[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Melee weapons thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: sog_mc02-n_4.png (67KB, 1330x546px) Image search: [Google]
sog_mc02-n_4.png
67KB, 1330x546px
Are melee weapons for defense a meme, /k/? At work they wouldn't let me carry a knife, but I was allowed to carry a machete. Got pretty used to swinging it around, and I feel like it would do well in a close quarters situation. If not a machete, what's the ideal melee home defense weapon?
>>
File: Estwing.jpg (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Estwing.jpg
6KB, 400x400px
>>
>>34907802
I don't want to sound like a fudd but wouldn't a bladed weapon screw you over in court or something?
>>
If you have nothing else, they'll work when they're right next to you.

Otherwise, just take a shotgun.
>>
>>34908153
Short answer is you sound like a fudd

long answer is that if it meets the definition of legal self defense "yeah but why did he have a machete in his room HMMMMMMMMMM" is a shitty fucking argument for a prosecutor and the wet dream of a defense attorney. They are both businessmen and if a prosecutor's office is full of such faggots that they would ignore things like castle doctrine and press charges then just take your zimzam award and go.
>>
>>34908153
Not really, as long as your actions are justified the weapon doesn't matter much

>>34907802
I would rather go with something that can stab well or a bat but a machete will cause damage and probably make someone want to keep their distance

The real problem with melee weapons for defense is that the person with the biggest stick is usually the one to win
>>
File: Trench Mace Finished.jpg (420KB, 554x984px) Image search: [Google]
Trench Mace Finished.jpg
420KB, 554x984px
>>34907802
Just go full trench raid in the confines of your hallways.
>>
>>34907802
If you absolutely cannot have a gun, it's a pretty good thing to have.

The ideal indoor weapon would be more something like a gladius or cutlass. Machetes don't stab that well.

>>34908221
>>34908772
Problem with blunt weapons is they are more dependent on your own strength and initiative. Someone could grab your club if you fail to swing it properly and you're disarmed. Doesn't work with a blade.
>>
Self defense knives are meme. Something longer reach with stabbing potential is better but at that point it stops being a thing you can carry every day.
Get a telescopic baton desu
>>
File: Tactical Gladius.jpg (395KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Gladius.jpg
395KB, 650x650px
>>34907802

Ideally in close quarters you want a stabbing weapon as you're not going to have the room to maneuver or swing. So something like a gladius, short spear, or sword bayonet.
>>
File: weaponless 1.jpg (45KB, 640x567px) Image search: [Google]
weaponless 1.jpg
45KB, 640x567px
>>34908844
>Someone could grab your club if you fail to swing it properly and you're disarmed
The same applies to the blade.

>Doesn't work with a blade.
It absolutely works for a blade.
>>
File: Potatomasher.jpg (54KB, 735x600px) Image search: [Google]
Potatomasher.jpg
54KB, 735x600px
>>34908856
>Get a telescopic baton

ASP for all!

Or a potato masher for shits & giggles.
Can't win in melee? Mutually assured destruction.
>>
>>34909131
Worth nothing that the guy in your pic is wearing plate
>>
>>34909131
I don't quite see what's supposed to be happening here, but even if it is sometimes possible to grab a blade, you have to fuck up WAY harder (and in turn, your opponent has to be way more skilled and brave) to have it happen to you.
>>
File: 668750_orig.jpg (203KB, 1100x775px) Image search: [Google]
668750_orig.jpg
203KB, 1100x775px
>>34909216
That's everyday clothes. If nothing else, look at the joints. As for grabbing a sharp blade, here's a video showing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKZorhBLH4

Now trying to grab your opponents blade is a rather dangerous thing to do, since it puts your hand out in harms way, and if you don't manage to grip it well enough to prevent it from sliding in your hand then it'll cut your hand to pieces. But if your opponent isn't paying attention properly (and his attention can easily end up elsewhere, such as on your sword) then it can be a very viable technique.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.