[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need wisdom for aussie friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: allisasitshouldbe.jpg (88KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
allisasitshouldbe.jpg
88KB, 600x421px
An aussie I know is about to transition from noguns to hasguns, he's looking for a .22 and (if applicable) an optic for it.

I'm inclined to recommend a Savage FV-SR, Nikon Prostaff-22, and CCI Quiet rounds, but I'd like the opinions of some anons more familiar with upside down gun laws than I am to weigh in.

He wants the rifle for target shooting and varmint control, but if it can do dual duty for home defense in the interim between his purchase of it and his purchase of a centerfire that's even better.

It seems that a lever action with a king's port loading gate that's also drilled and tapped would be ideal, but I am unsure of whether or not such a thing exists, let alone is available in koala country.

I seek your blessing; what are your thoughts, /k/ommandos?
>>
>>34887733
Ausfag here

>Savage FV-SR
Cannot say I've used that particular gun, but Savage make decent guns. I use a Savage Mk3 in .22lr and it's a very nice gun to shoot, very accurate, reliable and cheap gun. Anything Savage should be a good budget gun.

>Nikon Prostaff-22
It's a .22 so any scope that's not complete shit will be fine. This one looks fine.

I don't know if I'd bother recommending a particular bullet. They're .22s so he can just buy a packet of everything and see what works the best.

>He wants the rifle for target shooting and varmint control, but if it can do dual duty for home defense in the interim between his purchase of it and his purchase of a centerfire that's even better
That gun will be fine for that. Probably terrible for home defense but better than a sharp stick.
Tell him to not to mention "home defense" or anything remotely similar when buying it.

There's a million brands of lever-action .22, I have no idea what a king's port loading gate is but I'm sure they're for sale here.
>>
>>34887733
The right answer is: A Henry .22 carbine with a Nikon P-Rimfire scope.
>>
>>34887811
king's port loading gate is the mechanism for feeding cartriges straight into the magazine tube on the right hand of the receiver in picrelated, for reference.
>>
Strayan
Any halfdecent .22 will do to start.
Get both Cat A and B for centrefires, put down target and hunting as your reasons as some states are funny and won't let you on a target range with only a hunting licence - no idea how you're supoosed to zero or practice, but that's the thing. Our gun laws do have some useful holes in them for leveraction shotties and pump and straightpull boltaction rifles, but some of the restrictions simply make no sense at stopping bad people but are just embuggerances.
>lever action...
Legal in every state whether its a pistol calibre Win/Marlin or a magfed BLR.
>yeah, never say your guns were for 'selfdefence' even after you shoot a boong in your kitchen
Pic is one of the new loopholes - takedown straightpull bolt action. Legal in all states except NSW.
>>
>>34887874
Oh.

Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen one of them on a rimfire. If he decides to go lever action anyway then a BL22/ML22 is generally considered the best you can buy here but they're like $1000 kangaroobucks
>>
>>34887885
Why not legal in NSW?
>>
Aussie hasguns here, own a Savage .22 FV-SR, would recommend. Cant say I'd ever even consider it for Home defence though. If he wants a sweet little rig for "Home defence" he can get a Remington 7615 Pump in .223 and make it as tacticool as he wants, even buy M16 magazines for it. Same license. Or a tactical version of the Adler...
>>
>>34887885
Western Australia doesn't allow "assault rifle" look alikes either mate.

You can't even put a pistol grip stock on a Remington 7600/7615 in WA.
>>
>>34888647
NSW and WA don't allow for revolver carbines either.
NSW doesn't like magazines that LOOK high capacity but only hold 10 rounds.
>>
Verney Carron shotgun , its legal here in Australia , about as close to semi-auto as you will get
https://youtu.be/Y8Q0EuMnY9k?t=40
>>
>>34887733
Tell him to move.
>>
>>34888738
ideally moving to NewZealand would be good , but people need employment opportunities ,also some people can't afford to up root themselves and move away from family and friends.
>>
>>34888685
Allegedly theyre legit in WA but havent seen one so far.
They were preapproved as legit in NSW until the first one arrived from Qld
>NSW Licencing are cunts
>>
>>34888790
Try and get a WFA-1 licensed in WA , also try turning up to a range with a 7600/7615 with a pistol grip stock.
>>
>>34888798
Hence why the OAF comes through Customs with the HERA stock as its technically not a pistolgrip.
>>
>>34888838
Doesn't mean shit when the people banning don't care about actual physical realities.

Remember , they blocked the Troy Pump Action AR
>>
>>34887733
I would say that he can ditch .22lr for home defense. for target shooting and varmint control you can't get better than a CZ452/CZ455 (bolt action), if he has more money I would say get a Ruger 10/22. Am unfamiliar with aussie gun laws tho, currently living in Ireland where it is quite restrictive, but we have guns so I'm not complaining.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.