[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Era of Panic Buying and High Prices?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: asdk.png (403KB, 1254x476px) Image search: [Google]
asdk.png
403KB, 1254x476px
We all know prices have been unusually low recently, and the cause is an oversupply and a lack of demand. In the lead-up to the election, arms and munitions manufacturers were churning out extra inventory, and stores were buying it in massive bulk to prepare for a surge in demand from the massive panic buy that, like the "inevitable" Hillary win that was supposed to trigger it, never materialized.

But now, everywhere I turn from troll threads on /pol/ to the NYTimes to the New Yorker to Breitbart is talking about the possibility of some kind of low-intensity civil war breaking out in the US (imo, this is unlikely at best, and at worst disingenuous fear-mongering for clicks and ad revenue).

Are we about to see a new era of panic buying? Is the era of the $500 AR-15 and $0.25/round .223 drawing to a close?
>>
>>34887474
>Democrats win
Le price rises
>Drumpf win
Le price rises again
Wake up sheeple. You're being taken for a ride by the happy gun merchants.
>>
>>34887474
>Are we about to see a new era of panic buying? Is the era of the $500 AR-15 and $0.25/round .223 drawing to a close?
No, what we just went was inflation and the effects of previous panic buys. Right now, is going to be a new demand for arms due to the fear mongering that the media loves to spur with their political narratives, whether it be from the left or the right. All we have to do is wait who chimps out and let the feds take care of their asses, like they always did. I don't suspect civil war, but I do suspect civil unrest and low intensity conflicts coming in the future like what has happened in the past. So unless you're retarded enough to attend a rally that's always guaranteed to end in violence, you'll be fine from a distance.
>>
>>34888901
prices havent risen since trump won tho. ammo prices have dropped substantially and you can buy an AR for $400
>>
People have been stocking up for about 9 years now and gun ownership is through the roof. We're like old people that survived the depression
>>
>>34888901
Completely wrong. They over-saturated an already saturated market with products expecting a panic buy that never materialized.
>>
File: background checks.png (325KB, 1034x663px) Image search: [Google]
background checks.png
325KB, 1034x663px
>>34887474
It looks like sales for the last few months have been lower than last year but actually statistically far higher than in previous calendar years. I think it's very possible we'll see another spike in this month's sales and over the next few months as panic over political divisiveness sets in. Who knows though, we'll see what the numbers say when August's stats are released.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.