[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, need opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170817_090439.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_090439.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
The gun pictured is being offered to me in trade for my Glock 30 S. It is a Sig p220r. I want a full-sized gun as I will not be CC'ing. I don't know what's up with the slide. Would you trade like this? I need help because I don't know anything about Sigs or this gun.
>>
>>34890368
It's a way nicer gun than your glock. The slide is factory but super embarassing. If you can live with that it'll shoot like a dream.
>>
>>34890368
see that rusty grip screw?
if you are going to do the trade, take the gun apart and make sure that cancer isn't spreading
>>
>>34890368
Thats actually a factory slide they made for a while. Yeah, it's pretty white trash but the P220 is a great firearm. If the round count on it isn't terrible you may want to consider it. Take the slide off and examine the frame's rails.
>>
>>34890418
I'm relieved to know it's factory. Should I ask anything? I want to do it.
>>
I am not familiar with disassembling anything but my Glock. Should I ask about rust or round count in an email?
>>
>>34890454
it's really easy on a sig, you flip down the lever just above the trigger guard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52S62ikJaRk
>>
>>34890459
Cool, thanks. So, I'd just field strip it and look inside? If I see brown anywhere, no good?
>>
File: XDS-45.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
XDS-45.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
Is this an opinion thread?
I got an XDS-45 in a trade with some cash last week and I don't honestly know how much it's worth or what I could do to sell it as I have never owned a Springfield.
I threw it up on Armslist for $400, is this too unreasonable?
>>
>>34890500
Not gonna fly out the door at that price but isnt crazy. Lower price than typical lgs, worse than online.
>>
>>34890500
That's the "I don't need to sell it" price. It probably won't sell on armslist for that price. Probably wouldn't last long priced at $325
>>
>>34890495
pretty much. on sigs, you are also looking at the frame rails like one anon above said.
here's a guide for that:
https://grayguns.com/guide-to-sig-sauer-pistol-inspection/
>>
>>34890495
Yeah. You can get replacement grip screws. But. I got a 220 with that same wrap around grip and the screws with it were too long when i put the regular rubber houge grips on.

So to prevent replacement screws from being short, I'd recommend the regular houge grips which are $20ish and you'll get to see the nice front checkering under there. Or you could get some colored houge g10s that might distract from the slide :)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.