[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought Canik Tp9SA. Constantly jams. Holding properly. Research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 658094_ts.jpg (90KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
658094_ts.jpg
90KB, 1155x1155px
Bought Canik Tp9SA. Constantly jams. Holding properly. Research shows no other similar experiences with this firearm. Have read and watched video reviews of this firearm, some say they haven't even cleaned or lubricated it before firing and have no issues.

Wat do?
>>
>>34897992
Call customer service
>>
Call in for a warranty. If you can't, IDK. Might be SOL with a lemon.
>>
>>34897992
warranty
honestly why ask /k/?
>>
File: download.jpg (66KB, 627x438px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
66KB, 627x438px
>>34897997
>canik customer service
>>
>>34897992
i would make sure the springs get broken in before calling customer service. some people say that's not a real thing, but i think firing lower energy ammo from a new gun causes a lot of issues initially.
>>
>>34897992
That's kinda bizarre. Must have got a lemon. I had a TP9SF and it fed and fired even the shittiest of ammo I put through it.
>>
Are you trying to say you didn't lubricate it? Instead of researching canik tp9 jam look up "why is my pistol jaming"
>>
>>34898057
heh, yeah that too. things can be a bit dry right out of the factory.
>>
>>34898057
No. Broke it down, cleaned, lubed, whole nine. First round out of it jammed. Almost every one after.

>>34898005
Came to /k/ because I, admittedly, do not know much about firearms as I have only purchased it because of an attempted break in.

A buddy of mine, who frequents /k/, has told me that the spring could be the issue, but I don't know how to break it in if it can't fire without jamming every other shot... Tfw.
>>
>>34898191
You can break it in by simply racking the slide and dry firing it. (and playing with the mag release and other controls) What sort of malfunction were you experiencing? Failure to feed the next round? failure to eject?
>>
>>34898203
Always a failure to eject. The cartridge will 99% of the time be stuck hanging out of the gun. It's as if the slide is moving back too quickly, not giving the cartridge time to eject properly. This leads me to believe that the spring has too much tension and is causing the slide to move back too quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 976x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 976x750px
>>34897992
That's weird. I just bought mine on Tuesday and have put about 300 rounds through it, no problem.
>>
>>34898275
Seems to be the general consensus lol. From what I have seen it's a reliable weapon. Just not for me :'(
>>
>>34898230
Try using higher pressure ammo and not limpwristing. Besides that it would have to be a problem with the gun, try racking the slide like 50 times before you fire it next
>>
Have you broken it in? Dunno whether that specific gun 'recommends' a break in period, but put 200 rounds through it before you decide that it doesn't work (or, for that matter, that it does work)
>>
>>34898328
I have racked the slide probably a hundred times now and let it sit overnight with the slide locked back. I have not shot it since doing this.
I was gifted some range rounds for Christmas. These are the ones that are not cycling properly. They are Sellier & Bellot 9mm but apparently they're from the fuckin' Czech Republic so that might be my problem lmao
>>
>>34898386
yeah go buy a box of federal wadcutter or fmj if you're feeling rich, put some rounds through it so it does the slide-rack at 'full force' just in case there's some bad machining or debris that can be smacked off the gun basically, if those two things together don't work return the fucking thing I guess
>>
>>34898295
Really sorry to hear that. Mine fired fine right out of the box. My suggestion would be to contact Canik and see what they say. Whatever the defect is, it should be covered by your warranty.
>>
File: 1479110215994.gif (3MB, 483x296px) Image search: [Google]
1479110215994.gif
3MB, 483x296px
>>34897992
>buying turkshit
>>
>>34898396
I'll head to the range tomorrow and try some of that. Thanks.
>>
>>34898230
Check your extractor hook, make sure it's crisp and well-defined without any chips or rounding.
Ditto for the ejector arm.
Try other brands of ammo, ideally higher velocity (compare box velocity), then start nagging them for warranty or return.
>>
File: DELET_THIS.png (194KB, 838x478px) Image search: [Google]
DELET_THIS.png
194KB, 838x478px
>>34897992
>>
>>34898396
>wadcutter
In a semi-auto pistol?
>>
File: thinking.jpg (27KB, 626x373px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
27KB, 626x373px
>>34898824
You can't have a failure to eject if it never feeds to begin with!
>>
>>34898824
They make semi wadcutters for auto pistols.
But are usually reloads from what Ive seen.
>>
>>34897992
>turktrash
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.