[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boot camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 18

Ship out Monday for boot camp at MCRD San Diego. Advice?
>>
Yeah, join the Air Force.

Bitch ass nigga
>>
>>34906764
Blue crayons are the best, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>34906775
Air Force was first choice but I figured if I were to join the military I might as well go all in
>>
Volunteer for everything. When a sargent dude gives you a nickname, that means he likes you! Be sure to make a nickname up for him too, out of common courtesy. The raunchy/racier the better!

Do all these things and you might get a double promotion at the end of Boot Training!
>>
>>34906764
What contract?
>>
File: IMG_0143.png (283KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.png
283KB, 640x1136px
>>34906775
This, except don't be a pussy and join the Army. Marines like to LARP as the best of the best but the only places they can claim true preeminence is in braggadocio, PR budgeting, and glue/crayon eating contests.
>>
You will either be a jalpeno cheese or a chocolate peanut butter Marine

Choose very wisely
>>
>>34906797
>>
>>34906764
Do you know how to fold hospital corners?
Do you know how to field strip a M16?
Brush up on USMC history and Rank structure.
>>
>>34906764
stay away from ospreys
>>
>>34906807
lmao just realize that boot camp will be the easiest part of your next 4 years

Also, you're retarded for joining infantry in the current garrison USMC
>>
File: osprey-crash.jpg (73KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
osprey-crash.jpg
73KB, 720x540px
>>34906807
well at least you chose right

Just remember, the simpler the MRE sounds the better it'll taste. The chilis, pastas and rice are best. Wash em down with rip-its

>>34906818
This
>>
File: 1497809965478.jpg (237KB, 683x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497809965478.jpg
237KB, 683x626px
>>34906801
>Army
>tougher than the Marines
>>
>>34906817
Hospital corners: no
I've owned AR15's and they can't be that different right?
Been watching a lot of Marine corps documentaries to research history.
>>
>>34906824
Care to elaborate on that?
>>
>>34906764
goto /meg/
>>
>>34906834
Hospital corners are easy. It's a one minute video on youtube, practice them

The AR15 and M16 are more visually different than mechanically. If you can field strip your AR blindfolded you're good
>>
>>34906826
I remember reading an awful story about rip it's, a patrol and an incredible amount of diarrhea. Are rip it's really a good thing?
>>
>>34906834
Watch a YouTube video on it.
AR15 is the same, M16A4's are busted as fuck. You'll shoot with ACOG's.
Live from Chow to Chow, don't focus on time, only NOW.
>>
>>34906849
the marine """corps""" is actually an undermanned brgiade
all of it's money goes too the air squadrons
the battalions in afghanistan are just ignored anymore when something comes up
>>
>>34906849
Not him, but infantry sucks during peacetime. You'll do a ton of rear detachment bullshit like rake leaves and sweep.
>>
>>34906849
Which part?

Bootcamp is the only time that you won't be expected to really think, and you'll never be really held responsible for fucking up.
After boot you will be hazed and treated as a boot in SOI and your first couple years in the fleet. You will look back on bootcamp remembering how easy it was in comparison.

As for being in garrison, you will do the most retarded shit you can imagine when you're not training. The fuck-fuck games and dumb stuff passed down from your CoC will make you hate your life.

The best you can really hope for now is to go on a MEU, but you will end your four years realizing you've spent all that time training and wrecking your body to just shoot at paper.
>>
>>34906794
>might as well go all in
So you fell for the Marine propaganda, then? Be sure to post on /k/ after your first lava monster fight.
>>
>>34906886
I've dreamed of owning an acog so I'm excited to shoot with one. Sound advice on focusing on the NOW. I appreciate it
>>
>>34906826
DON'T LISTEN TO THIS ITS BULLSHIT.
>>
>>34906903
My cousin and all his friends were Air Force which is what originally got me interested but all they talk about is how much it sucks, granted they were all SF on a silo in Montana.
>>
>>34906807
Get used to male nudity, it's not gay if your warm, don't snitch, don't do shady shit if your shit at lying or keeping your mouth shut, don't be a bitch and accept your hazing like a man, unless of course they're trying to get you to suck dick or shove something into an orifice then report it, if you decide to kill your self do it right and put the weapon on 3 round burst before you pull the trigger, higher ups will protect their equals but will often actively try to fuck over the men under them, higher ups will lie to you only truly respect the ones that will only withhold information from you when something is up that they can't tell you about, rumors are only as reliable as their source, make friends with shitbag supply guys even if you're straight-laced they can prove valuable to you if they like you, don't suck higher up dick, if you're trying your hardest and constantly failing or seeing mediocre results then you're probably a try-hard and you need to relax and stop caring so much so you can think straight, hot sauce makes every thing taste better though not necessarily good, doing unto boots as you were done unto when you were a boot is fun.
>>
>>34906951
I wasn't the guy you were replying to for the record, but I also wouldn't have gone AF unless I was going to be a pilot because you're just a second class citizen otherwise.

Army would be a good choice for someone looking to get into military in general. Navy would be the same but for ships. The Marines are that but a cult, a cult that is undermanned and underfunded for its mission. Enjoy what is tantamount to surface level brainwashing with running a lot.
>>
>>34906974
This is probably one of the most real pieces of advice I've received, thank you sir
>>
>>34906903
He might be too young to understand the Lava Monster
>>
>>34906974
this appeals to some people? what the fuck. it sounds like russian conscription.
>>
>>34906993
I've seen the commercial, I'm actually going in pretty late (24)
>>
>>34906974
>>34906992
>tells the kid the best way to blow his brains out

>T-thank you sir!
>>
>>34906917
Ok, I'll tell you the sad truth.
Boot ACOG's are busted as fuck.
Ok here's a guide.
^ this is your 100M and 200M reticle.
The 200M Is the pussy.
I ,this is the 300/25M post we call it the dick.
Then you'll have your stadia lines, they are shoulder width and since you'll shoot at 500M so you'll aim at the groin.
TAKE YOUR TIME, RELAX, AND DON'T FUCK UP YOUR HANDS.
>>
>>34906974
Yep, this all the way.
I was the try hard motard.
>>
>>34907045
Most of what I've been told is not to try hard but just blend in, if your DI doesn't know your name by the end you're in good shape.
>>
>>34907007
I had some good times, and don't smoke no matter how much you want easy 15 minute breaks, that way when you're on a MEU you might be indoors so much you might catch cabin fever which could count towards getting medical disability when you get out, if you're feeling froggy at the end of your enlistment then I would suggest jumping off the roof of a single house and wrecking your ankle while you're on leave, that way you can get medical and call it a day. Don't make the same mistake I did, in not "accidentally" injuring your self when you get out. But seriously report every injury to doc so it gets recorded, the VA is there for a reason.
>>
>>34907056
Will I already be fucked for blending in though since I'm an E2 Eagle Scout?
>>
>>34907056
Better to be dirty than to be different.
>>
>>34907024
I appreciate this very much, thank you
>>
>>34907085
Yep, a well meaning retard is better than a skating bitch.
>>
File: mari (2).jpg (55KB, 491x551px) Image search: [Google]
mari (2).jpg
55KB, 491x551px
>>34906764
>Advice?

kys and save us taxpayers some money
>>
>>34906867
nigger who wants to read through all that shit
>>
>>34906833
the Army has tougher units, definitely. More of them too, the problem is the Army has some real shitters.
>>
>>34907079
don't tell anyone that you're an Eagle. Never mention, and never use any of the skills you learned until at least a year in the fleet.
>>
>>34907439
I never understood the hate for Eagles
>>
>>34907522
Less hate and more impossible expectations, and if you meet said expectations then you will be hated by your peers and/or shitbags for raising the bar. Make of that, what you will.
>>
>>34907522
You, are such a boyscout
>>
Boot camp is designed to break you so you're forced to rely on your comrades. There will be something you suck at, or that scares the shit or of you, or a point where you think you're just too wrecked to carry on. That's when you have to dig deep and pull yourself over the hump. Don't expect to be carried, but also don't be afraid to pull together as a team. When you're doing okay, watch for the guy who isn't and help him stay motivated.
>>
File: 1500473356974.gif (2MB, 320x196px) Image search: [Google]
1500473356974.gif
2MB, 320x196px
>>34906974
Unfortunely doing unto boots what was done too you now lands you straight to the court marshall, admin sep, and/or brig. Its getting to the point where even punishing boots for actual fuck-ups are getting turned down im not even talking about lance cooly dickhead just hazing the shit out of a guy. An example being one our motar boots left a fucking kevlar at the motar pos. on a range we were about to leave when we found out. Plt sgt goes ballistic of course and later brought up to higher how he wanted to punish said boot and was shutdown immediately. Just two fucking years ago if that had happen he would still be pushing, running, puking in the desert. God it feels so pathetic when all you have at your disposal to punish is firewatch.
>>
>>34907439
So act like I don't know how to tie knots or start a fire with my shoelaces?
>>
>>34907594
Thanks for this
>>
>>34907697
What the fucking fuck did you fucks do to my Marine Corps?
>>
>>34907697
Mad that your hazing days are over? This isn't a frat in the 80s, this is the 21st century United States military. You're supposed to be professionals. Professionals don't haze, they respect women, and they stop racism where it starts.
>>
You fucked up, only been in for two years so far but apparently it never gets better.
>>
File: 1502006835492.jpg (34KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
1502006835492.jpg
34KB, 441x248px
>>34907752
Nigga I dont know! I got on a boat and it was alright to make us push in front of the 1rst sgt. I got off the boat and motherfuckers were dropping like flys for hazing allegations. Listen to this shit guy did cocaine on a range got found out and was admin seped with general discharge. Guys get cuaght hazing court marshall, brig, admin seped with dishonorable and general other then honorable no fucking benefits for making a shitbag run and do burpies.
>>
File: a1f0a821cded1a9e33f605091f0766f8.jpg (185KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
a1f0a821cded1a9e33f605091f0766f8.jpg
185KB, 2048x1025px
>>34907759
There's a difference between discipline and hazing. There's also a difference between rough games and hazing. Actual hazing like blood pinning was already almost unheard of 20 years ago, but we still handed out punches for shit like pic related and safety/doorknob.
>>
>>34907823
>There's a difference between discipline and hazing.
Discipline is ordered, hazing comes from within. Are you one of those jackasses that agrees with Col. Jessup from AFGM even though that line of thought is totally in the wrong?
>>
>>34907759
I would tell you to fuckoff and go sit on a dick. But 1. I know its sarcastic. And 2. Ive heard shit like this before.
>>
>>34907814
>no fucking benefits for making a shitbag run and do burpies
That's too fucked up to be true. There has to be more to the story, like they made some shitbag run until he almost died of heatstroke or something like that. They were already cracking down on that kind of thing years ago, which is good IMO. People started to act like training deaths were normal because there were so few combat deaths that training accidents made up a large percentage of deaths. But if anyone dies or get a medical discharge during training, somebody fucked up. A genuine accident is one thing, but deliberately fucking up a junior Marine is inexcusable.
>>
>>34907856
>hurr durr I want muh good ol boys club back gawdamn pusshies ruined mah corps
>>
>>34907814
Drugs always fucked you over if you got caught doing them and I knew guys who were kicked out either because of them or were allowed to stay in just to be forced out with an other than honorable anyways, with the exception being one guy in my platoon who did coke on leave popped on a piss test and managed to get away with it because of a shit excuse and everyone either writing a statement that said "he's not a liar" or testifying in person and that guy was an exception to prove the rule, everyone else that I knew that got busted for it and got fucked hard. That coke head knew the risks and if he didn't then he deserved what he got.

t. guy who's first joint was in the marines
>>
>>34907873
Marines are disposable fodder anyway that should get them used to it
>>
>>34907873
Sorry I forgot the fact the kid had cut marks on his wrist and by cuts I mean scratches that he used to show the fact of how terrible his life was becuase of his senoirs. Also funny thing about heatstroke is that I almost died that way when my senoirs decided to do a super special pt made it all the way to the end and dropped unconciuos in the smokepit. Which is what really pisses me off is that I almost did die but I still took it like a man and had the loyalty to the marines above me to just keep quiet. And im not saying im some badass I mean im on 4chan for fucks sake.
>>
>>34906764
Don't be rackmates with the fuck up.

Don't eat the candy you can buy on holidays. You'll just puke it all up with water and getting smoked. The candy is a trick.
>>
>>34907878
I wasnt try to defend him. I was making a comparison that a guy who did drugs got easier then two guys who made a guy run and push.
>>
>>34907979
It reflects well on you that you kept it quiet. But it would reflect badly on anyone senior who knew about it and ignored it.
>>
dont rub your eyes youll get pink eye.

in 2nd phase my hands are very very dry and i kept getting splits at the end of my fingers.

Its the purrel soap or something. wash your hands but dont let them get to dry it sucks fucking with dirt, grime, clp when you got open wounds on the tips of your fingers.
>>
>>34908017
They didnt they rushed me the bas to get my ass on ice and to the hospital. They also waited to make sure i was going to be alright at the hospital.
>>
>>34908007
Oh, my bad.
>>
>>34908043
On the contrary hand sanitizer and or rubbing alcohol is great if you're starting to notice any sores, since they're usually bacterial it's likely to prevent any serious infection before it begins. Oh and dry clean socks>dry dirty socks>wet clean socks>wet dirty socks, and never underestimate the wonders a fresh pair of socks can do for you on a long hump.
>>
File: 1502103090614.jpg (59KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1502103090614.jpg
59KB, 512x512px
>>34908072 Thanks doc Ill make sure to remember to change my socks next time I have heatstroke.
>>
im canuck but honestly my best BMNQ advice i can give is two things

>CHILL THE FUCK OUT
and
>LEARN TO CLEAN

most of my basic was preparing for inspections and running around. anyone can run around, but it takes an ex-busboy or ex-bartender or whatever other service person to know the tricks and tips of cleaning shit quickly but effectively. folding, too, folding fast and crisp is easy but you have to learn it. but it only takes five minutes to learn. instead of mallninja meme gear, bring stuff like a sewing kit, some tape, lots of stationery, stuff like that. you cant depend on the government to provide you with the things you need to take notes and fix your clothes. theyll give you a gun, and maybe even bullets, but they will NEVER give you a marker to write your name on your guns and bullets.

also dont take any large electronics, youll never see them again. laptops will be "returned" but its not worth having. i only took my phone, and i got it back broken. they have payphones. just leave shit at home except maybe an mp3 player. and dont buy anything from the PX. If its anything like CanEx, it's all overpriced trash.

but on that note anything related to personal hygeine or personal care is NOT procure on site. bring your own razor, bring your own foam/gel/etc, bring your own soap, etc. I hear a lot of americans have some religious love of The Pee Ex; just bring your own damn shit. worst case, they make you throw it out. but bring it anyway. a good shave is soo good to have, as is smelling nice and having soft hair and such.

also, dont bring weapons or multitools, theyll take them away probably. youll get them back but whats the point of bringing it if you wont have it, nah mean?

and dont bring a hair clipper, they dont like that. you go for regular haircuts as a platoon. but later in your career, a clipper is invaluable. just not at basic

im drunk but ama i guess, its canuck lore but i cant imagine yankee basic is much different
>>
never admit that you know how to type
>>
>>34908089
Fug,

>>34908072
Meant for >>34908024
>>
I had a black cunt DI, chewed my ass nonstop then started grabbing my cock when nobody was looking. Making excuses for us to be alone all the time till she eventually dry fucked the shit out of me.
>>
>>34908072
this nigga is correct and if for whatever reason you are unwilling or unable to carry sanitizer or isopropyl alcohol, just at least get a can of baby powder and put it in both your shoes but also dust your feet with it in the mornings. it will keep you feet dry AND limit rubbing, which is a prime causer of blisters.

also wear two pairs of socks in boots. double socks also limits rubbing of your skin and the sock (since the sock would "rather" rub the other sock, cuz fizziqs) and will greatly reduce the number of blisters and other foot issues you get.

dry socks are ALWAYS better than wet. especially if you do winter basic. people have been known to cool down far enough to get legit hypothermia just by radiating out through sweaty socks and shitty boots. if your feet feel wet, change your socks.
>>
File: 8bit.png (9KB, 260x139px) Image search: [Google]
8bit.png
9KB, 260x139px
>>34908188
>>
File: 1493320119207.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1493320119207.png
334KB, 512x556px
Do older guys get hazed as much as younger guys? Like if you were to join in your young to mid 20s. Would they just give you shit from time to time and then stop because its kinda weird to haze a dude whose years older than you?
>>
>>34908245
>Would they just give you shit from time to time and then stop because its kinda weird to haze a dude whose years older than you?

Unless they can smell fear on you.
>>
File: 1501082807206.png (757KB, 831x832px) Image search: [Google]
1501082807206.png
757KB, 831x832px
>>34908245
In my experience, older guys drop out because their knees blow out or whatever.

Hazing isn't really a thing, at least where I'm from.
Hazing tests strength of character, but on the other hand, you'd probably be unwilling to serve with someone who raped you with a mop or made you eat dog vomit or whatever.

Or, god forbid (or god allow, if you're into that) the Paratroopers who made new recruits get knotted on camera and would boot them out if they weren't willing to torture random bosnians.
>>
>>34908189
Should I wear two pairs of socks on my ship day? Apparently we don't change or shower for a few days while we're being processed.
>>
>>34908410
>ship day
Huh?

In general, yes, they issue "Liner Socks" here, I don't doubt they do there. They're thinner socks meant to be worn with thick wool ones. Anyway, always wear two pairs with your combats. Always. Every time you wear boots ever wear two pairs. This isn't a meme, it's basic foot care
>>
>>34906807
You gonna like them crayons MREs
>>
>>34908410
also
>we don't change or shower for a few days while we're being processed.
probably bullshit. even then sneak in more socks. if anyone challenges you, say "I need socks or my feet will stink and blister up and die".

your instructors have undoubtedly been on ships, or on bases, and in operations either way, and will not stop you from not demolishing your feet and stanking up the platoon.

also honestly idk if its different in murrka but try to make friends with your DIs towards the end of the course. they're members just like you and might by your normal boss some day in some shack; but they also have hilarious stories and career knowledge to pass on. dont be buddy-buddy at fist but once they start dropping the facade, ask questions about different trades and stuff, just be curious. curiousity is good
>>
>>34908468
>>34906807
>0311
what is this shit for a salty leaf
marine infantry or some garbage like that?
>>
>>34908477
Marine infantry, specifically a basic rifleman, though marine contracts never promised a specific job just a general set of jobs, which means he either signed up for a contract where only infantry jobs were listed, was retarded and signed one where a random assortment of jobs were listed, or his recruiter lied to him and made him sign the "I'll let the Marine Corps decide for me" contract.
>>
File: laughing championships.jpg (38KB, 674x337px) Image search: [Google]
laughing championships.jpg
38KB, 674x337px
>>34908541
>Marine infantry, specifically a basic rifleman,
wew lad pic relat-

>which means he either signed up for a contract where only infantry jobs were listed, was retarded and signed one where a random assortment of jobs were listed, or his recruiter lied to him and made him sign the "I'll let the Marine Corps decide for me" contract.
JESUS CHRUST HAHAHAHAHhahahaHAhahahahahaHAHAHahaHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>34906764
Don't be a pussy and don't volunteer for anything
>>
File: dumbface.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
dumbface.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>34906903
>mfw they didn't tell us that our bullets just melt on contact with the Lava Monster
>>
>>34906764
HYDRATE
>>
>>34906764
>Advice
Don't show up
>>
>>34906826
The best MRE is the cheese tortellini.
>>
>>34906917
when you're not comletely in a shit situation into your late 20's and 30's, you should begin to get good money or at least good if you are smart with saving. ACOG isn't really that far off a reach at that point in life. Now when you gotta support a family, pay mortgage or car or whatever big money bill, and still be stuck in entry level job, then you got bigger things to worry about than getting an ACOG.
>>
>>34906807
There is no 0311 contract. Only an Infantry contract. 75% become 0311's, the other 25% weapons platoon.

t. I was an 0311
>>
File: 1503061562063.jpg (66KB, 557x854px) Image search: [Google]
1503061562063.jpg
66KB, 557x854px
>>34906764
Sweet bro I'm going on vacation there while your getting yelled at I'll be feeding animals at their famous zoo, eating at fine restaurants and drink fingering my girlfriend in no particular order.
>>
>>34908541
>>34908584
See
>>34909371

Bunch of basic bitch retards. This is why you have to take /k/ with a grain of salt. People who don't know what they are talking about freely give wrong advise.
>>
>>34909375
>Bragging about "fingering" your gf

Well OP is joining the military so he's probably 18. You're 13, check back in 5 years and update us.
>>
>>34908541
I made sure not to go for an open contract
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 197x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 197x144px
>>34906795
>>
>>34906817
You don't need to brush up on shit. What is expected will be demonstrated thoroughly.
>>
>>34909390
If I was 13 and able to finger my girl friend I would be doing better then 99% of 4 chinz that are twice as old.
>>
>>34909479
Maybe 2007 4chan. It's just a bunch of normals now.
>>
>>34909488
>>r9k
>>
>>34909507
Learn to link >>>/newfag/
>>
>>34909514
I clicked link doesn't work
>>
>>34907439
>>34907079
Don't mention it to fellow boots or DIs, but tell you're recruiter at least. You'll automatically get pfc at the end of boot
>>
>>34908123
In marine corps boot camp you take nothing with you. They will tell you which items to purchase from the px. Then they will line you up and march you into the px, make you take the item, and then make you pay for it. They will insure you have everything you need. Don't worry, they're there for you.
>>
>>34906764
Keep your mouth shut unless directly spoken to. Keep your head down and out of trouble. Lock your shit up.

You will develope a little voice in your head that says hey you should do this, or double check that. That little voice is almost always right and listening to it will save you a lot of yelling and sweat. Don't confuse it with the voice that tells you to punch your sergeant.
>>
>>34908473
>when they start to drop the facade
That only happened on the crucible for me, and the facade wasn't dropped, the DI just told us a little bit more about his background.
Then do start to treat you like humans, or rather, Marines, after your eagle globe and anchor ceremony. All the DIs came and sat down with the platoons for the warriors breakfast.
>>
File: IMG_0680.png (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0680.png
41KB, 500x371px
>>34909623
>that little voice is almost always right
this is true, somehow. learn to trust your instincts.
>>
>>34909665
>After EGA

I joined in October of 2007. My drill platoon was the second company ever to do Marine week. They used to give your EGA at the end. We were the guinea pigs for it.

I just remember the one time I was standing outside a chow hall at MCRD after my EGA. A Drill Instructor walked by and I said "Good Afternoon Sgt". He was a DI that still had 1st or 2nd phasers, and he blew his shit. As you know as a recruit you call them Sir, so he knifehanded my ass and asked me what my major malfunction was, all that.

I had to do a "B-but Sgt, I'm a Marine, I earned my Eagle Globe & Anchor". Then he realized, and then he just kinda relaxed and we talked a bit.

My DI's also sat down with us for warriors breakfast, but none of our sister companies DI's did. We always thought that was cool. Maybe they started that tradition.
>>
Get a different contract for something that lets you do killy military shit but isn't going to make you age in devildog years.
I don't fuckin know what, but save ya joints nigga.
>>
>>34906991
This.
Army if you want the 'normal' Military experience.
>>
>>34906764
>MCRD San Diego
Hollywood Marines
>>
>>34910734
Better than a swamp marine.
>>
>>34906764
Here's some things to be ready for, depending on how hardcore your Company might be:
>Hygeine-by-the-numbers
You will be counted down and all shave your face, or wash your body exactly as you're told to. Expect possibly two or three to a showerhead, hopping in and out to get clean. You probably will be too tired to be embarassed.
>The quickest way out is to Graduate
Don't malinger (go to medical a bunch) or let injury get you pushed back in training. Whether you've got guys who get psychological issues, etc., the easiest way out is to keep on moving until you graduate.
>Bootcamp is the easiest thing you'll do in the MC
Go where you're told to, when you're told to, and do every little thing as you're told to. Keep moving, try to blend in (keep your head down) and maybe you'll be lucky enough not to get noticed.
>The anti-Hazing policies typically don't apply to Bootcamp

Above all:
>You'll be subhuman for 12 weeks
>At the end of the 12th week or so, earning the title of Marine, if you make it, will be a defining moment in your life -
so afterward don't fuck it up. There's always a few that expose themselves to dope, etc. only to get canned as soon as they get back from their 10-day boot-leave
>After you graduate, and get to MOS school try to avoid the females, if you're in an integrated MOS
>>
>>34907079
>>34909581
This, and thoughout boot you should be recieving PFC pay IIRC even though you won't get pinned until after the Crucible/Reaper. Also, contract E-2's, if they wind up Company Guide (basically, the best Guide of all platoons) can leave bootcamp as an E-3 if you're hardcore enough.
>>
anyone experience allergy dq but still get in? my marine recruiter was about to send me to meps but stopped me when he learned about my nut allergies. now im goin to dodmerb, but my prospects arent high
>>
>>34910928
Knew guys when I joined during the Surge who had allegies. They had this insane magic trick: they didn't eat food they we're allergic to.
>>
>>34910955
good point. i have to get in first, tho
>>
>>34907823

So pic related is a Worldwide thing...Hmm...Really made me think.

Where did it come from? From Russia to France and apparently the USA, am I missing something? Why does making a circle with your fingers awards punches to anyone who watches it?
>>
>>34906991
>I also wouldn't have gone AF unless I was going to be a pilot because you're just a second class citizen otherwise.
Holy shit, you don't know a goddamn thing. I wish I had joined the air force.
>>
What I'm getting from this thread is that being a Marine is all fitness, you will be treated like shit, and the image is pure Hollywood but the upside is that civilians will fawn over you more than they would an Army soldier or a Navy sailor for no discernable reason other than the Hollywood image.

Am I correct?
>>
>>34909139
That's why you need an officer, they have the necessary swords
>>
>>34911074
No. You're a dumb civilian. Branch doesn't = MOS.
>>
>>34908541
You can get exact mos specified for USMC if it's for the reserves
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.