[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LEO/ Law Enforcement General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 38

File: 5737a8072d2b1.image.jpg (212KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
5737a8072d2b1.image.jpg
212KB, 1200x819px
PA State Trooper edition. Post your comments, criticisms, and snide remarks regarding federal, state, and local law enforcement.
>>
>>34893560
can you transition from state to federal leo jobs later in your career?
>>
>>34893610
Bump
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 620x350px
>>34893560
>>
>>34893610
yes, lots of people do actually. Youre not confined to whatever Department you intially start with. Just keep in mind
>dont tell whoever hired you first your intentions to do that, they spend a lot of money on you and if you say you'll quit when something else comes along they wont even bother
>most state and especially Federal LEOs require at least a bachleors degree in something
>make sure that something is actually useful for both a department and outside of LEO work in case that falls through, have a back up plan (DONT take criminal justice)
>you'll need to take a civil service test, and if youre former military, current LEO looking to advance or a minority/women you literally get extra points
>study for that test regardless, they pick from the top first and narrow it down
>things like being EMT certified or speaking another language look great, being a CCW holder doesnt mean shit
>IF you do get the chance to switch to state/feds, you'll most likely have to move and in the case of Fed start over career wise
>most guys dont want that when they have a sweet gig at their job so they pass it up
>>
>>34893560
Medford OR here. Police in my area are generally very rude. There's only one guy in the department who's very nice.

Dunno if it's just Medford or if police in the rest of Oregon are like this.
>>
File: 1496533811807.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1496533811807.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>tfw work in post office
>tfw all local cops know me and we always have positive interactions
>tfw might not get a ticket from them
>tfw one qt Puerto Rican cop always calls me "love"
>>
File: 1497025559049.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497025559049.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
no k is a progressive board cops are not allowed here
>>
>>34893560
What are your feelings towards other police officers you work with? Are there any outliers?

In my city some cops i see look like decent people, but others give me a "twitch wrong and ill shoot you" kinda vibe
>>
File: 1430946010185.jpg (6KB, 249x201px) Image search: [Google]
1430946010185.jpg
6KB, 249x201px
>probably going into the military after college
>will then become a police officer, fulfill my dream of being a detective
>really dont want to go through the process of being a patrol cop, writing tickets, dealing with druggies, #BLM and all that
>plus I dont want to be a narc or gang detective, and I know how overworked and under equipped an average detective can be
>might try to go right into the FBI if I can
>part of me still wants to get the title of detective, not Fed, but detective
idk I know it sounds silly but I just like the ring to it. Any know how the CID is for the army? I was talking to a recruiter about it and apparently I dont have to be an MP first and there is a dire need for them
>>
File: officer piggy.jpg (44KB, 481x720px) Image search: [Google]
officer piggy.jpg
44KB, 481x720px
>>34893560
What do boots taste like?
>>
File: IMG_20170817_182924953.jpg (3MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_182924953.jpg
3MB, 5344x3006px
I got a speeding ticket today
going 80 but the cop knocked it down to 75 in a 65
he also gave me a seat belt ticket which is weird cause I never wear it and it was the first time a cop ever bitched at me for it
>>
File: 1476502617019.gif (134KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1476502617019.gif
134KB, 393x393px
I was curious about both military and LEO at one point but with today's climate I don't think I want to

More power to those who do
>>
>>34893865
>muh epic nugget maymays! muh motherland!

Kill yourself wannabe anarchist faggot
>>
>>34893858
Honestly mate you're gonna have to do it. It's bread and butter policing. And if anything it'll probably make you a better detective for it.

Here in the UK Detective work is wank and can burn you out easily if you;re assigned to sex crimes.

One of my relatives ins a Detective Constable, she mentioned to me about the fact that some Detective units will just be office politics simulator.

And the worse area to work in is child sex crimes, since YOU have to watch those videos to write down and confirm what happened. It breaks people man.

Ultimately I suggest you get into your Military stint, see the world, learn new things and then when you transition into Policing you will go through two years probation, use that time to get a feel for how you'll like it.
>>
>>34893822
>you must be new here....
>>
File: zimmerman.jpg (37KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zimmerman.jpg
37KB, 1920x1080px
>>34893693
>Cant flim-flam the Dorner
>>
>>34893865
get rekt....
>>
Why would I want to criticize the people who protect me from fucking terrorist and other law breakers ?
>>
>>34893858
>dont have to be an MP first
yeah you don't. i'm not particularly knowledgeable on the subject, but you get a seminar when you in process at your unit. as far as i know, they have a list of requirements in order to apply. might be a good idea to ask a recruiter about jag stuff. you can put that training toward a criminal justice degree. cid is always recruiting though.
>>
File: 15z_CZ75B9mm_L_91102_01102.png (526KB, 1920x1435px) Image search: [Google]
15z_CZ75B9mm_L_91102_01102.png
526KB, 1920x1435px
Was a municipal cop for 3 years. Somewhere between a parking warden an a real police officer. Get to carry a barking iron, but most of the job was raising money for the municipal chest by hunting unsuspecting perps of petty crimes (parking on grass with two wheels, parking tickets, dog poop sacks...) and being city-paid private security on public events.

Was a real downer and got away as soon as I could, but I think back fondly to the days of doing nothing and being paid for cruising, napping, snacking and talking shit with like minded colleagues.

Arguing with assholes most of the time got equated with being appreciated a handful of times. If there wasnt pressure from higher ups regarding income, Id probably do the job to the rest of my days (assuming SOMEWHAT decent pay, the word reasonable is not applicable).

tl;dr lots of cops are assholes, plenty still are good guys tring to get by with some vanishing ideals maybe still left in their hearts
If I spoke the language of where I am now, and I could apply for citizenship, I would appy for a position immediately.
>>
>>34893954
Because they're not infallible, dickhead.
>>
>>34894058
> he's implying cops go around killing and beating people for no reason
Ahahhahahaha
>>
File: IMG_0600.jpg (44KB, 698x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0600.jpg
44KB, 698x481px
Any LEOS that work(ed) in a large inner city? Applying to one and have some questions.
>will I be fucked for being a minority that isn't a black/Hispanic/woman
>other than PT what should I focus on?
>how do you survive probationary period? City I'm applying to it's 18 months
>what do you know now you wish you had known in the academy
>how to avoid blue falcons
Thanks for any help
>>
11B wanting to become an FBI special agent when I get out, what should I know?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170815-071822.png (991KB, 2220x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170815-071822.png
991KB, 2220x1080px
Fuck the feds
Fuck the feds in the ass
With a red hot poker
Skulllfuck the widows of the feds
Fuck local PD
Let them all swing from the rope of liberty

TONS of love and respect for the State Troopers, the Sheriff and his deputies. #bluelivesmatter #TimothyMcVeigh
>>
File: IMG_0596.jpg (14KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0596.jpg
14KB, 239x239px
>>34893748
Thanks man.
>>
>>34893858
CID is a federal agency. They have some active duty working for them but majority of field agents are civvies.
>>
What rounds do you LEO's carry? For 9mm guys, do you use 124 grain +P? 147 grain? What do .40 guys carry?

I am new to concealed carry and I just picked up some 124 grain +P for my P10C. I'd like the opinions of professionals.
>>
>>34893896
>cop tickets you for breaking law
>weird

wut
>>
>>34894126
I have found that at least where I live (upstate NY) the local cops are a lot more laid back and nicer than the state troopers. Most troopers I know have a stick in their ass.
>>
>>34894118
If you ain't commissioned use GI bill to go to school. Regardless of your military experience you most likely aint getting in without a degree.
>>
>>34894220
Meant to respond to this post>>34893896

>>34893869
>>
>>34894102
Learn grappling techniques for when you need to disable someone before they become a liablility.
>>
File: 1492738609618.jpg (727KB, 990x1396px) Image search: [Google]
1492738609618.jpg
727KB, 990x1396px
can someone please explain to me why any sane person would ever want to become a pig?
>>
>>34894355
>>34893865

Still trying to get attention?
>>
>>34893858
Honestly man, not to sound like a dick, but you don't sound like you have the right personality for law enforcement and I would advise you to look into something else.
>>
Would I have a chance at being a police officer if I got arrested at 22 for shoplifting? I have not offended since then. It was almost 3 years ago.
>>
>>34894366
>its impossible that 2 different people could have a problem with American law enforcement
>>
File: IMG_2646.jpg (252KB, 1249x1010px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2646.jpg
252KB, 1249x1010px
It's a thankless job and you get no respect and merely decent pay. Nobody "gets" what I do and most of my day I can't talk about. But I like doing my job and wouldn't do anything else, it's definitely special. It is what you make of it: you can be a fat old mall cop or go undercover on federal cases and do high speed things. Best advice I can give is this: enlist in the military first, then if you survive you're ready for law enforcement.
>>
Ever come around Erie? We occasionally have Staties rolling around for a weekend or two at a time.

We usually assume it's the state doing the job our lazy locals can't.
>>
>>34894355
>25 year full benefit retirement
>tax benefits
>non cuck healthcare
>work 3-12 or 4-10 hour shifts
>get to beat spergs like you with a stick
idk why anyone would want to be a leo
>>
File: 1478814643827.jpg (80KB, 480x607px) Image search: [Google]
1478814643827.jpg
80KB, 480x607px
>>34893865
depends on what my girl wore that day, usually Doritos though
>>
>>34894427
Are you sure about that? I understand for some vets, law enforcement is a easy career choice and sometimes the only one where some skills translate. That being said, we probably shouldn't make it a habit of making prerequisite for LE being employed and trained to kill people.
>>
>>34894385
you dick
>>
>>34894413
Depends on the state laws and agency. Most agencies around here allow for prior misdemeanor convictions within reason. Some agencies have had hiring policies that read something like "If the conviction was between the age of 18-20, must be 3 years with no arrests before applying. If the conviction was for 21-25, must be 5 years with no arrests before applying. If the conviction was after the age of 26, applicant must have 7 years of no arrests before applying." something to that affect. Even if this isn't in policy, this will generally be the practice. Everything is factored in though. Severity of offense, age at the time vs age at application, reason for the offense, etc. A guy I got hired with who is a legit good dude, we were about 22 or so at the time, had a misdemeanor reckless driving conviction from when he decided to race another motorist at a red light and was initially charged with street racing. Obviously we do dumb stuff when we're teens and it was his only run in with the law so he was fine.

To be honest though, if you stole at 22 you're probably screwed.
>>
>>34894498
>That being said, we probably shouldn't make it a habit of making prerequisite for LE being employed and trained to kill people.
not everyone in the military is a grunt or a tier one operator....
>>
>>34894511
Forgot to mention my buddy was 16 when he got pinched for street racing.
>>
>>34894002
>>34894196
whats the day to day like for a CID? where would I be stationed, on a base or could I get my own place? Would I be able to bring my own personal firearms with me? Not for duty use, id assume Ill use a p320 as my sidearm. But if I join ill have to give all my guns to my best friend because my parents wont take proper care of them
>>
>>34894511
Yeah that's what I figured. The charge was dismissed (paid restitution and plead down to disorderly conduct) and the case was sealed but I don't think that will have any bearing on it. Interestingly enough, I WAS approved for full carry in New York. (Just not NYC, my pistol permit won't work there)
>>
>>34894521
Personal experience maybe. Lot of my family is in law enforcement and every cop I ever met that served, including my relatives, were either a grunt or combat arms.
>>
>>34893560
Any border patrol fags here? have a couple questions
>>
>>34894540
>whats the day to day like for a CID?
for a soldier working for CID, undercover work.
>where would I be stationed, on a base or could I get my own place?
base, barracks or family housing most likely.
>Would I be able to bring my own personal firearms with me?
they'd be stashed in the armory unless you have housing.
>Not for duty use, id assume Ill use a p320 as my sidearm.
you're probably not going to carry at all
>But if I join ill have to give all my guns to my best friend because my parents wont take proper care of them
i think you answered you own question from earlier.
>>
>>34894540
I would assume pretty similar to other Feds. My uncle was a CID Special Agent so he was a civvie. Field offices, bases, and attached to units overseas when required. Can't help you with what active duty in CID do. Might be similar or work in a sort of an embedded agent or liason between the army unit and civilian agents.
>>
File: MicahJohnsonAK-1.jpg (69KB, 636x703px) Image search: [Google]
MicahJohnsonAK-1.jpg
69KB, 636x703px
>>
>>34894587
What ? Note I work road patrol
>>
>>34893748
>>34893610

I've talked to about 12 federal recruiters over the summer, thanks to a class in criminal justice.

Apparently they see value in CJ or else they wouldnt have sent special agents from around the country to my smaller university in GA so they can talk for just 1 hour each to try and recruit people. A lot of them were former muhreens like me so they humored me and were more than happy to talk to me after their presentations.

From what I gathered from actually talking to them a Masters is more competitive, especially for DSS, USSS and FBI. They were saying that there are a lot of professionals now that quit there jobs to try and find "what they really wanted to do" or their "calling" so the applicant pool is much more competitive. The FBI recruiter said they had a ridiculous number of people with higher degrees, masters and doctorates and only had two people in their last class that just had bachelors.
>>
>>34894665
someone my dad knows is talking to me about applying. whats a day in the life like? I checked out the website and some jobs look cool but i dont want commit to something that im going to fucking hate. The idea of fucking with mexicans sounds really good to me, but i dont want to get sold on something badass to hate the it in the end
>>
>>34894720
as long as you dont mind releasing every illegal with water a GPS and an ice cream cone
>>
>>34894720
>fucking with mexicans
You do realize a good portion of BP agents in the south are Mexican themselves right?
>>
>>34894761
that actually pisses me off a bit.I'm not to found of them
>>
>>34894712
the Fed that I talked with put it to me like this. A CJ degree isnt entirely useless, but its just too vanilla to have that and nothing else right out of the gate. Being a veteran, current LEO or having a degree in something else (sciences,computer science, even English) are arguably better. A CJ degree will help you down the road but to get your foot in the door you want to juice up your resume. Im sure there is a plethera of people who are more qualified, but then it depends on what unit you want to be in, if youre willing to travel for it, how available to slots are, ect
youre just going to a bigger pond vs being a local town cop
>>
>>34894720
I work patrol , note
It's a pain in the ass some days a lot of what I do I ride around and check Pedro's papers at the local Home Depot , but other days it's ass loads of paper work like any other job , then some days it's a raid of sorts on a farm checking papers , so at the end of the day if you want patrol it's a lot of paper checking and paper work a friend of mine works in the field of you will he is basically in south Texas and basically tackles illegals all day then fills out paper work , the pay is alright I guess
>>
>>34894821
is there any chance to move up and actually do cool shit later on? Or is it just how you described it?
>>
>>34894544
Yea I mean if it's just a misdemeanor it shouldn't prohibit you even in the more restrictive states. That being said if you do go into law enforcement, just because it is sealed doesn't mean shit. TELL THEM UP FRONT about the charge, plea, conviction, and sealed record. Hide nothing. Too many people think "oh well it's expunged so it never happened" and then when they're asked by the background investigator or in the application "Have you ever been arrested?" or "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" you have to answer yes. Going into law enforcement is a complete surrender of your privacy and any secrets you have hid from anyone ever. Too many people say no in those situations and then get barred when the background check pops positive.
>>
>>34894981
Yes, that much I know. I was 100% open and honest about my arrest when I was in the pistol permit investigation process. I'd like to give it a try. Would I have to bring a copy of my disposition? I did submit one for my pistol permit. I have been wanting to leave NY and pursue a career in law enforcement in another state (probably TN).
>>
Why do so many cops get together with nurses?
>>
>>34894931
You basically have those 2 options patrol or field , the higher up you go the more paper work basically unless you go pilot route or dog route in which you check for drugs at the border
>>
>>34895035
they meet at hospitals
>>
>>34895014
Yea i mean always hold onto that kind of stuff. I'd say good luck but I really think you'll have a hard time getting hired man.
>>
>>34894385
This man is right you wanna be a detective then be picky about the cases you get. You're not Sherlock Holms m8.
>>
>>34893560
Fuck the NYPD. If I had a nickel for every one of those fucks I saw with a backwards optic on top of an ar15 I'd have a lot of nickels. Also they have a mandatory 12 pound trigger on both they're on duty and off duty guns. Trained professionals my ass.
>>
File: 1498240185391.jpg (35KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498240185391.jpg
35KB, 438x750px
>>34893560
Why do cops always have so much shit in their car? What if someone wants to ride in the passenger seat?
>>
>>34895072
>>34895072
I have a decent paying job with the postal service but I feel like this job won't last long enough for me to retire. I don't want to feel like I am going to lose my job for reasons beyond my control. The only thing I can see myself wanting to do is law enforcement.
>>
>>34895035
>Stressful, long days
>shifts that may require lot of overtime and at weird times of day
>jobs sometime require on call
>can regularly cross paths at work

Probably more similar schedules than anything else.
>>
>>34895124
Where I live, cops don't really have partners anymore.
>>
Honest question here. Not trying to troll or start shit.

>"Do you mind if I search your vehicle?"
>"Yes, I do. I'm not trying to make your job difficult, I'd just rather not."
>"What are you trying to hide? What, you think you're some kind of hot shot lawyer or something? Why are you acting nervous? I guess we'll just wait for the dogs to get here."
>searches car
>finds nothing
>gets pissed
>writes me ticket for something incredibly petty

Why do you do this? Do you just really want to find some drugs? Are genuinely suspicious of me? do you just not like my face and want to fuck with me?

I can't tell you how many times that shit has happened to me or people I know. I'm a clean cut white guy too. Super polite and respectful, yes sir/no sir type of person. I get it if it's some sketchy nigger or something, but I'm honestly curious what you get out of doing that to people.
>>
>>34895162
A combination of boredom, power trip, and that some departments have ticket quotas that dictate the minimum number of tickets an officer should write in a week.
>>
File: 1475626713529.jpg (393KB, 1011x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1475626713529.jpg
393KB, 1011x1435px
>>34895161
Sad!
>>
>>34895162
Generally I hear if your car looks like a stereotype gangstas car or even just beat the fuck up they are generally more inclined to search you , this is all second hand info
>>
>>34895237
TBQH I'd consider that more common knowledge at this point
>>
>>34895260
Just spreading info I heared that could be true or not , nothing more
>>
>>34894288
Good idea. I used to wrestle and played football but you're right. I'm going to start taking bjj class to learn.
>>
>>34894102
Yes.
Finding another department.
Keep your head low and don't be proactive, it'll get you fucked nowadays.
How shit big cities are.
You can't, they're everywhere, and they end up passing promotional exams to become your boss too.
Go find a small town to work in.
>>
>>34895788
I appericiate your candor anon.
>>
>>34893869
Wear your fucking seat belt
>>
File: 1502160662934.png (854KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
1502160662934.png
854KB, 600x887px
>>34893858

Detective here. Lol, I was the same way.

Pro tip: Go for a small town. Think 150K-200K people. Big enough to advance. Small enough that you don't have to deal with a LOT of those demographics.

Also,

>Tickets aren't so bad. Some guys loved it and only did that. It was boring sometimes and yes. I would totally skate some days and do jack shit after writing 5-6 tickets

And watch out. I once got into trouble for being too passive and handing out warnings at my first station in a REALLY small town (Estillene, Texas). I accused them of trying to make quotas and told them they're the reason people hate coming through. Was promptly fired one month later, lmao. This was 2007.

Same dickhead is still the Sheriff of that piss poor town. People often joke that it's his tickets that keep the population of 150 afloat. But hey, I had to start somewhere.

Also, patrols & busts aren't bad. If anything, I had more fun on PRDS's than anything. In the 5 years I did that, I only had two close calls. Actually drew my gun less than 50 times.

Bums aren't that bad. Neither are druggies. Just don't turn your back on them and treat them like humans.

Also, Alphabet agencies are utter shit. Fuck them.

I'm in my third and biggest PD now as a Detective for 3 years. To be honest, it's boring as fuck. Paper work and occasionally leaving to do paperwork outside your office. But I feel like I've done too much to leave it all and that I'd be wasting a lot of time if I were to go back to doing VTDP's and patrol. At this point I'm just wanting to get past middle management and into something higher.
>>
>>34896737
I enjoyed reading your post and thought i would let you know i did.
>>
>>34896926

Thanks. It was poorly written and I've had too much to drink. Could be better but I'm glad it gave some insight.
Speaking of, there's literally nothing worst than an on-duty hangover. Fuck. You'll find most PD's are filled to the brim with a 50/50 mix of supreme / C L E A N / and straight edge folks and fratty party hardy wife swap and used to do drugs types. Get in good with both big groups and you'll be fine.

>One time I went drinking hard with the later group and ended up napping/sipping Monsters off the highway while puking every hour from a night of heavy drinking

This is also why I hate tequila now. Fucking terrible choices. But it got me in and that group of guys always had my back.
>>
>State troopers

How does it feel being a glorified meter maid because you don't have the stones for urban police work?
>>
Do all minorities get brownie points or just black/hispanics/women?
>>
>>34897081

Some people just don't want to deal with niggers, bud. Can't blame them.

>T. Constable
>>
>>34893869
Seriously Anon, wear your seatbelt. As a trucker I see all the stupid shit you 4-wheelers do on a daily basis. All it takes is one instant of you being your normal pants-on-head retarded self, that everybody with a Class E liscence is, for you to get yourself killed or fucked up on my taxpayer's dime.
>>
File: PA SP.jpg (302KB, 1238x957px) Image search: [Google]
PA SP.jpg
302KB, 1238x957px
>>34893560
>>
>>34897197
>>34896228
fuck you I'm not wedding it now bucked fuck you
>>
>>34893560
I want to be a fish and game warden, I am a senior with a CJ degree, I currently work for a defense contractor. I just want to be out in the woods man..... Is it as competitive as I hear?
>>
>>34896737
>Estillene, Texas
>http://amarillo.com/crime-and-courts/local-news/news/2017-06-02/estelline-police-chief-arrested-improper-sexual
Jesus christ, Anon.
>>
>>34897933
>tfw over where I am Park Rangers require both a Police Studies diploma AND a biology degree, on top of the odds of you getting hired basically being non-existent since you pretty much have to wait for someone to die for a position to open
Damn shame, I honestly cannot imagine a more /k/-tier career choice, literally getting payed to grab gun and go innawoods.
>>
>>34898022
wew
>>
The only reason I thought about being a cop is to circumvent MA's shitty gun laws.

Are there law enforcement positions that I can fill, that aren't beat cop, dealing with domestic violence, murders, rapes, shit like that.
>>
i'm a cop

ama
>>
>>34898953
>i'm a cop
>in a cop thread
Whoop-de-fucking-doo
Come back when you're some super sekret agent or someshit, half the posters in the thread are probably cops.
>>
>>34898953
How does it feel knowing you sit around on your fat ass all day and write speeding tickets when there are good amounts of drug crime happening all around you, and you have no idea because you're too stupid to get a real job?
>>
>>34898960
I never wrote speeding ticket in my life, and barely do any traffic tickets. That's not my job
>>
>>34898964
>I never wrote speeding ticket in my life
Thanks for proving my "too stupid to get a real job" theory.
>>
>>34898953
Am I being detained?!?
>>
>>34898969
except it basically goes against your "theory" but whatever
>>
>>34898960
>>34898969
>fug da boleez

I remember when I was 13.
>>
>>34898978
yes
>>
>>34898979
No, I mean in the sense that your grammar is atrocious. I guess since that went right over your head, you can put 2 tally's in my column.

>>34898981
Police are a vital part of society, what the fuck are you on about? It just so happens that most of them are idiots like the other guy I'm replying too.
>>
>>34898991
woo dude has made an grammatical error on 4chan, must be an idiot for sure
>>
>>34898991
I can't say for certain if the guy your responding to is an idiot or not, but you're an uninstigated asshole. You have no idea what he does daily or his personal successes and struggles. We're all folks just trying to make our way in this world the best we know how.
>>
>>34899007
It's not hard to type. Nor is it hard to spell check. So is he dumb, or lazy?

>>34899008
Yeah, just roll with the punches Ghandi. Just try'na make our own wayyyy mannnnn. I'm an ass hole to cops because even though I recognize their vital function as a form of safety and control in our society, most of them are human just like you and me, except they pretend to be above you because they passed their community college classes and squeaked through the academy. They also exercise "discretion" and decide who to give tickets to, not based on the crime, but the persons in the vehicle.
>>
>>34893560

I'm in the bastard red headed branch of LE , I'm a CO. Go ahead with questions , ridicule ect. ect.
>>
File: up-homme_lrg.jpg (36KB, 460x356px) Image search: [Google]
up-homme_lrg.jpg
36KB, 460x356px
>>34893560

>Heal them, like fire from a gun
>Kneeling, my god is the Sun
>>
>>34899029

So now your projecting that all LEO have a mightier than thou complex? I'm sure your a blast at parties and community events.
>>
>>34899035

State or Fed?
>>
>>34899057
You're*
I don't got to parties, I study basic grammar in my spare time so I don't make mistakes that should have been taught to you in elementary school.
>>
>>34899059

State.

>>34899061

So going to answer the question or evade it?
>>
>>34899066

How're the gangs in your prison?
>>
>>34899066
What question? Do I think all LEO's have a superiority complex? No of course not, that's a blanket statement and a fallacy. Just most of them.
>>
>>34899035
Why is your spacing ao fucking faggy?
>>
>>34899035
What's the weirdest thing you've found up a butt?

One of my coworkers was a CO, and told me this story
>Watching the unit one night
>inmate hobbles up to him and passes him a note, then goes back to bed
>CO opens the note
>"This sounds nuts, but I need to go to the hospital"
>CO calls the inmate over
>What's going on?
>I got an apple stuck
>Stuck where?
>In my ass
>In your ass?
>In my ass
>Why is there an apple stuck in your ass?
>I don't want to talk about it
>Bend over
>Sure enough, there's an apple stuck in his ass, stem sticking out of it and all
>CO calls over his sergeant
>Yep, that's an apple
>Sergeant calls over the Lieutenant
>Yeeeeeep
>Okay, lets go to the hospital
>Inmate has to lie on his stomach the whole way there
Never did find out why it was up his ass or who put it there.
The most exciting things I find up asses on the PO side of things is crack.
>>
>>34899073

GD''s are OK but like to cause shit here and there , more now since our Norteños are having an alliance with the skin heads. Sorteños are coming in and scared shitless because of the bad blood with our very large Norteño group and getting stabbed/beaten almost weekly.

Overall were down 100+ people , pulling 60hr weeks now , fights are worse , slashing and stabbings are so overly high and drugs are flowing. Bright side the rape is higher due to consent for drugs than for pleasure of one of them.
>>
>tfw wife is a cop
>tfw yells at me for speeding even though 10 over is the norm out here and they don't even pull you over until 15 or 20 over
>>
File: 1501983291413.jpg (30KB, 458x431px) Image search: [Google]
1501983291413.jpg
30KB, 458x431px
>>34899084

Phone be bitch.

>>34899086

Here's one for butt.

> Working in segregation
> conducting showers as normal
> get called over the radio
> "CO anon , report to the cpts office 10-38"
> fuck
> reach there and get told to sit on a offender who was placed on crisis watch
> reach there and there's two guys
> fuck , now 6 hours of dick watching
> everything is going slow
> guy sleeping other is in the toilet
> I wonder why is he on the toilet for a hour
> watch closer
> this man shoved so far 3/4ths of a roll of TP in his ass
> he was there breaking up pieces, dunking them in water then shoving them in his ass for a hour.
> watch as he finished with the whole roll , cardboard tube included
> he stands up , dose a little shimmy then sleeps
> what the fuck .... did that happen ...
> all that time looking over at the other guy periodically to make sure he is ok
> his sheets were moving looking like he was jacking it
> goes on for a while then stops
> 1 hr left on shift
> feeding time
> guy 1 who had the roll of paper up his ass stands up to get food , when he bends over to get it a plop sound rings across the still dayroom
> he screams "shit!!!!!" As he shits out the whole roll of bloody shitty TP , large clumps hitting the floor and before it ended farting a mini confetti ploom of water , blood and shit in his cell and on his bed.
> try not to laugh , look at the other guy
>the whole night guy#2 had 2 spork handles in his ass masterbating with it.

I was still laughing when I went out of work because it was just so damn odd. Worse was the bundle of TP and sporks a black guy shoved in his penis and I almost sprayed with .7 because he was self harming but didn't since he stopped.

Shits crazy in a crazy house.
>>
>>34898022

HAHAHAHAH, WHAT THE FUCK THATS HIM THAT SORRY BASTARD

SEE /k/!?!?!? THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T GO *TOO* SMALL TOWN, HAHAHAH!!!!
Holy shit. I cannot believe it. What the fuck.
>>
>>34893918
>have to watch the videos
Sounds like the perfect job for a /b/tard
>>
>>34897450
Sexy
>>
SC probation&parole here. Fuckin love my job.
>>
>>34899430
What do you do exactly? What's your typical day like?
>>
>>34898958
I'm not a cop
>>
>>34899103
Do you ever have her cuff you while fooling around haha

Asking for a friend haha
>>
>>34893560
which barracks?

how fast do i need to be going to get pulled over in a 65?
>>
File: IMG_7995.jpg (93KB, 495x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7995.jpg
93KB, 495x460px
>>34893560
Be me
>go to take woman her stuff for work
>suddenly see headlights turn on from side of road
>then see red/blue
>going speed limit but only one on road
>PA statie pulls me over for "broken" tail light
>asks for license and reg says my tail light is out
>okay
>PA statue comes back screaming about my LtCF
>"anon why didn't you inform me?!"
>"until you ask I don't have to tell under commonwealth law, didn't think that had anything to do with a tail light"
>where is it
>tell them where and they grab it
>"step out of the car anon"
>spend the next half hour doing every drug test
WasteHisTime2016.exe
>I'm told I'm free to go
>asked to open my rear window
>cop literally throws the gun against the opposite window in my car
>as they walk away hear cop say to his buddy
"God damnit, this muther fucker was clean"

> watch them pull over literally the next person we see on the road as I continue on my way

Turns out my tail light wasn't broken either
>mfw
>>
>>34898953
What's the minimum MPH over the speed limit will you pull someone over for?
>>
>>34899484
Take reports. Do court stuff. Serve some warrants. Do some home visits. Do a shit load of paperwork. Do some more paperwork.

Perks: probation officers in SC are full-blooded cops, 8-5 Monday to Friday hours, paid holidays, state benefits/retirement

Cons: 'real' cops make fun of you, state politics
>>
>>34899673
that's what pigs do
>>
>>34899673
This is why I'm glad that I'm not black.
>>
File: gun sounds.gif (219KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gun sounds.gif
219KB, 500x375px
thought on "day or the blue rope"?
>>
>>34899673
Sounds legit. How many times did you call him a pig?

>>34899707
Not him, but I'm a cop in some infamously shitty projects.
I don't pull people over unless they do something so god damn retardedly reckless that I find myself yelling in my car "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"
Then I write them for reckless driving and let insurance do the raping for me.

>>34899727
>real cops
No such thing anymore. Proactive cops get raped nowadays when their city throws them under the bus for doing their jobs to save political face. Best course of action these days is being an empty suit. Enjoy it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw

Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>34899838
>implying insults are necessary
nothing triggers cops like armed civilians
>>
>>34899874
Doesn't bother me one bit.
I've even let go of easy gun collars even though they were breaking my state law in principle by having CCW permits from out of state.
>>
>>34899910
cops always think they're saints because of the things they don't do but could have done.
>>
>>34899869
insurance companies will probably fuck him with 10 or 20% fault if they saw that video for some nonsense about not de-escalating it or whatever
On my report it'd go down as pick-up minding his own business, camaro driving erratically tries to overtake on the shoulder and loses control, and if he's still alive, he'll get arrested too.

>>34899940
I don't think I'm a saint, but I do think you're an ass. Hopefully you have the presence of mind to bite your tongue next time you get stopped.
>>
>>34899985
>"you're an ass"
>*makes threats*
>>
File: IMG_8093.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8093.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34899752
Indeed
>>34899766
Who said I was?
>>34899838
0 because that guy came to my job the next day to buy food.. his food hit the floor before being served to him.
>>
File: IMG1977111704.jpg (102KB, 660x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG1977111704.jpg
102KB, 660x659px
>>34900016
>firm suggestion to be polite
>"threats"
God damn, no wonder cops hate you, anon
>>
>>34898985
I AM A FREE INHABITANT
>>
>entertained the idea of being a police officer
>was a shitbag as a younger kid though- as a result of my past I have a general discharge from the army and a couple of hand tattoos
>however, have also worked in the fire department for 5 years in my old town as a volunteer/call member
>have a spotless record
>haven't been a stupid hooligan since I was 19

I'm going to assume that even if I got my tats removed or covered, I'd have a really hard time getting into a dept with my discharge. Think there's hope if I apply to a small town? I didn't get booted from the army because I did anything wrong or illegal, I was just injured and they gave me the option to either quit or recycle, and I decided to quit cause I was a dumb 18 year old kid with no real world experience.
>>
>>34900062
yeah, it's not a threat if the "or else" is only implied.

you should kill yourself
>>
>>34900090
t. free inhabitant

:^)
>>
>>34900107
I wish I was free
>>
>>34900085
Other than honorable discharge is going to disqualify you from almost every police department out there.
You might still have a shot at something like a special patrolman or auxiliary Officer, but these are all shitty part time or seasonal things.
>>
I'm gonna land a Homeland Security Major. What districts value this? Is it really a meme?
>>
>>34900127
Yeah, I figured as much. I guess my best bet is to just try- I've got a few people who are held pretty highly in regard in my state that I know would back me up, but even then I'm sure it'd be an uphill battle. I'm not gonna get too optimistic
>>
>>34895106
thats more the bureaucrats who run the NYPD then the cops themselves. Ive shot the infamous 12lb trigger glocks and It wasnt that bad. I mean, it was obviously shit compared to something lighter but it it was a crisp break and recent, just heavy as fuck. Id also carry the sig or smith and wesson over the glock 19 if I had to carry something with a trigger like that
>>
>>34895085
theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a specific kind of detective either m8
id raher work in a unit like sex crimes or missing persons then narcotics or gang bangers personally. It might be a lot heavier shit but at least Ill care about the people I work with
>>34893858
pro tip, only the bigger departments have special units. Smaller ones often combine there forces because they dont have the numbers. My first LEO job was in my home town and we only had one detective division. So we did it all. Robberies, rapes, drugs, ect
>>
>>34900127
Also, side note: it's not an OTH- it's just described as a general separation or an entry level separation. I've been told bay it's neither good nor bad, and it doesn't bar me from anything as far as my rights go- I'm able to purchase firearms from FFLs, I have a LTC, etc etc. I still doubt that it does much to help with my desire to be an LEO but I figured I'd describe the exact discharge just in case
>>
I want to be LE, and I'm going to briefly explain my situation so some advice would be appreciated
>Planned to go military after I graduated highschool, then go LE afterwords
>End up getting fucking braces my senior year of highschool, can't enlist with braces
>Its been a little over 2 years since then, I turn 21 in February
>Didn't bother with college although in hindsight I kinda wish I had just gone to community college or something
> Now that I'm getting my braces off probably early 2018, I kind of want to just get my damn life started and go LE right away and skip the military

Is this advisable or even feasible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Tips on the polygraph? From the information I gathered it seems like its more of a test to see if you can keep your story straight rather than if you are telling the truth or not. Should I admit to smoking pot once or should i say no?
>>
>>34899869
Honestly I'm glad the guy in the pickup got reked too
>>
>>34894413
Probobly irrelevant but whatd ya take?
>>
>>34893858
You sound like some faggot who wants to larp as a detective. You want to do 0 of the actual police work. Just want to show up in your shitty suit and fedora looking to solve the big case.
>>
>>34900669
All you have to do to beat the polygraph is stay calm. There's no real way for it know you're lying unless you fuck up.
>>
>>34901306
A buddy of mine who got picked up by the academy said to stick with your story and don't trip over your own words.
>>
>tfw can't be a cop in chicago because of the blue line
>>
>>34899673
>>suddenly see headlights turn on from side of road
>>then see red/blue
>>going speed limit but only one on road
>>PA statie pulls me over for "broken" tail light
Where the hell was this? Driving on highways for work, I barely see traffic duty and even then, they don't pull unless there's really stupid speeding. Maybe it's just a particular troop doing this bullshit?
>>
>>34901770
It's a sperg on 4chan embellishing what happened to make himself sound infallible and the cops sound like gestapo, what else is new?
Somebody ought to post the /mlp/ meets polizei shit
>>
>>34900669
>Should I admit to smoking pot once
>snitching on yourself
kek you're an idiot. Why would you tell on yourself, that mumbo jump lie detector shit is just shit they use to try and get you to admit to shit or trip you up from your PPQ they have you fill out pre poly. Smh you young niggas stupid af.
>>
>>34895235

You're under arrest motherfucker

(They'll be paintball or airsoft guns they're holding, though. Or some other less lethal option).
>>
>>34893784
Snek is a cute
A CUTE!
>>
Do any of you actually try to do something about all the cops who shoot unarmed Americans?
>>
>>34899869
100% camaro
>>
>>34903146
no because 9 times out of 10 they fucking deserved it you mongrel.

if you reach into your pocket you're likely going to get shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=884W4l3eoQg
thats how quick it can happen

you're bottom of the barrel stupid and I pray you're trolling, if not please consider offing yourself in the same way

apologizes for cnn link
>>
>>34899061
>I don't got to parties
I don't go to parties*
OMG you made a mistake! You're a fucking idiot and now all your arguments are invalid!
>>
>>34903567
What about the 1 time out of 10 they don't?
Do you still defend their thin blue dick or do you do the right thing and condemn excessive use of force?
>>
>>34903567
Guy should have finished the job
>>
File: IMG_0835.png (213KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0835.png
213KB, 500x733px
>>34903657
>do you do the right thing and condemn excessive use of force?
>do the right thing
Look at this loaded bs question. Regardless, I find excessive force hilarious and amusing because it's not happening to me.
>>
>>34904660
Just more proof that there's no such thing as a good cop
>>
File: texas shooting 2016 02.webm (718KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
texas shooting 2016 02.webm
718KB, 1920x1080px
>>34904660
same
>>
>>34898022
>http://amarillo.com/crime-and-courts/local-news/news/2017-06-02/estelline-police-chief-arrested-improper-sexual

>Sheriff Mike Pigg
>Pigg

Why would you ever go into LE with a name like that?
>>
>>34904757
>Why would you ever go into LE with a name like that?

How could he not?
>>
>>34904757
I worked with a cop with a last name of Ham before. It was unfortunate to begin with, but I had to do an overtime detail with him at a Bacon festival once.
I almost felt bad, but I was too busy laughing my ass off.
>>
>>34904687
>im retarded
Good job anon
>>
>>34904687
Not even a cop, breh
>>
>>34893560
Josh Homme is a State Trooper?
>>
>>34905074
Impersonating an officer is a crime
>>
>>34894218
I carry a .40 and use 180gr Speer Gold Dot. I'm told thats what most feds carry.
>>
File: 1501804589343.jpg (15KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1501804589343.jpg
15KB, 322x322px
>>34900229
bumping for advice.
>>
>>34893858
youd make a terrible detective if you had no experience in patrols
>>
File: 1478623004187.gif (4MB, 362x271px) Image search: [Google]
1478623004187.gif
4MB, 362x271px
>just want to help people, shoot guns, drive cars and catch pieces of shit
>cops make next to nothing, are vilified by society, forced to patrol in some gang controlled slum and half are retarded as a result of the above
Rip my life goal
>>
File: Vic cops1 - AAP-1.jpg (2MB, 3079x1726px) Image search: [Google]
Vic cops1 - AAP-1.jpg
2MB, 3079x1726px
>>34907498
move to australia and be a cop here bro

>extremely high pay with no uni degee
>lower crime rate than murica
>BLM barely exists

still have to deal with shit cunts all the time though
>>
>>34907608
But then you have to live in the liberal hell that is Australia, think I'll pass. Then again the rural central part is probably comfy and wild west-y as fuck.
>>
>>34907498
How does it feel knowing you do nothing to prevent crime and nobody feels safe around you?
>>
>>34904687
genuinely kys free inhabitant

>if its legal in your state :^)
>>
>>34894712
Currently majoring in CJ what are some better alternative degrees for LEO?
>>
>>34907731
That's the thing though, a few trigger happy retards gun down some gud boi and now everybody's scared of cops, they don't feel safe around them. Plus all the stupid laws you have to enforce make you even less likable.
>>
What do cops think of anti establishment racially and jew aware white people?
>>
>>34893954
Whats a terrorist? Someone who uses violence or intimidation against civilians and government in pursuit of political power. Pretty soon being pro white will be considered terrorism. The government wasicced acting like terrorists when they had a stand off with Randy weaver.
>>
if some one where to qualify with a single action .357 like a ruger new vaquero or something and use it as thier sidearm, how much would they get bullied?

what about a plain jane 1911? like a ww2 repro or something.

a-asking for a friend
>>
>>34899101
So prison isn't quite like the movies make it out to be. How are the white guys in there?
>>
>>34899142
Haha wtf man. Guy number 2 especially.
>>
>>34899191
Don't you love finding out about people you know on here?
>>
File: iwa5bjjficon.png (42KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
iwa5bjjficon.png
42KB, 300x359px
Got recruited, leaving for the academy next week

what to expect
>>
>>34908820
y-you too?

....wcjc?
>>
>>34899191
kek
>>
So for copfags got a question.

A few years ago a few of my mates and me were killing a handle of fireball. About 2am when everyone was passing out I decided I needed to get home because I worked in the morning and would not have enough time from the house I was currently at during traffic.

Driving without swerving and doing the limit but cherries light up and I pull over. I am fucked. I am drunk and I know it. Officer tells me he pulled me over for a broken head light. Asks for license and proof of insurance. I don't have it. I am saying my words very very carefully but I know for a fact I was reeking of whiskey and I slurred one or two words. He let me off with a warning.

Did I just get lucky or do you guys not care or cannot cite unless I am stumbling?
>>
Honorable discharge from military, never done drugs, associates degree, what are my odds of being picked up for the academy

Juggling between going back to school or being a cop, something I wanted to do since I was a kid, just don't want to waste my time.
>>
>>34908929
lucky bastard, i hope that one pair of shitty underwear was enough for you to learn your lesson
>>
>>34908941
Underwear? I have to get a new driver seat.

To be fair I was very very fucking focused. I was pulled over not because I was drunk but a head light. If it was working correctly I would not even be pulled over in the first place.
>>
Is there any way for someone with a theft 2 class C felony and a couple of misdemeanors to become a police officer if he has restored his gun rights and is about to expunge the record. Google says yes but I figured I'd inquire here to see what you cops think. I would be happy with just a Correctional officer position. Maybe move up from there? Either way I have gun rights restored and have a CCW.
>>
>>34894540
I'm shipping next month with a CID select contract.

We use the M11 Sig

Honestly though, you sound a little unhinged. Not sure if this line of work is for you. No offense.
>>
>>34900085
I had an ELS from Marines. Ragequit boot camp essentialy.

It's all who you know, anon.
>>
>>34909100
I'm sure it's technically possible anon, but it'll be tough. I mean, if I were hiring I would take the guy without the felony pretty much every time
>>
>>34909100
My dad is almosy retired from LE now. He had a felony at 19. He was hired at 35ish. Took a long time but he got it. Started at the jail for a bit and got on the local PD.

Keep trying man.
>>
>>34893869
I hope you get ejected out of your car in a 75 mph crash
>>
>>34894498
I heard it's better for cops to have military experience deciding whether or not to kill someone in a high-stress situation than have absolutely none.
>>
>>34893560
Is there a reason I'm seeing so many of you guys on the road recently? It's not even the end of the month yet.
>>
>>34910152
Could be back to school speed enforcement in school zones.
>>
>>34910119
Cops having military experience is just another step towards increasing the military police state that we basically have already.

I know most people wouldn't want their policeman to be some tamed killer from the war turned loose on the public.
>>
>>34908231
I'm looking to go into the FBI.
Majoring in Computer Science, emphasis on system security. Minoring in Business focused on auditing.
Really, for maximum meta I should have switched the two.

Keep in mind you should have other stuff too.
Currently I'm an intern at a defense company and thinking about doing a military stint after.
>>
>>34894102
>any minority gets points, only white bois get fucked
>community relations, it sounds lame but take a sociology course and get some perspective. the first thing that dies for any cop/firefighter or EMT is empathy. Also grappling like the other guy said
>do whatever your FTO says, dont be afraid to ask questions and too proud to admit you need help or fucked up. Being humble is a great trait
>almost everything they teach you is important, you dont think it is but there is a method to the madness. Pay attention to detail and take everything seriously
>they will make themselves known, as will the cry babies, the retards, the pricks, ect. just avoid them. Everyone will be awkward and trying to prove something, which doesnt bring out the best in people. Give a person the benefit of the doubt until you settle in but if they keep it up drop them
>>
>>34908231
>>34910379
anything you could swing to the recruiter as useful. Obviosuly a degree in something science related, accounting, computers, politics (I knew a dude that went into the secret service with that), but ive also seen people with a fucking English degree get it, saying they could write field reports. Really what helps is experience and/or extra activities or volunteer work, added with any college degree that not a art/dance type of thing. And even then its a crap shoot, depending on what they are specifically looking for and if youre willing to relocate for it. Everyone wants to be a fed until they might send you half way across the country
>>
File: glock .40s.jpg (242KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
glock .40s.jpg
242KB, 1350x900px
>>34908717
depends on the department, usually county police are more relaxed in what they allow you to use, municipal agaencies have an approved list
>h..hey could I carry my speical snowflake 1911?
>get fucked heres a glock 22
I dont think anyone would bully, some might even think its cool or at worst you'll get the cops that dont know shit about guns and tease you but man the fuck up and deal with it. Ive seen cops with glocks, then 1911s, berettas, HKs and so on. I will recomend not carrying anything too fancy as a duty gun. Theres a reason why everyone uses glocks or glock clones. I dont care how scraped by glock gets when I scuffle with somebody, or if a magazine breaks I can get a new one at the armory. I cant do that with my own personal sidearm and dont want to beat them up so I save them for my personal time
>>
>>34909767
>We use the M11 Sig
could you bring your own firearm? Is it true what others are saying we're youre sort of a civie working for the military?

and are you eligible to join other units? Like could I be CID in the 82nd airborne
>>
File: SleepingCop.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SleepingCop.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>34893560
>>
>>34910813
I like how you keep asking if you can bring your own gun when they've clearly said no. You're fucking weird, something's not right. Anon is correct you're a bit unhinged.
>>
File: lvmpd.png (74KB, 1857x967px) Image search: [Google]
lvmpd.png
74KB, 1857x967px
>>34908717
Like the other guy said depends on the department. Cops in my county all are forced to carry a glock 17,21, or 22 depending on department.

Las Vegas Metro PD has a crazy approved list. I've heard they have a similar one for shotguns and rifles. There isn't even a probationary period to be able to carry a rifle on duty so long as you can qualify once a month with it and other firearms.
>>
>>34894002
It's not eligible for an off the street enlistment, you have to volunteer once you're in. I know you make E5 once you get out of training for it.
>>
>>34893560
ACAB
>>
File: IMG_0882.jpg (63KB, 638x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0882.jpg
63KB, 638x454px
How do I into a State Police special operations group, like PA's SERT?
>>
>>34911204
That's very brave to say anonymously over the internet.
>>
Are LEOs generally right wing? Would they side with Antifa in then civil war?
>>
>>34896737
good bread for civvie ned
>>
>>34911503
>civil war
LEOs are on the government's side: the organization they receive their pay from. The "civil war" (sporadic violent acts) waged between 20-something year old political extremists would be considered a danger to the general public and subsequently suppressed.
>>
>>34911503
Why would any sane law officer forfeit their career to fight with goons?
>>
>>34911193
It is if you have a bachelor's. It's a selection process like OCS now.
>>
How many niggers have you all shot in the past month? Doing God's work
>>
Any Canada bros? Still debating over applying to CPS, EPS and/or RCMP. Definitely hoping for one of the first two but they prefer 25+. I will have a bachelor's in a year. Thoughts?
>>
>>34910379
Is a cyber security degree just a meme? Will it be better just to get a degree in computer science?
>>
>>34910895
but could I bring my own firearms?
>>
>>34897450
Am i the only one who thinks pretty much any cop car looks sexy.
>>
>>34912847
fuck off undercover antifa
>>
This is one that you guys might be able to answer.

What are the legalities of having a patch one's plate carrier that said 'POLICE' or 'MARSHALS" or "EMT" even if you are not part of any of those organizations? It isn't an attempt to trick first responders in order to hurt them but to avoid being shoot in a crazy situation. Would LEO even pause if they saw that kind of patch on someone with a rifle?
>>
>>34893560
Sooooo

I'm a Research Analyst right now in Northern Virginia, I just started (full time salary) after interning there for a year. I hate it. It's the most unfufilling shit I've ever experienced in my life.

So I put an app in to a NOVA PD and received a conditional offer of employment .. I'm asking any LEO professionals here if its worth it.

I guess I'm on that journey to discover a career that's fulfilling. I don't really care about pay that much.

Is it worth it for someone in my position to do this. I studied intelligence and government in college and my initial goal was to transition to federal but I think I overestimated the amount of experience I possess.

I think I'm just rambling but it's a big decision for me.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>34914298
Honestly, in my experience (which is limited, the internship is my first 'real' job) it wont make a difference.
It's more about your past experience and who you know + a bit of charm and luck.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.