[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post apocalyptic /k/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0669.jpg (552KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
552KB, 1920x1440px
Is there any /k/ approve post apocalyptic /k/ino? In terms of books, movies and games?
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Road,_The

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Mad_Max:_Fury_Road

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Extinction
>>
>>34906133
Fallout New Vegas is mentioned all the time and is also one of the best games of all time.
>>
>>34906148
Fallout 3 is underrated at this point. It's new vegas that runs and looks better
>>
>>34906913
Compared to each other New Vegas always feels too alive to be called post apocalyptic
>>
>>34906133
Not necessarily /k/, but a good read is A Canticle for Liebowitz. One of my favorite books, and it's what the Brotherhood of Steel were partially based on too.
>>
>>34906939
>New Vegas always feels too alive to be called post apocalyptic
That problem worse in fallout 4. Than again fallout 4 tried to be cyberpunk at the same time as post apocalyptic.
>>
>>34907016
Fallout 4 is supposed to be more alive, the whole subplot is resettlement and forming a community against the aggressors of the wasteland. I play with quite a few foliage mods though, the wastelands kinda pretty in the spring
>>
>>34906148
>>34906939
Fallout isn't supposed to be a post-apocalyptic series. It's a post-post apocalyptic series. It's set hundreds of years after the apocalypse. People are building cities and nations.

Of course, Bethesda didn't get the memo, so they shat all over DC and had thirty NPCs in the whole game, none of whom had managed to farm crops or even have a good source of water. And then New Vegas was made with the original writers, and felt vibrant and alive, and kiddies bitched that it wasn't grimdark enough.
>>
File: i got this at film school.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
i got this at film school.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
>>34906133
>/k/ino
pic related. also, you mentioned the two worst post apocalyptic movies you could. get better taste plebbit.

movies
>a boy and his dog
>book of eli
>ORIGINAL mad max and mad max 2
>escape from new york
>dawn of the dead (both)
>children of men

games
>metro games
>stalker games
>fallout series
>hl2
>left 4 dead 1 & 2

books
>the road
>world war z
>metro 2033
i honestly can't think of any P-A books atm.
>>
>>34906148
This
>>34906913
The problem is the story. It is too involved. Using that sort of character motivation makes it too intense. You take that over side quests too naturally. FNV made it so your thought process becomes "I'm going to kick that little fuck's face in as hard as the game allows, so I'm going to prepare and get good first" then that sucks you into the main conflict between the legion and the NCR and you start to pick a side as you cross the Mojave. Fallout 3 may have more bugs worked out, but it always felt too rushed and with the game mechanics as they are, it is too annoying and frustrating to really explore without having to have equal equipment to that what you would bring to any boss battle.
>>
>>34907149
3 was just my first fallout, so I'm biased
>>
>>34907226
Listen, mate, I fucking love some mad max. You don't have the faintest clue how much I can go for some mad max.

The original isn't even post-apoc. It is either during or at the dawn of the apocalypse not after. It's an amazing film and incredibly unique with no equal. The second is fucking wonderful. But to shit on Fury Road is just being a contrarian asshole. It's fucking wonderful, beautiful, and what it lacks in any significant plot it makes up for in stunning action, visuals, and characters.
>>
>>34907226
How is Fury Road one of the worst post apocalyptic movies?
>>
>>34907149
This guy is basically right
Fallout 1
>little shanty towns and primitave cities
>constantly depressing and desolate
>really feels like the world was ass fucked by a nuclear war
Fallout 2
>people begin to build bigger and better cities
>things are still depressing, but it feels like things are slowly getting better
Fallout 3
>I don't even fucking know
Fallout NV
>community's have became so powerful that they start expanding their influence
>oh shit nigger an actual war is brewing
>manifest destiny 2.0

Don't even know why I types all this out. Play fallout 1 op. Some of the most realistic post apocalyptic dialogue you'll ever hear.
>>
>>34907226

>tfw hl2 feels so nostalgic and comfy that I forget it's post apocalyptic
>>
>>34907226
>>a boy and his dog
hey guise I are an adult i like teh movies i lernt uf on internet in the long time ago
>>
>>34907226
>world war z
Gave it away.
almost believed you just had wikitaste/10
>>
>>34907226
>>a boy and his dog
Now we are talking
>>
>>34907226
STALKER still worry getting?
>>
>>34909252
Hell fucking yeah. Just do mods for the graphics so it doesn't look like Ukrainian dogshit that's been sitting out since 2008
>>
>>34906913
DLC is horrible though compared to NV, I did like the Anchorage one though.
>>
>>34909388
Really? I remember people liking the Pits DLC.
>>
>>34907444
Because there are women
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.