[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold War never ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 4290x2850px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4290x2850px
The year is 2005 the Cold War never ended the soviets still have over 400,000 personnel in their navy and USN has a fleet of more than 450 ships
Your job is to design new ships to match the Soviet fleet including a cruiser to replace the Ticonderoga class but match the firepower of the 5 active battlecruisers in the Soviet fleet
What ships would /k/ see in this alternate universe
>No BB reactivation
>>
>>34887594

I don't think you really understand the implications of the Cold War "just" not ending. Saddam was a friend of the Soviet Union, so the Gulf War becomes impossible as does the later conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. All three had major impacts on what the modern military looks like (especially the use of unmanned drones). What about 9/11? That not occurring changes how the entire US government views Islamic terrorism in the first place, which couldn't exist during the Cold War due to the larger Russian threat.
>>
File: canoe-cannon.jpg (479KB, 2073x1185px) Image search: [Google]
canoe-cannon.jpg
479KB, 2073x1185px
>>34887594
Come at me russia
>>
>>34887650
Nothing significant has happened since 1988 and the afghan war didn't bleed the soviets badly
The scenario is the world is still in 1986 mode with mass military build up and innovations
>>
After thinking of the Soviet military situation, I came to the conclusion that they developed the Caspian Sea Monster to transport tanks over ice.

The reason being that their best bet for actually fighting the U.S. is to bog us down fighting in the Canadian Northern Territories. I checked a rail map, and it looks like thats the one place in North America that U.S. logistics are as terrible as Soviet logistics would be.
>>
>>34887790
That is an interesting idea.
Could make good premisse for a book or video game.
I'd like to add that they would have been limited to start their campaign during summer.
I cannot imagine anyone expects an army to fight during arctic winter.
Or maybe that could be a plot point...
>>
>>34887740
>Nothing significant has happened since 1988

opinion discarded.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.