[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

How do you guys secure your guns?
I was thinking of getting one of these and bolting to to my garage floor.

>I've read traditional gun safes aren't that great for the $$
>>
the biggest thing expensive gun safes offer is temperature control and fire resistance. good ones will defeat crowbars and other basic methods, whereas that work box probably won't.
>>
>>34905578
>implying i need a gun safe
SHALL
>>
>>34905578
>a gang box
>in a garage

Enjoy your rusty guns
>>
>>34905596
how good are traditional safes in a house fire, will they last long enough for the fire department to come put it out/

>I also own a fire extinguisher
>>
File: 1499017493607.jpg (114KB, 850x599px) Image search: [Google]
1499017493607.jpg
114KB, 850x599px
>>34905578
>>34905622
>Put golden rod or damprid in gangbox
>Clean and oil your guns regularly
Problem solved.

They work pretty good op. At least as secure as the shitty rscs they peddle as "gun safes" but you don't have to pay extra for the false sense of security and gypsum board.
>>
File: best_homefire_3[1].jpg (93KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
best_homefire_3[1].jpg
93KB, 400x300px
>>34905656
it depends on the brand and the rating, but yes, even basic ones will survive a fire in a suburban area with a decent response time. high end ones will survive an inferno.
>>
>>34905656
They'll prevent a total loss but most of your guns will have melted shit on them and wood stocks will smolder from the heat

If they're in a real house fire, no matter what you store them in, they're good as fucked
>>
I just hide my guns around the house and property, OP. Under desks, in toilets, etc.
>>
>>34905656

nigga just install improvised fire suppression systems and turn off power to your house every time you leave

t. how i keep my funs safe

>in b4 post pikshurs of autism
>>
>>34905891
Pictures please.
>>
OP huffs halon
>>
>>34905787
>not pictured: severe rust damage and splintered wood from sustained entombment in a 400 degree steam bath
Yeah they may function but they'll be worthless after a burn, no matter the safe.
>>
>>34906016
I'm not so sure about that... He looks pretty happy.
>>
>>34906040
It's a Liberty Safe promotional photo on their website.
>>
>>34905929

just get familiar with dish soap, all im gonna say
>>
>>34905801
I used to keep my tokarev stuffed into my couch cushions, condition 3.

I figured why not keep a gun somewhere that you spend time relaxing, where you are most defenseless when a threat comes to bear.

Got a new couch, couldn't find a good enough crevice to hide it in so no more couch gun.

Still keep my 870 loaded and underneath the couch, that is an excellent hiding place as long as the couch sits low to the ground
>>
>>34905578
"gun safes" aren't real safes. Real safes are a lot more expensive and heavy and have ratings like "TL/TR30".

"Gun safes" are glorified locking containers.
>>
>>34905656
That's what insurance is for.
>>
>>34907335
I have insurance but I'd also rather not contribute to nig-nogs having guns
>>
>>34905578
>I've read traditional gun safes aren't that great for the $$
See if there's a local safe store in your area.

If they have gun safes, they'll probably be the good ones and not the high school locker level ones you get at a box store. The store will also probably be a lot more helpful than a box store with knowledge, installation, etc.
>>
>>34907376
>contribute to nig-nogs having guns
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Nobody's going to be able to shoot your heat damaged soot encrusted guns anyway anon
>>
>>34905578
for everyone's convenience, just leave your bolt cutters and/or angle grinder sitting on top of the box
>>
>>34907601
I went to one: "The Safe Store"
their shits start at $3k and I can't justify that at this point in my life
>>
>>34907620
>>implying their going to burn THEN be stolen
>> it's one or the other genius; and preventing forest fires is easier
>>
>>34906016
I mean, Im sure the top of the line ones have considered this and offer some kind of rating of protection even for really hot shit
>>
>>34907650
angle grinder will be inside

and the safes at Cabellas aren't grinder proof either but they cost 10x as much

>>and what are bolt cutters going to do? plz explain
>>
>>34907713
Then why ask about fires at all?
>>
I use a fire resistant gun safe that is lag bolted to multiple studs in the closet of my reloading room.

My concealed carry gun and home defense gun are the only ones not locked up all the time.
>>
>>34905622
The money to buy the gangbox and weatherproof it would still be cheaper than buying a pre-built safe.
>>
the biggest thing with a lot of people is that even if they got the $$$ or willing to spend the cash on an actual solid gun SAFE, they're not exactly in their "settled down" house, so spending all that cash and getting it secured with prospect that you're most likely going to move within a few years, that shit sucks dick when you have to figure out how to move the heavy fuck or lord help you if your safe is not on ground level.
>>
>>34907735
>get good windows, doors, locks
>get good safe
>actually get a home security system that calls police for check up so people using grinder/torch/etc actually needs to work quickly vs. as long as you're on vacation,
>get insurance on the contents

there, problem solved. And of course not telling everyone you know and uploading pictures onto your social media of your multiple $5000 guns is another good strategy to not even be targeted.
>>
>>34905578

Gun safe in my bedroom. I keep everything except my G17 there. The pistol is at my night stand with a mounted flashlight in case some shit happens.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.