go hiking and do it out in an open clearing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.