[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was team noguns until today. I just bought a M15 magpul and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (215KB, 1200x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215KB, 1200x358px
I was team noguns until today. I just bought a M15 magpul and HK P30. What are some good/must have mods for my AR?
>>
Number one thing is always more ammo, and more magazines

If you want things to dangle from it, get a Vortex Strikefire II for a decent entry level sight, maybe a foregrip or angle grip if you want one. A light is always cool but not a necessity.
>>
>>34901230
The Holosun 503 is a great entry level optic as well
>>
>>34901254
Definitely is, but I'll throw this out here PSA has a ten p-mag deal with a strikefire II for like $180

Or they did last week, not sure if that's still available.
>>
>>34901183
>keymod
Good job you fucked up already!
>>
>>34901313
I got 3 mags with it. Any quality or decent scopes cheaper then those?
>>
>>34901569
not really.

I mean there are less expensive ones but anything less than those and you're burning your money.
>>
>>34901183

Make sure you have 8 AR mags (Magpul + Lancer, fuck everything else).

4-5 P30 mags.

Get an optic and maybe a light, but don't cheap out. It's better to keep shooting irons and saving money until you can buy a top notch optic. Same for light, just wait and save.

Eventually you'll probably want to invest in a trigger, but in the mean time ammo ammo ammo.
>>
>>34901582
>>34901593
So is the vortex strikefire worth it? 10 mags and the sight for 180?

I bought 1000 rounds for the p30. I only bought 100 5.56. Any particular ammo recommendations/where to get them for cheap? I'm gonna have to put off more mags for the P30 as they're kinda pricey. Also 223 vs 5.56?
>>
>>34901183
>M15
>>
>>34901648

I usually check ammo prices on gun-deals.com, it's an aggregator that lists prices from all over the internet. Bulk is always the best way to buy, and buying online is pretty painless. As far as choosing ammo, it depends on your gun.

Most AR's now have no problem eating steel case. The only real negative to steel case is it's going to wear your barrel and maybe extractor quicker. Some good tests have been done and you'll generally still save money in the long run by shooting steel case even with the expense of having to replace your barrel a little sooner factored in.

So unless you're running a hyper expensive gucci barrel, planning on reloading your brass, or have a rare/expensive gun (not an AR15) steel is probably your best bet.

Outside of that, your only real choice is brand and projectile. Depending on your rate of twist, your gun may prefer lighter or heavier projectiles which will just matter for group size. I know my 1:7 gun seems to get the best performance out of 62gr. ~1MOA with 62, about 1.2-1.4 with 55.

Regarding the strikefire, if you really really want an optic now Vortex stuff is fine. That being said, I'd strongly suggest just shooting irons for a while and saving your money until you can afford an Aimpoint or something. There's no substitute for a high quality optic, whatever anyone tries to tell you. It connects your rifle to the target, don't cheap out.
>>
>>34901593
Shut the fuck up steel normie mags are proven to last for fucking ever until gross user error. They're like $7bucks a pop but you want translucent smoke tacticool or magpul aesthetic at double that price.
>>
>>34902026
they're aluminum, noguns
>>
>>34902026

And you know what mags last forever even with gross user error? Quality polymer mags.

Better feed lips, better impact resistance. You only have to buy your mags once if you buy them right, stop being retard.

Every AR malfunction I've ever seen that wasn't related to an out of spec component or shit tier reloads was related to an aluminum "GI" mag.

Sure, steel mags work well, but do you really want to pay HK $30 a pop for them? Stay mad noguns
>>
>>34902162
C Products makes good steel mags, too, from what I hear, for way less than the HK mags
>>
>>34901799
Well it's a m15 magpul. I'm on my 3 day wait because I ended up buying it with the p30. They gave me a free box of 5.56, but I'm still pretty clueless as to what is preferable 5.56 or 223
>>
>>34902232

They cost just as much as a PMAG.

Aluminum and steel mags serve no purpose besides appeasing autists who hate poly.
>>
>>34902232
>>34902162
I really have no idea about this stuff, but for the price of the p30 I really want quality mags for it. I went in only wanting to spend 450-550 on the handgun, but the feel of the p30 was too great. It was really enjoyable to shoot. And from all I've read they're very high quality and really last a long time. So I ended up dropping a lot more on it, which surprised the guy considering I'm a first time buyer. He ended up giving me a pretty good deal on everything, free shit and price cut. it's a local gunshop and I prefer giving mom and pop stores my business. The p30l was 1059 or something, ended up buying it at 900. As I've said earlier I got 2 mags for it, want more but the HK mags are fairly pricey. What's the difference between the official HK mag and the c product?

Sorry for the blog post, I'm just looking for any advice on future purchases. Should I stick with mom and pop store, or should I look elsewhere? Oh and I ended up going with the strikefire II and 10 magpul mags from psa for 180.
>>
>>34902260
>m15 magpul
nigger wtf is an "m15 magpul"?
use ammoseek to find the best ammo prices. wolf and tula .223 are dirty, but fine overall. you'll probably be shit at shooting anyway so the more ammo you can buy to practice with, the better. wolf gold .223 is usually the cheapest brass (and good quality) if you're going to be a #neversteel snob. otherwise, stick to 5.56 like M193 and M855, the latter is steel core so some ranges won't allow it.
>>
>>34901351
MLok is dead. just accept it
>>
>>34902351
>>34901701
M15 is the brand name Armalite uses for its AR15 rifles. OPs is the one that comes decked out with magpul stuff

https://armalite.com/shop/m-15-tactical-16/
>>
File: IMG_20170421_175357.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170421_175357.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
>>34902347

All the shitposters were just talking about AR mags. Despite what all the angry "nonconformists" will tell you, a good poly mag is the best choice and PMAGs / Lancer mags are both top notch.

For the P30, factory HK mags are your best bet. They're expensive, but you only need to buy 2-3 extra and they'll last you forever. It's just something you have to take into consideration when buying an HK handgun.

Good buy on the P30, by the way. I actually have a P30L myself, and it's been a great gun. I've put about 2,000 rounds through it with no issues. I've got 5 mags.

The strikefire will do fine for you, but do make sure you get a few hundred rounds of practice in with the irons before you start using the optic. It's important to have that familiarity. Down the road you may decide you want a pricier optic, but at least you'll have a better idea of what you want before you drop the cash.
>>
>>34902379
holy fuck that's expensive.
>I just bought an Armalite AR15
is what OP should have said.
>M15
irrelevant trademark
>magpul
irrelevant
HTH
>>
>just bought gun
>no pic related

>>>/trash/
>>
>>34901183
Why the fuck would you spend so much on a baseline AR?
>>
File: magazines.jpg (154KB, 1391x771px) Image search: [Google]
magazines.jpg
154KB, 1391x771px
>>34902347
>need P30 mags
If you just bought this gun new today go to HK's website, fill out the form for 4 free magazines.

https://hk-usa.com/freemagazines/
>>
>>34902483

If I have a P30L do you think I could get these free mags by spoofing a receipt? I bought it a couple years ago.
>>
What is the best 5.56 brand that is brass and reliable/affordable? Looking to get at least 1,000 rounds.
>>
>>34902509
wolf gold .223
>>
>>34902516
Not worth jumping up to the faster 5.56 ammo?
>>
>>34902507
It's worth a shot. I would try it.
>>
>need ammo
Check gunbot, ammoseek, wikiarms, gun.deals and sgammo often.
>>
>>34902509

Anything brass will be fine. For that matter, most steel is fine too.

Just buy this if you want cheap brass 55gr.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AFEDXM193I
>>
>>34902525
fug, the price difference has gotten so small now
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington?co=new&sh=high&ca=brass
vs
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato?sh=high&co=new
still, you're not really gaining much. chances are you're just plinking, not fighting a war. $20 is $20.
>>
>>34901183
>What are some good/must have mods for my AR?

A two point sling like a Sierra Tac, VTAC, Blueforce Gear and an assload of ammo, proper training and good practice.

A rifle is only as good as the shooter behind it, this is something /k/ neglects
>>
File: 56785679.png (471KB, 1000x316px) Image search: [Google]
56785679.png
471KB, 1000x316px
>>34902563
>not fighting a war
Give it a minute
>>
>>34902576
:^)
that Molon guy who posts on arfcom, m4carbine, and some other places was comparing wolf gold with IMI M193. wolf isn't quite up to M193 spec:
>Not quite. The velocity specification for M193 as cited in MIL-C-9963F states:
>The average velocity of the sample cartridges, conditioned at 72 degrees, plus or minus 2 degrees Fahrenheit (F), shall be 3165 feet per second (ft/sec), plus or minus 40 ft/sec, at 78 feet from the muzzle of the weapon. The standard deviation of the velocities shall not exceed 40 ft/sec.
>The specification is for a 20” barrel. Dependent upon variables, this velocity specification equates to a muzzle velocity of approximately 3270 ft/sec, plus or minus 40 ft/sec.
>The lot of Wolf Gold that I chronographed from a 20" Colt M16A2 barrel had a muzzle velocity of 3213 FPS. For comparison, IMI M193 chronographed from the same barrel had a muzzle velocity of 3274 FPS.
>t. https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/667536_IMI_M193_vs_Wolf_Gold__223_for_stacking_deep.html
big fuckin whoop IMO
>>
>>34901313
Good looking out hammie!
>>
>>34902483
Holy shit anon thank you!! Thanks fantastic. I never would have known.

>>34902425
So practice with the default ar and iron sights before moving on? Thanks for the info.

Honestly ive never really browsed this board, but so far you guys deliver. Much appreciated /k/ommandos
>>
>>34902569
After everything I've bought so far I'm pretty tapped on funds, I went over budget bigly on the p30. I gotta wait a bit to buy ammo in bulk. I only got 100 5.56 rounds and like 500 9mm.

I still need to buy stuff to clean and oil my guns, any recommendations? Shop guy just said a Tshirt would do, with a barrel snake, and said to look online for the solvents/oils. I really want to treat the p30 right
>>
What's a good barrel grip for the ar?
>>
>>34902357
Keymod is inferior and has been proved so..
k y s
>>
>>34903342
Blueforce slings are pretty good quality for like $50. Necessary "mods" really depends on what your going to be using it for. If it's a tactical rifle, I only run a light and optic.

I've used a few different grips, and hand stops and honestly, I run drill for shooting in all kinds of scenarios and at some point you'll realize that shit just gets in the way/makes it awkward to shoot from cover. I just have quad rails and I have no problem taking accurate follow-up shots at 25m-50m.

And yes, just rip up some old tshirts with some remoil and hoppes. And then froglube when you're done
>>
>>34902433
He doesn't know what the fuck he has becuase noguns. Chill out dickwad.
>>
>>34902433
Sorry m8 this was my first purchase of a gun. I know nothing, which is why I'm outsourcing my learning to you glorious bastards that eat and breathe the 2nd amendment. I ended up buying the ar for $569. I don't even know if that's expensive, but seems worth it
>>
>>34905844
If the AR was $569 American you did real good, MSRP is nearly triple that
>>
File: 1497560299199.jpg (191KB, 825x824px) Image search: [Google]
1497560299199.jpg
191KB, 825x824px
>>34901183
>HK P30
Well done, anon.
>>
What does /k/ think about a 3-9x scope on an AR?
>>
>>34901183
Optic is the only "must have"
>>
>>34902446
3 day waiting period because of (((reasons)))
>>
>>34905858
It's a S&M m15 magpul I believe. But good to know I did good. The gun at the shop cut me all sorts of deals, free boxes of ammo and such.
>>
>>34901183
Nigga you've done it right. Is the P30 LEM?
>>
>>34906295
Yeah, if the gun you posted is the one you bought, you did real good
>>
>>34906879
LEM?
>>
>>34907069
Kinda like striker fired. It's the same trigger pull everytime, no double or single action pulls. the hammer is pulled and released the same every triggerpull
>>
>>34907089
yes then it's like that. I only shot a clip at the store/range. But it was glorious. I ended up using a replacement grip on the right side, and it fit like a glove. Like I said its my first gun, I've fired a few glocks, 12 gauge, and a few S&W but the p30 just clicked with me, no pun intended. If this is gonna be my new hobby might as well drop a few extra bills and get top quality.
>>
>>34907148
shit nigger ya did fantastic
>clip

but gg lad best of luck
>>
>>34907171
They're a small mom and pa shop. Didn't get a chance to really take her out. But they ended up giving me an extra clip. Plus hk has a deal where they're giving 4 clips with a new purchase. So I'll have 7 mags for my p30. So not too bad
>>
>>34907282
Stop being so lucky. You'll run the gun for life. Love it
>>
>>34903342
5.56 rifle cleaning kit, Break free CLP.
>>
>>34901183

Just broke out of team noguns and bought a Mossberg 500, I want an ak, but don't know where to look (other than /ak/)
>>
Looks like you've got some keymod slots there. You can buy the BCM keymod rail panels for $10 and give yourself a little better grip on the rail. They're by far the cheapest addition to my AR, and I would have spent 3x the money for them.
>>
>>34902261

Or for use in guns that can't use Pmags, like the SCAR 16 or an F2000
>>
>>34907423
American AKs are shit. Don't ever buy them, they'll not work after a couple hundred rounds and/or explode in your fucking face. Buy a new WASR. no joke. ask /akg/
>>
>>34901230
I have a spitfire AR on my pistol. My astigmatism makes it hard for me to use a red dot, but the prism sight is quite nice. Just a thing for you guys to consider.
>>
>>34905844
>I know nothing

So you just ran out and spent thousands of dollars on shit without even fucking googling anything about firearms first? In
>current year
there is no excuse for ignorance. You lucked out but could've gotten bent over and fucked because you had no idea what you were buying.
Also it's a magazine, not a clip.
30 minutes of research could answer every question you asked on this thread and more, and you should have done that research BEFORE going to the store.
>>
>>34903342
Froglube is best cleaner/lube out there. Minty smell (good or bad depending on preference, but I like it). Buy a tub on Amazon and it will last you for years.
>>
>>34910213
Well to be fair I was googling the guns I was being shown and checking prices as I was there. I had a vague idea of wanting to check out the p30 and I knew I wanted an ar15 under a specific budget. Sorry I'm not autistic and spend hours reading people's shitposts. I prefer to handle and fire myself. I did check reviews out for the p30, but all the little details, no clue. I spent under 2 grand, which is what I budgeted for this. This is my new hobby so, you know, I'm going to learn as I go. Magazine then, but it's clear you understood what I meant by clip, no? The entire point of words and language is to convey meaning, which it did. However, I will correct myself from here on out. But thanks for your very cogent advice. Very helpful and on target.
>>
>>34911654
I got a free bottle of clp. Should I drop the money for the froglube or will the clp do for now?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.