[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bolt Actions in Modern Warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: savage 11.png (248KB, 1399x332px) Image search: [Google]
savage 11.png
248KB, 1399x332px
Just suppose that auto-loading weapons were never invented. What kind of weapons would we use today on a "modern" battlefield?

How much different would the tactics be than they are now?

Would bolt guns still be a thing or would we switch to lever guns or revolving action?
>>
>>34900338
Just suppose OP stopped sucking dicks? What else would he do in his free time?
>>
File: 464-spx1.jpg (86KB, 700x227px) Image search: [Google]
464-spx1.jpg
86KB, 700x227px
>>34900353
there are many holes on the human body Anon...
>>
>>34900338
Sorry man, I know we like these kinds of weird hypotheticals like "imagine no gunpowder" etc. etc. but this is just too silly. If auto loading weapons couldn't happen, it makes zero sense for combustion engines or indeed all of modern mechanical engineering to exist.
>>
>>34900338
It depends on what armies would prioritize most likely the well funded nations would have half their army bolt action and half level action
>>
File: dsc_0008.jpg_thumbnail01.jpg (527KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0008.jpg_thumbnail01.jpg
527KB, 900x598px
>>34900377
I know I am stretching your suspension of disbelief but I keep thinking about Fudd warfare I guess.
>>
I'll put in my two cents. I'd imagine bolt guns evolving more along the enfield style, with springs to help push the bolt back faster for reloading. And maybe having that implimented more into lever gats. Perhaps you'd see more lever gats with large magazines and rail systems.
>>
>>34900338
Pump action would be fairly prominent, since you can actuate the mechanism with the gun in places that obstruct a lever. That requires two hands, though, while a straight pull bolt can be used one handed if you have something to brace the butt against. Enfield actions would probably still be fairly common too.
>>
>>34900444
Of course, a straight pull bolt is a gas system away from an automatic firearm, and folks would realize it pretty quick.
>>
Well, portable missiles, tanks, artillery, bombers, all the shit that does the real killing would still be fine.

So, I'm not sure that the modern battlefield would be much more different for the professional military, but insurgents would be much less effective.
>>
File: GEDC0015.jpg (60KB, 650x280px) Image search: [Google]
GEDC0015.jpg
60KB, 650x280px
>>34900444
>Pump action
Pic related.
>>
>>34900338

You could probably make a clever mechanical loading mechanism on a revolving chamber if you were really determined not to use any of the gas.
>>
File: 1500402205727.png (1MB, 921x647px) Image search: [Google]
1500402205727.png
1MB, 921x647px
>>34900374
Much vomiting.
>>
>>34900462
CQC would all be done with single action revolvers.
>>
File: asedrftg.jpg (95KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
asedrftg.jpg
95KB, 940x627px
>>34900338
Basically what would a civil war in Australia look like were the military no involved? Is that a better question?
>>
>>34900338
I would guess more straight pulls or instead of certain team members given a mg they would get a shotgun. Lot more optics but I imagine the pace of battle would be like the crimean war or the opening phases of ww1. Artillery would still be king of battle.
>>
They'd be designed to cycle as fast as possible. Think of the Mad Minute. We'd probably still get 10 or 20 round detachable magazines. I don't know about the tactics.Bolt vs lever or pump would depend on the tactics - if there's lots of prone shooting you'd want the bolt. Otherwise lever and pump are faster. Mag-fed pumps sound nice
>>
Tactical Lee-Enfield No. 10 MK-V
>>
>>34900338
Almost certainly revolver type
>>
>>34900507
On one side I am sickened, on the other I have to applaud the ingenuity to bend some bullshit gun law.
Now to get serious: can it be slam-fired?
>>
>>34900338
gattling guns
>>
>>34904340
If not practical it would at least be fun as hell.
>>
>>34900456
"Howell automatic rifle" proves you correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U682yOpNafg

It's literally a SMLE with a fucking gas system bolted onto it, that just automatically turns/pulls/pushes/turns the bolt.
>>
>>34904633
>>34900338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jif4Wo0LDX8
crank it up nigger
>>
>>34900338
Quick bolts with 10 or 30 round magazines.

A LeEnfield No4/5 Mk.MMXVII if you will.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.