[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying on armslist online without getting scammed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I found a good deal on a used rifle on armslist. The guy gave me his driver's license and a timestamped picture of the gun is pending.
If he legitimately has the gun how should I proceed?
>>
>>34890690
Meet in a public place, exchange pleasantries, exchange cash for rifle, leave.
>>
>>34890710
I would, if the guy wasn't in VA and myself in AL.
>>
>>34890742
then you give him the fax/email of your FFL and he ships it to them.
>>
>>34890757
That's not the issue, I know how to buy a gun online. I just don't know exactly how to cover myself incase I (my FFL) never receive(s) the gun. I'm thinking about doing a money order to the address on his license through certified mail so he has to give his signature.
If that's not a good idea I could have him use his FFL as an intermediary.
>>
>>34890742
Just hop on the 40 east to the 81 north... Don't be a faggot. Its maybe a 10 hour drive
>>
This is what sketches me out about buying from both Armslist and GB.

I won't use paypal cause they're antigun cunts, so the only other recourse is basically some sort of certified check. But the scammer can just get the check and run. Then I'm out $2k
>>
>>34890690
You get references you mouthbreathing nigger lover
>>
Just use your credit card and if the guy never sends your purchase you can call the issuer to have the charge reversed.
>>
>>34890824
The guy lives in VA. How do I know his references are legit?
>>
>>34890836
It's a private seller, he doesn't have a CC processor.
>>
Maybe pick an FFL in his area and have them hold the gun til you send the money then they can send it to your FFL?
>>
>>34890690
Use postal money order. If he is scamming you and cashes the money order, he just committed postal fraud. On top of that, to cash the money order he needs to provide an address, so it is easy for him to get busted.
>>
>>34890873
Checkout as a guest with PayPal? Can still use CC
>>
>>34890970
How does that go down though? He scams you, you contact the postmaster in his area and give them the check # and rundown on what happened so they can send their mail cops after him?
>>
>>34890952
That sounds good, I'll ask him, if he won't do that, no dice.
>>
>>34890994
I saw a topic on this, basically the USPS doesn't really care unless it's a big deal (100k big). Small claims is where it ends up.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (142KB, 500x345px)
iu[1].jpg
142KB, 500x345px
>>34890994
Sounds about right.

By the way, the USPS has a metric shit ton of armed police who enforce postal law. Not shitting you.
>>
When buying on Armslist, I always meet in person with cash in hand if they are nearby, and always use an FFL if they are too far away to meet with me.

Do not ever send money to people, or exchange via mail. I once had a fellow who was willing to trade a reflex optic for one that I was selling, but refused to meet with me, and instead wanted to trade it via mail. Of course, I knew it was bullshit, so I mailed him a box filled with wood shavings, and he sent me a box filled with balled up newspaper, so imagine how surprised I was when he e-mailed me angrily about how I tried to scam him!
>>
Tell him to fucking put in on gunbroker for buy it now at the agreed upon price.
>>
>>34890994
You contact your postmaster and he (or she) will coordinate with the postmaster where the scammer cashed the money order.

Make sure who you are dealing with provides the tracking information and do what >>34890952 suggested and have him send it from a FFL in his area (he may want you to pony up for the extra costs from that).

I know most people won't accept anything but a postal money order and for the $1.20 it is more than worth my peace of mind should someone try to scam me.
>>
>>34891081
That's a good plan.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.