[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed carry on a kayak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 0818171154.jpg (759KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
0818171154.jpg
759KB, 2304x1296px
I love kayak fishing and have been taking my normal edc with me whenever I go. The problem is that every time I go I get baptized in salt water. I was thinking about going with a shoulder holster because it wouldn't get as wet as pocket carry. Any ideas on keeping my gun on me while avoiding as much salt water as possible.
>>
>>34901142
Put it in your asshole, no salt water in there
>>
>>34901159
Op here, I am not a raging homosexual like everyone else in todays society, but I appreciate the witty banter.
>>
>>34901195
>kayak fishing
>wants advice about holsters
>not asking how to mount M2 on bow of kayak...
Do you even /k/?
>>
>>34902016
Well good on then, how would you mount a m2 on a kayak
>>
>>34902016
Op here, I already have a ma deuce mounted on the back of my Viking Pro Fish 440. It is how I get to the fishing spots fast because paddles are for losers. But I want to have a gun on my person that wont get drenched in salt water every time I take the kayak out.
>>
>>34902028
Ask the Canadian Navy.
>>
Just put your CC in a 1 gallon plastic bag?

Not like you really need it while out on the water.
>>
>>34902143
put gun in tied off rubber glove with one of the fingers pushed through the trigger hole
>>
>>34902181
Op here, Dude that's a good idea. I can shoot it threw the glove since its a revolver and I can still carry it in my pocket.
>>
>>34902173
Op here, I want it to be readily accessible since I am Florida man and I see gators, Sharks and insane drunk rednecks on speed boats going 75mph within a couple ft of my kayak every time I hit the water.
>>
File: 1490133237123.jpg (146KB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
1490133237123.jpg
146KB, 1000x776px
>>34901142
>Any ideas on keeping my gun on me while avoiding as much salt water as possible.

Buy a Glock and a Hill People Gear kit bag like in pic. Why a Glock for your specific application?
>lightweight
>finish is resistant to corrosion
>can be easily torn down to the smallest part out in the field with no tools

A small J-Frame won't do you any good in the outdoors. What kind of threats do you have in mind when you're out there?
>>
>>34902294
Pissing off gators with .38 special. The thread.
>>
>>34901142
Buy a cheap shit hi point that you won't mind getting rusted to shit. Replace it with their warranty if it becomes inoperable.
>>
File: Florida2.png (816KB, 637x477px) Image search: [Google]
Florida2.png
816KB, 637x477px
>>34902332
eh, a 22 will drop a gator clean if you get the base of it's skull, it's not a hard shot
>>
>>34902328
Op here, In all honesty the only threat I would expect is over intoxicated morons on speed boats. Sharks in the bay tend to be small rarely reaching over 8ft, and my kayak is 14.5 ft so it would be too large for them to consider a prey item, and alligators are chill and don't mess with people often. A water proof bag that I can open easily and have access to my firearm is a good idea. As for the Glock, if I carry a polymer wonder it will be my Walther PPQ M2.
>>
>>34902294
I have had a similar situation but was comfortable with my dive knife. My pfd pockets are water resistant so I keep metals there. You can also just use a small dry bag and keep it around your seat. I was more worried about locals though, gators avoid you. If you day trip it will store in a bulkhead for when you get out, and you can grab a nylon dive belt. Keep as much of it plastic as you can and wash everything out to stop salt from freezing stuff up.
>>
>>34901142
I know some gun stores near me offer salt water proof finishes that are probably tougher against corrosion if you live in coastal areas, and take your weapon on the boat with you
>>
>>34901142
shoulderholsters a bad choice because any shoulder holster worth using is over 100 dollars and made of leather. its going to get wet and rust.
>>
>>34901142
Op here again, I have put more thought into it. What do yall think about a waterproof fanny pack? They are cheap, wont get in the way and even tho they are not stylish I think its a cost effective way to take care of my problem.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.