[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

File: conor mcgregor.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
conor mcgregor.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Any /k/ approved guides or youtube challenges that will teach you how to fight. Not to box, but to go all out in a fight.

>inb4 concealed carry
>inb4 carry a knife

I want to learn how to fight, that's it.
>>
learn krav maga
don't be afraid to gouge some eyes out
>>
>>34892731
You can't really learn to fight from a video. There are so many foundational things you have to learn, like stance, weight placement, hip movement, none of which you will correctly pick up from a video if you're starting with no knowledge.
>>
>>34892731
>>>/asp/
>>
>>34892758
Is this really the best martial art?
>>
>>34892804
no, but it's practical and if you get someone who isn't a scam artist to teach you, it's got some good no-bullshit techniques that might just save your life
t. learned krav maga in the army (not israel)
>>
>>34892799
This

learn from a coach
>>
>>34892817
JEW!!!!!
>>
>>34893164
screencapped
>>
>>34892731
MCMAP training manual is the best guide to the basics I've found laying around. Supplementing it with some youtube videos for learning how to do a specific move can be helpful. Be sure to practice though, key is to build fighting techniques in to muscle memory so you can actually use them IRL. For this a training partner is indispensable, but one can certainly learn the basics of delivering various strikes and such with a heavy bag. You'll just be much less prepared for an actual altercation.
>>
>>34892731
Stick to martial arts that haven't been developed for sport or point fighting.

Sambo and krav make America great again come to mind.

The most important thing about a real fight is to not let your opponent get close enough to hit you, and to swing first. I think chael sonnen did that to some guy and everyone thought he was an asshole, but he was right. Don't let an aggressive violent person have a chance to be violent against you.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1007KB, 455x253px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1007KB, 455x253px
WE AINT GONNA FIGHT OUR GUNS GONNA FIGHT
>>
>>34893164
>>34893190
samefag
>>
File: IMG_9743.jpg (1MB, 1134x3996px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9743.jpg
1MB, 1134x3996px
>>34892731
Get a coach but these videos might help supplement your training
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGO31XqkevM
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP-FIhaSeqyq6uSy0zORK7fQlhkAlcCWV
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D68DE2F62159FA9
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2AC7B1337B750029
>>
>>34892731
You can't learn how to fight from videos. I recommend boxing, Bjj, wrestling, Muay Thai, sambo, and judo. Most critical thing is to train with aliveness.
>>
>>34893341
About how long does it take to be proficient in any of those?
>>
>>34893454
A few years or so, depends a lot on what you consider proficient.
>>
>>34893454
Its a relative sclae. Not that long if you only wanna beat people who can't into fighting
>>
>>34893341
Which of those will be best for a manlet like me?
>>
how to be a good fighter:

get fat
>>
>>34893495
What???
>>
>>34893454
That really depends on how hard you train. 6 months will give you an advantage over Joe blow, a few years and you'll blow out most folks, a decade will make you a master if you're tenacious and blessed with the raw potential

Unlike a gun you'll always have your fists with you
>>
>>34893490
I'd recommend a striking and grappling art off my approved list to be most rounded
>>
>>34893538
Bjj + Muay Thai sound good?
>>
>>34893512
get your weight in the mid 200's and see if anyone tries to mess with you at the bus station
>>
>>34893603
They're both good. Many MMA fighters study them as a foundation.

It's better to do some introductory classes of a few different martial arts just to see what you like IMO.

Check out the /mag/ general on /asp/
>>
judo is fun as fuck. go with what you like. find a good teacher. it's not that expensive.
>>
>>34892731
go to a BJJ gym. seriously. i've been going for about a year. everyone there is so nice. they all want to help you get better so they can have more skilled partners. it will also fix your social skills you autistic fuck.
>>
>>34892731
its going to take work. you aren't going to learn anything by sitting in front of your computer watching videos. You have to go to an actual gym and train with real live people. BJJ is probably the best place to start then branch out into other stuff once you start getting comfortable. just google a gym in your area and then call. If they don't answer then check the schedule and show up a few minutes early for the appropriate class.

Also, don't fall for those meme martial arts like wushu or kung fu or basically any bullshit you see in your god damn anime movies you autistic fuck.
>>
>>34892758
stfu retard. Do not do this bs. Unless you are lucky as shit you will get some psuedo gym where you just hit pads and the instructor makes you feel tough. Thats the real secret to krav maga. The PR and making it sound like you can fuck anyone up. Now if you supplement krav maga with a real martial art you're set. Because you may learn shitty habbits boxing that won't work in a street fight but the most important thing you will get, which krav maga will not teach you, is hard sparring. I don't care how well you hit some pads with some woman behind them. Go spar with some real fighters and you will realize what i'm talking about. Any real fighter will tell you this as well. That experience and fighting and staying calm under pressure and adrenaline is more important than learning obvious sperg shit like "kick the balls dude", hit them in the neck or w/e.
>>
File: IMG_6130.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6130.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>34892731
You should still carry a knife and a pistol.

Criminals don't give any leverage.
They stack all the odds in there favor.
>>
>>34892799
/thread
>>
>>34896285
>shitpost
you're calling /thread on a rebuttle? All that does is call someones bad advice out, not answer the question.
>>
File: IMG_0190.jpg (58KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.jpg
58KB, 640x436px
Sup OP.

Just got back from a three day martial arts summer camp.

Learned Kali and jeet kune do and other stuff.

Have a BJJ tournament in Oct.
>>
File: IMG_4929.jpg (120KB, 540x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4929.jpg
120KB, 540x674px
>>34892799
This.

In person intruction is the only way.
You don't know the art, you can't see what your doing wrong.

You can get fit though.
Get better at jump rope, running, weights.
>>
>>34896313
>three day martial arts summer camp.
gay

are you like gonna fuck me up now badass?
>>
>>34896332
Not a bad ass. Just like do that stuff.

Some people like golf.. I like this.
>>
>>34893454
6 months for most normal people.

Then again normal people are unfit, have no idea what your doing.

5 years and you can do it unconscious and start to get into competitive fighting with other people just as skilled.
>>
>>34893603
Yes. Best intro combo.

Do this for 5+ years or a life time.

I'd add on kali to know how to handle weapons.

If I ever went to prison I would want to be a kali master.
>>
File: IMG_2867.jpg (38KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2867.jpg
38KB, 480x359px
>>34892731
>Start going to mixed martial art gym.
>Go 3 times a week.
>Do that for ever.

There you go OP, cheat codes.
>>
File: This is ground beef.jpg (37KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
This is ground beef.jpg
37KB, 639x479px
>>34892731
My father used to make me and my brother fight each other as kids. He would favor me when he was around but my younger brother(s) are both bigger than me now. I know exactly how they fight and they know how I fight. It's second nature to us.

We used to break the clear plastic cups with toys in them, the ones in the quarter machines that kids get at the grocery store... We would break a few and find the sharpest pieces, turn the lights off in our room and slash each other as hard as we could.

It's pretty fucked up dude but some of the silly shit we did as kids taught us. From a very young age we were watching boxing and sparing with our father. Full on punching him and eventually each other.

My best advice is to go to a gym and spar with someone who is not going to let you win but is respectful and a good teacher.

>Brazilian Jujitsu
>Boxing
>Muai Thai
>Wrestling

I can remember at least ten fist fights from elementary school and I never lost any of them.

One thing my dad taught me was to wait until someone tries to strike first, dodge it then punch them in the nose as hard as you can. Move around them and go for the choke.

The upper lip and nose are dense with nerve endings and will make even the most seasoned fighters eyes tear up. Very disorienting. Also nice and soft target.

Don't punch skulls. I have boxers fractures(3-4) in both hands from punching the back of my brothers head.

Also, fight like a gentleman. Nobody respects someone who grabs shirt, spits, groin strikes, eye gouges, and shit like that unless you are straight up in fear of your life. In which case a firearm is your best option.

You could always just invite them to the gym. Most of them will decline and fuck off.
>>
>>34893603
That's a great combo
>>
>>34896614
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>34896231
This nigga knows.

Krav Maga is Jew McDojo bullshit marketing. I can't think of any successful fighters from a Krav Maga background.
>>
>>34896662
4Ytho
>>
Esports > fighting any day. Enjoy becomming bitter and worthless at age 40.

That said finding a good team in esports is a bitch because 99% of players are overlg emotional 16 year olds, and 1v1 esports are dead.
>>
>>34896668
This.

I can fight well but when I was fifteen my buddy put me in an arm bar in like fifteen seconds and that was enough for me to see the benefits of sparring.
>>
>>34896614
You're such a fucking faggot I cannot coherently express how much of a faggot you really are.
>>
>>34896614
You have never been in a fight, have you?
>>
>>34892804
Be careful when you say this. Pankration is technicallg more hardcore than mma but an mna fighter would rape a pankr fighter same weight
>>
>>34896801
Oh I'm sure you think so.

Last guy who grabbed my shirt in a fight got his ribs smashed with a rock. He promptly lost wind and asked me to please stop. He was on top, full mount.

Don't fight like a fagot. I swear to god that shit will get you killed.
>>
>>34896842
Topkek underage b& or turbo autism
>>
>>34896842
Welp I've been baited. Well done friend
>>
>>34892731
go to UFC gym and take BJJ classes

>>it's what I do ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlpX1DwEB1k
>>
>>34896842
lmao
>>
>>34893341
Boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, and Sambo has worked really well for me.
>>
>>34896313
Kali is legit. JKD, Wing Chun and Systema are those "bullshit" martial arts that are more a set of applicable principles as opposed to a fighting system.
>>
>>34897034
Thought everyone knew that?

Lot of martial arts are bullshit.
Some arts are principles that need a base in order to even use.

I was taught JKD for three days. But it is completely worthless if you don't have combat sport striking ingrained in your body and mind.

Still legit.
>>
>>34897853
It's also pretty worthless if you only take it for three days.
>>
>>34897853
TKD is literally shovelface tag. You actually get penalties for hitting too hard.
>>
>>34897006
What the fuck even is Sambo?
I've heard things but never anything conclusive.
>>
>>34898065
Russian grappling
>>
>>34893277
>always move your feet inwards

wtf, that raises you center of gravity and makes you far more vulnerable than widening your stance and making yourself more stable
>>
>>34892731
Trying to learn to fight from videos and literature is like jerking off to practice losing your virginity. Join a gym, lift, and buy some Affliction shirts. That's how you learn martial arts, bro.
>>
>>34893490
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was specifically designed by a small dude who couldnt beat his big brothers at Judo and is proven to be quite effective.

Id also recommend Muay Thai and Wrestling. Learning how to make the most of your strikes and ground technique.

Getting someone subdued on the ground is the fastest way to end a fight with most people.
>>
>>34899158
this desu just take a self-defense class

theyre not even expensive
>>
>>34896780
The only way you'll waste yourself is if you're fighting regularly without head protwetive gear.

If you spar properly and only actually fight in the rarest of occasions then you'll likely be better off due to the physical fitness.
>>
File: 645645.png (50KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
645645.png
50KB, 600x593px
>>34896780
>Enjoy becomming bitter and worthless at age 40.
Story of esports.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0094215
>>
>>34896614
>punching the back of my brothers head
Wtf dude. Ironic because you then say:

>fight like a gentleman
Honor and valor are for karate tournaments. Not actual street fights.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defendu
Gutter fighting is interesting.
>>
>>34892731
Mr recommendation is boxing. Because in boxing/kickboxing you learn how to take a punch and how to avoid them. I have seen too many martial arts "experts" that are full of techniques until they get punched in the face. Then they flail like schoolboys. BJJ is great if you can guarantee three things, enough space to move freely, and novody else can jump in, and no weapons. You do not want to be rolling woth someone while they are stabbing you. Nothing is perfect but boxing/ kickboxing is way better than. The "if he does this, you do this" garbage. Also the whole kick in the balls thing is way overrated its real easy to miss and kick between the guys legs and miss his testicles completely. Ive only seen 1 fight ended by a kick in the nuts and it was actually ended by the punches after the kick.
>>
>>34892804
There's no such thing as "the best martial art". If you really want to be a proficient fighter you should probably train a couple of martial arts (i.e. kickboxing or muay thai for punching, bjj or wrestling for takedowns and grappling).

That being said, krav maga is actually a pretty decent system for getting basic skills in a street fight. It does suffer from "bullshido" problem, but only to a small extent. Some of the techniques of disarming people are actually not practical and very dangerous. There's also a growing "mcdojo" problem. Krav maga is very popular, hence there are a lot of pseudo instructors who make bold claims, but actually lack both skills and knowledge to properly tech self defence.

But if you manage to find a decent instructor then krav maga is a good way of learning self-defence relativelly quickly.

Though if I were you, I'd probably go for brazillian ju-jitsu. It's more fun.
>>
>>34898065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ZoqBtxKr0
>>
>>34899197
you only need to train in multiple martial arts if you think you're going to be competing in MMA (hint: you're not). learning one real art thoroughly is more than sufficient for self defense.
>>
>>34899811
>I want to be brain dead before 50
boxing is a dead sport
>>
>>34899750
my negro, also:
All-In Fighting
Lethal Self Defense
Kill or Get Killed
>>
>>34892817
britbong?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bg-gYGFB8g&t=623s

this guy gives the best basics, accent it terrible tho
>>
>>34902031
Yeah, because everyone is going to be a professional boxer.
>>
>>34902259
pro or not you're still getting hammered in the head repeatedly. but enjoy your concussions if that's what you're into.
>>
>>34892731
muay thai
krav maga
jujitsu

dont be afraid to seriously hurt people in defense of your life.

also carry a fucking gun
>>
>>34902031
It's still effective as fuck.
>>
>>34893274
bitch niggas thats that shit i dont like
>>
>>34892804
BBJ then muai-thai
>>
>>34896614
>Also, fight like a gentleman.
i prefer to fight to win
>>
if you want to learn to fight, start by learning how to throw a punch with some force behind it. learning to box will teach you that. the rst of the faggots on this thread are full of shit.
>>
>>34902017
While I agree with that, since a lot of average people know ass about fighting and all it takes is a good punch to down them, knowing at least one striking-style and one ground style will give you tools to use in different situations.

Even if you just train in one style, doing conditioning classes in others styles can help you get a feel for what they entail while providing a good work out, too.
>>
>>34904803
There is a difference between a few dudes punching each other and a snarling fagot sticking his fingers into another guys orifices.

I have been in ten fights and the only time I ever eye gouged was the time I hit the dude in the ribs with the rock. He was literally asking his friend for a knife.

Don't escalate the situation by fighting like a fagot. I almost killed that fucking guy.
>>
>>34892804
It's good because it's not part of the East Asian martial arts philosophy. You won't waste your time with learning useless forms and techniques because of tradition or dealing with sparring partners who are expected to really take a dive. Modern martial arts like krav maga and BJJ really distill the best and most efficient fighting techniques and instill the fast and aggressive mindset that actually wins fights. I did a lot of the Army's modified BJJ when I was in because my platton sgt was really into MMA and made us do it all the time. I then took Akido in college as my PE credit and it was the gayest shit ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0afWMLpO5oE
>>
>>34892731
>>>/sp/
This is a sport, modern combat doesn't involve any melee.
>>
Ok quick question no top but anybody who has got into more then 4 fights respond.

Let's say I use to fight a lot and had mma training.

If haven't got into a fight in 4 years and get into a fight today. Will I be fucked? Or will muscle memory yadayada kick in?

I feel kinda sluggish when I throw a punch in the air then again I been lifting wights.
>>
>>34906561
Ugh no it doesn't faggot I can tell you never got into a fight in your life because if you did. You would know your hands and feet and even head is a weapon. Which is in fact /k/ related.
>>
>>34907284
You'll probably still have some technique leftover, but more from your own memory rather than muscle memory.

If you started training again, it'd probably come back to you once you get re-acclimated. You still have the knowledge and shit, it's just buried somewhere in your head.
>>
Short answer? Fight people

Long answer? First get conditioned, you need cardio, strength, and flexibility. Learn kickboxing or muay thai (the dominant striking disciplines), and learn bjj (the dominant grappling discipline). Fight people. Join competitions or tourneys at the local/regional level.
>>
>>34906471
the point of learning something like BJJ is to make someone submit to you without escalating the situation to def con fists. you get someone without training pinned and you can hold them forever and not get tired. they will be weeping by the time the police show up.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.