[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22LR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Anyone get the $200 Ruger American from PSA?

Is it a good gun?
>>
>>34904501

Ex-GF had one. Superb action, very accurate, has 10/22 sights. Metal is well finished for a .22 these days. The fact that it uses 10/22 mags means they mount flush and it's pretty nice to carry - although the release does protrude a bit.

The cons - the stock is absolute shit, and the bolt handle sits quite proud of the action and falls open easily if carrying it cooked and locked. It's best carried on an empty chamber with the striker down.

If I had one I'd mod it with a laminate stock and smaller mag release. That'd make it one of the nicest small game guns you can get IMO.
>>
>>34904598
Thanks. Did she use an optic or just irons?
>>
>>34904501
I got one and it was broken on arrival. I have to send it back.
>>
File: ruger american.jpg (1MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ruger american.jpg
1MB, 1280x1920px
>>34904501
My favorite plinker, makes sense if you already have a 10/22. Only problem is the bx 25 mags fail to feed around the 13th round. Doesnt really bother as I tend to use the rotary ones anyways.
>>
>>34904501

Yes. Got one with no sights and an optic.

Dinky little shooter. I found that it was dead on accurate at 50 using RWS standard velocity solids. It really likes the CCI mini mags for the quicker stuff. Stingers tend to open up a bit more.

Build quality on the metal is good and it is well finished.
>>
>>34904679
Sorry to hear that. Ruger is good about that, though. I got a 10/22 and brought it out to plink. Accuracy was terrible. Went to shoot it again and realized the front sight post fell out. They sent me a new one for free that fit very tightly.

>>34904741
Interesting. I've got some different mags I can try. Good looking set up.

>>34904808
Good to hear. Mine is the 20 inch with irons. Recommend a good optic?
>>
>>34904864
I've tried a few and a few different types of ammo. I didnt worry too much about it because I like the flat profile of the rotary mags. Maybe a bx 15 would work better.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.