[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savage 42: Savage Beast or Just Savage Your Wallet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: sav42.jpg (319KB, 998x623px) Image search: [Google]
sav42.jpg
319KB, 998x623px
Does anyone have any experience with the Savage Model 42? I was thinking of getting the takedown version because it looks like a fun gun. Will it go boom, or is it just a bust?
>>
>>34897896
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRWQiqNXd1k
>>
File: 1503005483184.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1503005483184.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>34898070
>half way in
>a fucking piece of styrofoam

holy shit
>>
Do good combi guns even exist?
>>
>>34898070
>>34898084
what gap where did the Styrofoam come from?
>>
>>34898121
yes but they are all german and cost thousands of dollars
>>
>>34898163
they ship the gun with Styrofoam inside the stock did you even watch the video

go buy a mossberg 500 and stop looking at this trash
>>
>>34898182
i skipped around i hate hearing the people talk in youtube video. I hate their voices i hate what they have to say
>>
>>34898084
>>34898163
>>34898182
So? It's a fucking lightweight gun. What do you think the stock should be filled with - stainless steel? Protip: Most synthetic shotgun stocks are hollow, meaning that the Savage 42 has *more* material in it than they do. Does the styrofoam affect structural integrity? No? Then who gives a shit?
>>
>>34898233
>34898233
There's nothing necessarily wrong with it, it just makes no sense and is shoddy as fuck.
>>
>it's another OP asks for advice and then ignores it and does what he was going to do anyway episode

why do we have so many of these threads
>>
>>34898385
You'd have a point if the only "advice" in this thread wasn't the "get a mossman 500" meme answer
>>
>>34898419
Ever think maybe there is a reason people are always recommending the same shit?
>>
>>34898472
OP here - I was really looking for guidance from people who own, have fired, or have ever actually been in the same room as the gun in question. I know how to YouTube search by myself and don't need help from anyone here. There are a bunch of videos about this gun online - most love it, but one guy hated it and of course that's the one video that got posted on this thread because people here shit on anything that isn't one of their meme guns. Maybe I should have known better.
>>
>>34898472
Because they're poor?
>>
>>34898489
Look here mother fucker, people here gave you their advice, apparently it wasn't what you wanted to hear. So go on ahead, buy the peice of shit, but don't make a fucking thread about it a month from now bitching and moaning. Or do, i don't give a fuck
>>
>>34898551
this

go buy the gun and see how shit it is

nobody is stopping you OP
>>
>>34898489
pro-tip that one bad review is there for a reason. it literally shows you the worst that could go wrong if you bought that gun. now its up to you to decide if you want to take a chance.

personally:
>the rubber band part doesn't bother me
>he broken stock part showed me to either not remove the butt stock all the time or be careful when opening it
>the take down doesn't look fun, but doesn't mean its a shit gun
>Styrofoam is removable and not a big deal
>the sights are shit tho
>the plastic extractor w/ metal insert is bullshit its supposed to be a survival rifle probably gonna be the first thing to break
>the ammo exploding thing might just be he got a bad rifle because no other video mentions it, but also points out that it could happen to you
>dat price tag for dat quality

now anon do the pro's out weigh the con's? for me they don't, but it might for you, so you decide.
>>
>>34898551
Advice from people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about is a waste of my time. Again, if you own one, or have shot one, then your advice is worth taking. But if you haven't, then your advice is useless, and I have a low tolerance for bullshitters and time-wasters.
>>
>>34898720
just buy your shit gun. hell you probably already paid for one and its being shipped to your ffl with how defensive you are.
>>
>>34898749
Hey, if someone here who actually owns or has shot one tells me it's shit, I'll take that seriously. But I'm under no obligation to take seriously the opinions of people who don't know what they're talking about.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.