[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scope rings...one piece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download-1.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Scope rings...one piece?
>>
File: download-2.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download-2.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Or 2?
>>
One piece is a bit more idiot proof if you're an idiot.
>>
depends on how much rail space is on the gun. 2 is fine if you have the space and are not an idiot.
>>
For an AR, go one piece.
>>
>>34887516
AR10
Nikon bushmaster
>>
>>34887515
>>34887503
Whats the advantage of the 2?
Assuming not an idiot.
>>
One piece is stronger, has better return to zero, offers cantilever it needed and more height than traditional rings.

Rings are lighter and possibly cheaper.

For an AR10, one piece mount. Measure before you buy and avoid cantilever if you can get away without it, or minimize how much cantilever you end up with.
>>
>>34887522
I'd recommend an Aero Precision Ultralight mount if you don't need QD levers. The scope and mount are going to add quite a bit of weight, so you may as well cut weight where you can. The Geissele mount is great too, but it's heavier and you're paying a premium for the supposedly great return-to-zero.
>>
>>34887546
I'm going to mount it and leave it, so don't need the levers.
>>
Cantilevered one piece mounts are typically better for MSR rifles like ARs because the provide the elevation needed to mount a scope without forcing the user to crush their cheek bone into the stock to see through it. The cantilever also allows the user to push the scope further forward for eye relief without the mount on the handguard top rail, it stays on the receiver rail.

Two piece mounts have more flexibility for fine tuning eye relief imo. I can find where I need the scope, put both rings in the center of the tube available for mounting, and not worry about getting too close to a turret or bell.

Toasting on mobile, hope was werf
>>
>>34887537
fuckload cheaper
>>
I was wondering the same thing. Have a ar10 and a vsp 1 and no idea what scope rings to get. They all seem over price for what they are
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.