[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get familiar with using firearms and eventually get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2nd amendment 2.jpg (113KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
2nd amendment 2.jpg
113KB, 640x960px
How do I get familiar with using firearms and eventually get a gun license in NJ? Also- I'm gonna be in a college dorm and I don't think they're gonna let me keep any kind of weapon there. ALSO- I've been on pills for depression in the past, that won't get in the way will it?
>>
>>34888158
Rent a gun at a range.
>>
>>34888158
>gitting gud
Find some friends with guns/find a range with rentals. Try a bunch of different guns, find what you like
>NJ
Can't help you there, friend. I just fled cuckfornia at the first available opportunity.
>college dorm
No fly zone. You could potentially get a safe and stash a pistol inside. Transport it in a back pack to the range. Have a secondary, non description case that you can lock and put in the back pack. Probably not going to be able to start much of a collection until you're on you own in a real home.
>>
>>34888158
If youve ever been on mental health meds there's virtually zero chance of you getting a gun unless you go to your doctor and get a note saying you're not crazy. Even then you would have to appeal the Police's rejection of your FPID application and either have a court hearing or a set up a meeting with your loca PD to discuss the situation.
>>
>>34888202
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Holy shit wrong. Man, look at how wrong you are. It would cost tax payer trillions to fire all of that wrong into the sun, the only rightful place for it. In order for mental health to have been an issue, you have to be adjucated mentally defective. If you were not committed to a psychiatric hospital against your will and you were not determined to be a risk to yourself or others, you can pass a back ground check with no problems.
>>
>>34888173
Ty for the advice. I've heard gun laws in NJ are stricter than in other states, but I'm not sure what that entails. And yeah, I'd rather not get in trouble for storing a weapon in my dorm, so I guess the next best thing would be to get a license to legally carry and own one, and know a place where I can get one. It seems the nearest places to my university are all a bit of a drive, and I don't have a car, so hopefully I can figure something out.

>>34888218
That's reassuring. The only mental health stuff I've done is some counseling and generic antidepressants (which were prescribed by someone at my previous university's health and wellness center).
>>
>>34888158
Born and raised in NJ, started my gun hobby there
PA fag now
Where in NJ are you (roughly), I've been to plenty of ranges in the garden state
>>
>>34888599
Atlantic county.
>>
>>34888623
>South Jersey
No dice bud, but at least you'll have local cops
State Police doing FOID cards takes 5 months more (at least for me verses my friends)

If you don't mind commuting, there are some nice ranges near Philly, that way you don't need to wait for your FOID to rent as most ranges in NJ do (specially if you rent alone)
>>
File: 1485782003217.png (164KB, 338x253px) Image search: [Google]
1485782003217.png
164KB, 338x253px
>>34888636
Well that sucks. Even if I can't own a gun (I'd have no place to store it anyway) can I at least learn how to use one in the meantime? There's no way I can fire a gun at a range without being able to legally own/rent one?
>>
>>34888657
Check the local ranges rules, some I've went to let's you rent with a friend

Or you could take an NRA pistol class and find one that the range provides you with the rental
>>
>>34888500
>counseling and generic antidepressants (which were prescribed by someone at my previous university's health and wellness center)
oh, sorry goy, it says here you have a history of mental illness
guess you won't be voting or having custody, either
>>
>>34888158
first off, like others have said, either rent or go to the range with others and try different firearms to find one you like, save up for it if you can, get out of collage first and move next door (pa), you can get anything you can afford but before you do that what is there to be depressed about, life it great, there will be some bumps in the road, that's how you learn, get over it and have fun, good luck
>>
>>34888158
Former Jersey fag here. Ocean County.
Get the fuck out while you can. I joined the military. My family is still trying to scrape together the funds to escape after years of it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.