[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many guns do you own? How many guns is too many guns? Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Guns-Lots-of-guns-620x350.jpg (100KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Guns-Lots-of-guns-620x350.jpg
100KB, 620x350px
How many guns do you own? How many guns is too many guns? Have you ever purged parts of your collection because you felt like you had too many?

I talked to a guy at a gun show the other day who said he had nearly 50 guns in his collection but he hardly ever shoots and some have been safe queens for up to a decade with maybe 20-30 rounds through them since purchase.

I could never do that because I live my life by a very utility-based mentality and try to only keep around things that I need or have regular use for. For my gun collection, I try to limit myself to having a concealed carry pistol, an open carry duty pistol, close to mid range rifle/carbine, a long range marksmanship rifle and a shotgun. Sure, I have a couple extra milsurp/sentimental value guns, and there are plenty of guns that I think would be cool to have, but in the end I can't really justify owning more than 10 guns MAX. Even then I sometimes wonder if that's getting a little carried away.

Am I alone in not wanting to be a gun hoarder and instead wanting to have a smaller, more tightly tuned arsenal for practical usage?
>>
I own quite a few. Over a dozen between my wife and I. Obviously that's not a ton for a firearms enthusuast, but its way more than an average normie who only owns grandpappy's old .38spl revolver. We only have 1-2 guns for each purpose so I never really feel like I have too many.

Oddly enough my optics collection costs just as much as my gun collection... seriously +/- $100 close. That wasn't my intention, it just kinda happened like that.
>>
I'm like your enthusiast friend, I have 20+, some I've never shot despite owning for a year or more. Mostly because I like collecting more than shooting, the cost/hassle of driving to range or land, and because I see them as a good store of value, investment almost. I recently moved and had to purge a few long guns that were just taking up space and not really special. I've refined my tastes to be more towards handguns especially revolvers. I only buy used and have only bought 1 gun from a shop. Buy em right and they hold value well (dollar will keep losing value).
>>
I currently own 13. At one time I owned almost 30 but it was mostly cheap milsurp. Going more for quality over quantity lately.
>>
>>34903374

I'm assuming you sold off all those extra guns. What was that like? Did you have any trouble parting with any of them? Do you regret selling any of them?
>>
>>34902451
Four
Honestly 5 would be the maximum for me.
I prioritize practicality, quality and variety in as few guns as possible. It baffles me seeing all these fuckhuge arsenal pics (especially the ones with 3+ fucking nuggets) of guns they obviously hardly ever shoot.

I mean I know some people are collectors but I still just can't understand it.
>>
>>34902451
>How many guns is too many guns?
Literally only when your pile become massive enough that your biggest crane can't get you to the top
>>
File: RDB-C_begringNVG__D6A2384web.jpg (406KB, 1600x1403px) Image search: [Google]
RDB-C_begringNVG__D6A2384web.jpg
406KB, 1600x1403px
>How many guns do you own?
I currently own 26 rifles and 5 handguns.
No such thing.
>Have you ever purged parts of your collection because you felt like you had too many?
>I keep meaning to sell a couple of them because they no longer interest me, but since I don't need the money (not that those I'm contemplating selling are worth more than $200-500 each) my compulsion to avoid unnecessary social interaction wins out.
>>
I own 4 guns
>91/30 nugget
>Type 53 nugget
>Makarov
>.38 Airweight
I probably won't bother with milsurp anymore until I get more money and time. I barely shoot my mosins as it is and I still have 3/4 of a spam can crate left. I still enjoy them greatly when I do shoot them though so I'm not selling them.
>>
I don't know how many I won anymore. North of 70 I want to say. Apart from a couple of my shittier handguns I have no interest in selling them because it's fun to collect. I've got a list of at least 100 more to add before I'll consider not buying anymore.
>>
>Have you ever purged parts of your collection because you felt like you had too many?
Huh? Have you ever purged one of your balls because you thought you had too many?
>>
File: 92fs.jpg (98KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
92fs.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
>>34902451

I own one for now. M16A4 clone that I put together recently. Gonna take it to the range soon.

Also will be getting a Beretta M9 soon, as well.
>>
>>34902451
Got rid of 4 bolt action rifles in the space of a year because I just didn't enjoy them

>>34903542
Yes that's called cumming
>>
>>34903398
Are you me?
>>
I'm at like 80.
My policy is never sell a gun, ever.
>>
>>34903529
>North of 70 I want to say.
Do you even shoot all of them? I can't imagine finding the time to thoroughly use 10 guns, let alone 70.
>>
>>34902451
At the moment, only one savage Mark 64. I'm practically a noguns but this winter, I plan on putting in some 16 hour shifts all December and getting a .40S&W carbine from hi point and a .38 revolver. Then after that, build up a collection.
>>
>>34903592

Then your kids or wife will sell em for pennies when you die. Best to liquidate when you near senility or serious old age.
>>
>>34903637
Fuck you bury me with them
>>
>>34903593
I've shot them all at least once, but no. Most of them don't get shot for years at a time. Most of my Mausers for example, don't get shot more than once (at the moment anyways, who knows how I'll feel about them later). My interest is collecting more than shooting for most of my guns.
>>
>>34903653

Cant take 'em with you, mate. Pass them on to the next generation.
>>
>>34902451
I think I have 11 rifles, 2 shotguns and 2 pistols though one of those is an 1851 Navy. Only 3 rifles are semi auto, the M1 Carbine, Norinco M305 and an NEA AR-15.

Im starting to worry a bit about the state of things and feel like it couldnt hurt to have at least 5 semi auto rifles with a side arm, worst case scenario (or best, depending on how you look at it) Ill just have lots of fun at the range.
>>
>>34902451
>How many guns do you own?
No such thing as too much dakka
My personal policy is that the money I make from selling a gun must only go to buying another gun. I've sold some milsurp guns that were kind of ratty to buy ones that were in better condition.
>>
>>34903740
As it stands, they all go to my nephew when he comes of age. He's three now.
>>
>>34902451
around 45

planning on stopping at 100 and then swapping out if I want something new.
>>
>>34903396
I mostly sold off cheaper guns to fund buying more expensive ones. The only one I truly regret selling was a pristine Tula SKS. Everything about it was just so smooth and awesome, I miss it a lot.
>>
>>34904246

Been thinking about selling off my Norinco SKS to fund a Russian instead. The SKS was my first rifle (not my first gun though) so I'm worried I might regret it, but I can't see myself owning two SKS's and actually like the look and feel of the Russian most.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.