[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. Where do you think the most likely place for the next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2762.jpg (30KB, 201x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2762.jpg
30KB, 201x240px
Hey /k/. Where do you think the most likely place for the next 'boots on the ground shooting war' is for the United States? What do you think is likely to start it?
>>
>>34905577
>Where do you think the most likely place for the next 'boots on the ground shooting war' is for the United States?

Any city in the U.S.
>>
>>34905577
I'd like it to be in Mexico so that I can fulfill my Autistic dreams of roving the deserts and removing cocaine.
>>
>>34905604
I've been checked out of the news since November. Do you really think the climate is that tense?
>>
>>34905642
It's getting there. Maybe I won't have to remove cocaine in Mexico, there's plenty of it in Detroit.
>>
>>34905642
>I've been checked out of the news since November. Do you really think the climate is that tense?
I think you're going to see counter protesters show up with guns, and any time two groups with guns who hate each other get together someone's getting shot.
>>
>>34905682
We Lexington Green now.
>>
>>34905642

Depends on Boston tomorrow. Alt right are giving a speech at a park pavilion where Martin Luther King once gave one. If that place goes nuts, it isn't out of the question to see things spiral quickly.
>>
>>34905642
No, don't believe the memes.

Mueller(Special counsel, is investigating Trump-everything with a bunch of high-profile lawyers, prosecutors and already has a Grand jury) is basically holding back everyone on the left who's ready to be civil-war-violent.
Now, if something happens to him, tut might get pretty fucking tense.

We're not there yet by a longshot, though.
>>
>>34905723
I can't see that going anywhere but down. Boston police will probably be ordered to stand down by leftist government, and Antifa will throw the first punch, but that will get covered up by the """""media""""", and the shit will just keep piling up.
>>
>>34905747
Oh the memes.
>>
>>34905577
Some shithole in the middle east or possibly Korea if Big Kim scratches his butthole enough.

I hope I'm in my military career by then so I can contribute to our success.
>>
On topic:
Either a full-on invasion in Syria.
An Intervention in Venezuela, Mexico or the Phillipines.

Or if shit goes really wrong, North Korea.
>>
>>34905747
All you can do is get some popcorn ready and watch untrained weebs try to act tactical. The only thing we know will happen is that it will be a shitshow one way or another.
>>
>>34905780
I just finished SOI for the USMC and I'm kind of bumming because I can't really see anything popping off in the next 3.5 years. Training has been a real cock tease because our instructors are always saying something is about to pop off.
>>
>>34905790
Why Venezuela or Mexico? Under what circumstance do you see it starting?
>>
>>34905806
You don't need to be infantry to do shit in the military to our enemies. In fact I'd say infantry is the last option chosen unless your SOF. Our first line of attack is air and sea (and air from the sea).

Good luck if we do need you though because if we're fighting the Norks it's going to be hell on earth.
>>
>>34905824
Venezuela's kind of obvious. Commies did what Commies always do, and rigged the elections, sacked all opponents, and are oppressing all protesters. Venezuelan's are a stone's-throw from all-out revolt.
>>
>>34905842
Oh shit. I have not been tracking on that at all. Do we have any interests there? Who are they allied with?
>>
>>34905824
Venezuela because apparently Trump was hinting at something like that like a week ago.
The country is also on the brink of legitimate civil war.

Mexico because Trump has always had this really strong anti-cartel, anti-drugs and so on and...Yeah, don't know, this is just pure speculation on my part.
This is by far the most unlikely scenario of the ones I've listed.
>>
>>34905861
Just today, Venezuela officialy became a dictatorship by impeaching the parliament.

Our Interest there is that we don't want another Syria, another potential proxy war right on our doorstep.
>>
>>34905861
Well, we've (rightly) accused their Vice President of running drugs. In addition, the people are starving because Communist policies encourage severe weight loss, so there's always the human-rights angle for us. Plus, they could try selling off their oil to N.Korea. Honestly, I'd like to help the Venezuelans. The army hasn't been all that friendly to the protesters, but the Venezuelan Army has way too many generals, because those promotions are given out as rewards for good little lackeys, so the command situation has to be absolute chaos.
>>
>>34905896
True, but a lot of S.American countries, like Argentina, Chile, and Brazil are getting pissy at Maduro, so we could see Argentinians and Chileans giving Maduro a free helicopter ride.
>>
>>34905861
And I'm not exaggerating when I say that a civil war in Venezuela is basically bound to happen.

The venezuelans have been protesting basically every single day this year in the hundreds of thousands because their government was fucking them and a major reason was that they faked elections.

And now, they won't have elections anymore because there's nobody to elect anymore.
>>
>>34905933
I wish Pinochet is still here.
>>
>>34905946
And they're starving. An empty stomach makes one rather irritable. This is why you should never elect a Commie.
>>
>>34905933
Hopefully, it would be better for the continent if other S. American countries and Venezuela fixed it without US intervention.
>>
>>34905959
Well, Castro died on his birthday, so I guess he came back for one last chopper ride.
>>
File: 1482283564158.png (114KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1482283564158.png
114KB, 500x387px
>>34905976
>>
>>34905842
How would that even work?
Libyan style limited invention?
>>
>>34909007

The good news is that there is an organized opposition party that is both Democratic and has wide backing. What that means is that we won't be worrying about a thousand different factions and tribes scrambling for power and their own little fiefdoms. I think this is one of the few cases where direct surgical military might could improve the situation.

The other important thing to note is that there is plenty of aid standing by to help the civilians. Literally thousands of tons of aid are sitting in port in the US, Europe, and Latin America that are banned from being provided to Venezuela because Maduro is worried about the opposition getting "war goods" (in which he literally counts food and the most basic medical supplies).

Several months ago a little girl got an infection which spread to her lungs. She was treated at the best hospital in VZ, which has no vancomycin anymore. They operated on her which led to her getting a sucking chest wound. This led to a country wide search for a chest tube for them to perform a tube thoracostomy. They found exactly one chest tube on the opposite side of the country in an abandoned private clinic. When I was an EMT we carried shit like that on the fucking wagon, mate. They don't even have fucking VANCOMYCIN. I'm not exactly a bleeding heart type but goddamn if I don't want to go help these people.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.