[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (233KB, 1574x1039px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233KB, 1574x1039px
What are the best SHTF guns? What would you choose?

Also, I want to but a full-sized handgun for home defense and/or SHTF. I have $2000 to spend but it doesn't have to be that much. My biggest considerations are reliability and build quality. Also I want it to be able to take a suppressor. I thought I would be hearing suggestions for the MK23 or P226, but lots of people are saying Glock 17. Thoughts?
>>
The best gun would be the one most available to you

Best shtf guns would be any firearm of common calibers around your area
>>
>>34890809
>>34890943

Get one in a common caliber, and a model that is common in your area. For me, it'd be either a Glock 17/19 or an M&P 9/45.
>>
>>34890809
Whatever you get buy a parts bag with two (2) of each part that commonly gets broken or wears. More of the small cheap shit. (Pins, extractors, screws, devices to unscrew said screws, etc.)
>>
>>34890809
SHTF and I gotta move (live in city): First choice 10/22 takedown. 22lr lcrx optional. All my other guns optional.

Main reason is you can carry 1000s of rounds of 22 without too much weight. Other ammo is weight i could use on food or water or first aid.
>>
>>34890943
>Best shtf guns would be any firearm of common calibers around your area
this. all leo departments use 9mm, .40, and 12 gauge. should be also said that all nato based firearms would be ideal. 9mm, 5.56, and 7.62 would be plenty in a disaster scenario.
>>
File: LucySmile.png (672KB, 888x634px) Image search: [Google]
LucySmile.png
672KB, 888x634px
>>34890809
An AR and a glock 19 like the basic bitch I am
>>
anything that fires a cartridge that is widely used in your area, and for most Americans that means a .223 and 9mm

make sure it functions and that you know how to use it.

so wether that is just an AR and a Glock, or a supercoolguy FNC and a Luger, you should be fine.
>>
>>34890809
Came here to suggest Mark 23
>>
>>34890809
Scar 17S and either a Mark 23 or a P226 Tacops
>>
File: 1496679572739.jpg (82KB, 446x451px)
1496679572739.jpg
82KB, 446x451px
>>34890809
>shtf
>handgun

you're gonna die.
>>
>>34890809
A 9mm pistol

A revolver in .38 Special
>>
>>34890809
Any option other than a HiPoint is wrong.
>>
>>34890809
>SHTF AR-15
>HD pistol/AR/Shotty

For $2000 get an AR and a pistol. A lot of people already recommended Glocks but any gun on the /k/ approved list will do. Keep in mind that whatever you choose there will be people that talk shit about your choice.

my vote would be for the Steyr L9-A1 (~$500) for aesthetics and there's a version with a threaded barrel
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_428/products_id/39221/Steyr+39.621.2KSD+L9-A1TB+Double+9mm+5+17%2B1+Black+Polymer+Grip

You can also get a basic bitch AR from Palmetto State for ~$500. I have one and it works fine.
>>
>>34890809
There are 4 guns every man should own.
A rifle, shotgun, 22lr and a handgun.
I advise getting common calibers.
Example is a .308 Deer rifle, Mossberg 12ga shotgun, a Ruger 10/22, and a 9mm handgun.
Obviously you can pick different firearms to suit your needs.
>>
>>34892359
Deer rifle is nice and accurate and hopefully has a scope, but if you aren't paying out for optics, a battle rifle is so much better.
>>
>>34891531
Trying to be less retarded would serve you just fine.
>>
Also, buy a shit ton of ammo and then shoot it. You'll probably need very little ammo when shtf but you'll want to have more then you need. But more important is being able to hit the shit you are shooting at. So shoot a shit ton of ammo and learn to use the damn gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>34890809
Is the suppressor included in your budget? If so check the classified ads on HKpro for an HK45CT. Used ones can be had for less than $1000 with a holster and you'll have money for a can. It's been adopted by the Navy as the Mk 24 (combined with a suppressor and Crimson Trace laser). It can still be conceal carried with the can off. If the budget is just for the gun get the Mark 23, or if you want a suppressor capable pistol and a rifle get a USP45 Tactical and build an AR.
>>
>>34893158
Maybe his logic is that people would find body armor?
>>
>>34890809
>Glock 17/19
Mags and Bullets all over the place
>AR15(5.56)
Same as above
>Ak-47/SKS
Less than the above bust still quite a bit and they are indestructible.
>>
>>34893848
>le ak47 will last forever meme
>>
>>34890809
What have you decided?
>>
File: militia7.png (64KB, 436x721px)
militia7.png
64KB, 436x721px
>>34890809
in shtf you need to think of ammo before the gun, because a gun without ammo is just plastic, wood, and metal
have something that's got common ammo
>9mm
most handguns are great, glocks are common so if something goes wrong with yours you could find parts or switch completely to a different glock and have a fair understanding how it works. There is also the advantage that some small rifles use 9mm too, but magazines for these would be rare and it you ran out of ammo for your primary, then you're out of ammo for your secondary too
>.22
Small, easily stocked up, quiet, little kickback, easily suppressed. varmint hunting with a .22 can be the difference of a night with or without food. While they may not pack a punch in a violent confrontation, like any gun if you aim true they'll go down.
>12 gauge
Shotguns are versatile, buckshot can feed a group for days if you take down a deer, birdshot can get you a meal at the end of the night just like .22. they are excellent at CQB so if you're in urban shtf it'll be vital if you clear a building or are inside on a scavenging run. Another plus is that most shotguns are in 12 gauge so more likely than not, if you find shells, they'll work for you.

Now you may have noticed a flaw
These firearms would be significantly less effective in a firefight with some who has IIIA body armor or better.
In shtf this may be unlikely to be an issue since most people might not take advantage of armor, favoring speed, but if you do find raiders who use armor, or if for whatever reason you are going against the military or a pre organized militia you may be shit out of luck with your .22, having to rely on fmj 9mm rounds or whatever slugs you can find for your 12 gauge, but those would still be ineffective and have poor range.
I'd propose
>5.56
It's used in military rifles, it's generally the most common rifle round, and can punch through III armor. Get an AR15 for it's wide spread parts availability and range of 600 yards
>>
>>34893932
80,000 rounds enough? you might have to replace a spring or two so technically you're right thats less than forever
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.