[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we define guns by characters who carried them in movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: Sig P220 Heat.jpg (118KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Sig P220 Heat.jpg
118KB, 736x552px
Gun: P220
Movie: Heat

Refined, efficient, utterly professional but old fashioned.
>>
File: CollateralUSP-45-2.jpg (227KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
CollateralUSP-45-2.jpg
227KB, 1920x800px
Gun: HK USP 45
Movie: Collateral

Very good choice for Tom Cruise' character, Vincent.

Character is supposedly ex-US special forces. Would've probably trained with a .45 caliber 1911. USP 45 is a logical "modern upgrade" because the safety lever is in the same place. It's kind of a big ass gun to CC all night, but, an assassin, with 5 targets, some of which are heavily guarded, would need a bigger gun that's easy to shoot with better capacity. Also, the suit is tailored around a gun anyway.

I'd describe Vincent as modern, but kind of old school - he dresses modern, carries a cell and uses modern tech to track targets and get the job done. At the same time, he is very traditional; he insists Max buy flowers for his sick mother, and he loves classic Jazz music. He has grey hair and a beard, but yet he looks rather youthful.

He signs up for a job and commits. He keeps things simple, as far as gear and even the way he carries himself.

USP 45 is kind of the same way; it's a modern polymer gun, with controls similar to an old design, and shoots a caliber that (back then) is going on a century old.

Like Vincent, the USP is no frills, but refined at the same time. It doesn't quit on you either, again, just like Vincent.

I feel like Michael Mann thought a lot about what Gun Vincent should carry, and it shows; it is a ridiculously appropriate choice.
>>
File: smith and wesson model 36.jpg (78KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
smith and wesson model 36.jpg
78KB, 800x462px
gun: smith and wesson model 36 "cheifs special"
movie: anything with a rugged old detective

old school, but reliable. Shows us that he or she is stuck in their ways, but those ways are proven and they work. They dont need a fancy new automatic to get the job done, and keep their own service revolvers for sentimental value, remembering the "good ol days". Often ribbed by younger characters for carrying something so old school, those same characters ironically often carry them as a back up gun
>>
File: Hero2.jpg (58KB, 648x367px) Image search: [Google]
Hero2.jpg
58KB, 648x367px
Mateba Autorevolver.
Movie: Blade Runner.

Looks pro, but is a fucking cyborg.
>>
File: LAPD blaster 2019.jpg (35KB, 600x248px) Image search: [Google]
LAPD blaster 2019.jpg
35KB, 600x248px
>>34889392
>Mateba Autorevolver.
>Movie: Blade Runner.
kys holy shit. Charter .44spc with a bolted on bolt action. Some interesting ideas floating around about how it works (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAn7FI5cdto).
>>
File: colt defender.jpg (208KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
colt defender.jpg
208KB, 816x612px
does vidya count?

the compact 1911 and .357 magnum in the Last of US just seems to fit with the gritty, survivalist load outs Joel and others used. Like, if they used a glock 19 it just wouldnt feel the same
>>
>>34889308
He also carries a 5906
>>
File: Colt new agent.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Colt new agent.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
Gun: Colt New Agent
Game: Fallout NV

Kills injuns ded. Also moromons.
>>
Gun: Glock 19
Movie: majority of them...

Glocks, carried by every noncredit unnamed police officer, henchmen, badguy extra. The personification of 'cheap' and 'expendable.'
>>
>>34889972

The 5906 was taken from a security guard that he killed, after he lost the USP.

However he did have a Ruger .22 in his kit.
>>
>>34888110
>utterly professional
What the hell does this mean? Is there an unprofessional handgun?
>>
Itt: autistic fedora tipoing
Where's the wicked sense of humor pasta?
>>
>>34892445
> is there an unprofessional handgun
Anything Taurus
Anything Hi-point
Anything Springfield
Early .40 cal Glawks
Anything Kyber Pass

Shall I continue, or did you get the gist?
>>
>>34889308
He also uses a suppressed Ruger MkII in the jazz club scene. A classic assassins choice.

I never see anyone talk about this.
>>
File: charter arms bulldog.jpg (293KB, 1600x1028px) Image search: [Google]
charter arms bulldog.jpg
293KB, 1600x1028px
character: Will Graham
movie (and book): red dragon or manhunter

a special snowflake gun. Much like Will its sort of an oddity and sticks out of the norm by comparison to a regular cop with a regular old .38, given the time period of the late 70s and early 80s this fits in as a perfect, new and cool duty weapon for a cop, and will makes good use of it fighting of francis dollerhyde aka the tooth fairy (the book mentions part of dollerhyde's shirt catching on fire after will shoots him with glasser saftey slugs. The author of the books, thomas harris, was a former crime reporter and spent real time with NYC detectives so he was able to get solid facts for a lot of the firearms in his books (later, clarice starling is noted to have been given a race gun 1911 as a present, and carries her speed loaders with washers on her coat). Part of me wonders if he met a real detective who carried a bulldog or at least had some knowledge of guns to teach him more then "cop carries X revolver" like so many other books

on another note, anyone else hyped for the fincher netlfix show Mindhunter?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZCfRD_zWE
>>
File: smith and wesson 59.jpg (208KB, 1516x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smith and wesson 59.jpg
208KB, 1516x1200px
>>34893186
I am, im hopeful we'll get some classic gun pron of the 80s. Fincher isnt like michael mann with that stuff, but his autistic attention to detail always pays off. I know the FBI was experimenting with smith and wesson autos at the time for its agents, I doubt there will be much gun play however
>>
>>34893186

Aren't Charter arms considered to be kinda junky these days?
>>
>>34893324
yeah, they are lemons now. Some are good, some suck. So its a hit or miss (lol) type of deal. The originals were really great from what ive read, they just went through bankruptcy and the company changes hands alot and the quality suffered
>>
>>34893309
Are these hipower clones?
>>
>>34888110
Gun: AR-18
Movie: The Terminator

Crude and unrefined. But extremely deadly.
>>
>>34893717
No, the Model 39 and 59 are original designs by S&W. They were the first commercially successful 9mm automatics. But the Hi-Power was introduced to the U.S. market the same year the Model 39 was.
>>
>>34893726
commercially successful in the U.S.*
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.