[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone own one of those Wolf A1 uppers? How do they fare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

Does anyone own one of those Wolf A1 uppers? How do they fare compared to the typical AR-15?

Pic slightly related.
>>
File: Tei.(Upotte!!).full.1161604.jpg (194KB, 616x683px) Image search: [Google]
Tei.(Upotte!!).full.1161604.jpg
194KB, 616x683px
>>34893839
bump for input
>>
>>34893839
>no shell deflector so they can't be shot from the left side
>cheap clone gas block

wait until they sort their shit out
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (1MB, 3024x2725px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
1MB, 3024x2725px
>>34893839
Literally just got one today.

I like it so far but thats not saying much because i have yet to shoot it.

The piston is really easy to take apart and not a problem at all.
>>
>>34894457
The parts are imported from Taiwan, thats how they're supposed to be because they're t91 uppers.
>>
>>34894457
>>no shell deflector so they can't be shot from the left side
only you care about that hell spawn

would buy if not $600
>>
>>34894617
no, they're clones. some of the parts are correct and the gas block is not.

the shell deflector is a design defect and ought to be fixed regardless
>>
>>34894457

>no shell deflector

Well, i mean, that's how it's supposed to be. It's a T91. I'm a lefty, and I don't give a shit. Just man up and learn to shoot with the correct hand.
>>
>>34894691
why would you choose to buy a rifle that is not ambi when an ambi alternative is available?

shoot both sides regardless of your handedness
>>
>>34894742

Because most people buy and build ARs based off of aesthetics and not practicality?

Let's face it, regardless of all the arguing about what works better or what's more effective, 99% of AR users buy shit just because they think it looks cool.

The slickside upper is aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>34894783
This isn't about squeezing out the last 10% of effectiveness. I can and will shoot any firearm from either shoulder unless ejection prevents it.

It does look cool overall, but the lack of an effective deflector is horribly stupid and makes the design gimped beyond what I consider usable. There are plenty of other cool rifles out there which are much better options.

If and when they sort out their gas block issues I may pick one up and retrofit my own deflector.
>>
File: 1466662180910.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1466662180910.png
22KB, 300x188px
>>34895050
What are the issues with the gas blocks?
>>
>>34895216
Typical poor quality build issues and the fact that it doesn't have the accessory rail. The upper is finished and assembled in the US and some owners reported misaligned gas blocks/ports.

The gas block is not an original part, it's from some random casting they conjured for no apparent reason.

Another issue I forgot to mention is that they are no longer shipping with correct flash hiders. You can get ones like the original but they are allegedly airsoft parts.

Read up on the various threads around if you want to hear more. I've had an eye on this upper for a long time.
>>
File: 1496386727619.jpg (11KB, 195x175px) Image search: [Google]
1496386727619.jpg
11KB, 195x175px
>>34894668
>no, they're clones.
I'm going through every website I can find and they all say it's imported but with US made barrels installed.
>>
>>34895614
look harder. barrel blanks are taiwanese and they are rifled in the US. assembly is done in the US. the handguards are straight from the taiwanese arsenal at least
>>
>>34895676
So after an hour or so of looking around I found ONE video that claims the Wolf upper is made here in the States. Even then the comments are calling him out with one claiming to have called Wolf to verify that they were indeed imported from Taiwan with US barrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMn68wkD5Do

So either A) you've been misled or B) you made the video and/or are full of shit.
>>
>>34894668
The gas block is Taiwanese LE and Coast Guard spec.

>>34895676
Barrels are rifled and chambered in Taiwan and imported as blanks. They are then profiled, threaded, and nitride treated here to comply with import laws.

>>34894668
>>34895293
The gas block is Taiwanese LE and Coast Guard spec. If you actually shoot 556 instead cheaping out on 223 steel case, the brass deflector isn't even an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiu_8qlOp5w

The poor build quality can be traced back to the Tennessee jokers Wolf hired to complete the parts. I have no issues with mine.

Those issues are are less about the original design
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.