[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought the ghost inc spring set. Kept the stock firing pin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1889.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1889.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I bought the ghost inc spring set.
Kept the stock firing pin spring.
Trigger feels amazing but...

It doesn't return enough to activate the dong safety.
>pic related

Should I care?
>>
>>34896959
drop test it and find out
>>
>>34896961
I dropped it on carpet and shook it a lot, didn't go off.
>>
>>34896970
Shake it harder then
>>
>>34896970
did you try standing in front of it while dropping it on a hard surface?
>>
>>34896961
>>34897044
>>34897053
Alright, put the factory trigger/seer whatever spring back in and it fully returns the trigger forward. It also feels exactly the same.

The EVO elite connector with over travel stop did make a HUGE difference in trigger feel but the spring kit was a huge waste of time and apparently does nothing accept adversely affect the firearm.

Glock factory recoil spring = 5 lbs
Ghost kit comes with a 4lb and 6lb spring. The 6 is pointlessly heavy and most forums say 4lb gives light primer strikes.

The other 2 springs, plunger and trigger, make no difference in feel of gun and cause the trigger not to fully return.

The springs came as part of a kit with the connector which is what I wanted. Springs are a complete waste IMO.

Thanks for responding.
>>
File: 1479745006140.png (9KB, 311x334px) Image search: [Google]
1479745006140.png
9KB, 311x334px
>fucking with your glock's internals
>when you have no idea as to what you're doing

keep going op, gotta disable all those passive ""safeties"" for that crisp clean 1lb pull with no takeup.
>>
>>34896959
Go to a range. Hide behind some blast bags. Pull the pin out, then throw it at least 30ft away.

Wait a few minutes to see if it explodes. If not, then you have a dud.
>>
File: F You Lion King.gif (650KB, 350x204px) Image search: [Google]
F You Lion King.gif
650KB, 350x204px
>>34897326
Glocks are pretty simple. The thing that always me is Glock "armorers" who have a chip on their shoulder like they're in the know. It's a Glock, a 3 year old with half a brain cell could detail strip and put it back together.

I guess you're pretty smart though.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Most of the time this is the result of not installing the TRS correctly.
>>
>>34897396
>Glocks are pretty simple
>a 3 year old with half a brain cell could detail strip and put it back together

Considering this thread, what does that make OP?
>>
>>34897632
Retarded
>>
am I missing something? Glocks don't have amazing triggers, I admit that, but why does everyone always play the glock trigger into some 45lb trigger that has a 3 mile travel?
It's like people want competition 1 gram triggers on their guns that they probably use for self defense.
>>
>>34898695
Because less take up, less over travel, a crisp break, and a consistent 4 pound pull are all doable. Several striker fire guns manage it out of the box and there are 35 dollar trigger connectors for glock that require only minor fitting to bring a glock to that point. If it's so easy and cheap, why doesn't glock do that from the factory?
>>
>>34897530
Op here, that's how it was installed.

>>34897632
Someone who detail stripped a Glock

>>34898708
I don't know. I wouldn't mess with their springs though.
>>
File: 1463586845670.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1463586845670.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>34897185
>recoil spring
>4/5/6 lbs
>>
>>34899270
Striker spring obviously
>>
>>34896959
That is the reason they got sued.
That is the reason they do not recommend it for duty pistols.
That is the reason dumb shits install them.
>>
>>34896959
It's the small double hooked connector spring. I'd put the factory back in if it isn't resetting fully
>>
>>34897326
t. Guy that has no clue WTF he's talking about. Glocks are simple, the reason why they're GOAT is easy self maintenance
>>
>>34897185
The bulk of your weight reduction comes from the firing pin spring, but it can cause light strike on certain primers that are tougher like Winchester. I have a spring kit in my competition Glock, so I only shoot Federal through it which work fine.
>>
>>34899475
Thanks, I put all factory springs back in though, just keeping connector which did improve it... that and a little polishing
>>
>>34899513
Yah best to keep any gun you plan on carrying factory. The connector should be fine tho
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.