[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti /k/lit thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: devil's guard.jpg (273KB, 848x1392px) Image search: [Google]
devil's guard.jpg
273KB, 848x1392px
How many shitty war stories have you read?

>Waffen SS fights back from Eastern Front
>makes it to Switzerland
>joins French Foreign Legion
>gets shipped out into the killing fields of the proto-Vietnam first Indo-China war.

Yeah, sounds like a good read at face value. Then you get half a chapter in, realize that it reeks of more bullshit than a 4chan greentext, with gaping holes, and time to do nazi apologist monologues right in the middle of a firefight.

Holy fuck, this book sucks, stay the fuck away.
>>
File: bent over rear delt flyes.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bent over rear delt flyes.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>34885355
I like reading Tom Clancy novels but I haven't really liked the latest ones. I read a couple after he died that were intersting enough to listen in audiobook format as I commute to work but I don't really care about Jack Jr going to Iran. Jack Jr's cousins are more interesting.
>>
File: one soldier's war.jpg (32KB, 313x499px) Image search: [Google]
one soldier's war.jpg
32KB, 313x499px
>>34885355
One Soldier's War. Went in thinking it would be insightful about the second Chechen war. It was about brutality, rape, and incompetence. Except all of this was from the Russian armed forces. Very large grain of truth to that, but then looking further it was written by a peacenik and many characters and events are combined and recalled from memory. Wasn't completely terrible, but a slog to read with personal political undertones.
>>
File: Beatings Are The Cure.jpg (13KB, 261x198px) Image search: [Google]
Beatings Are The Cure.jpg
13KB, 261x198px
>>34885355
if you didn't enjoy the Devil's Guard you are a literal faggot
>>
File: Bella Thorne Mother Hood.jpg (132KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bella Thorne Mother Hood.jpg
132KB, 600x900px
>>34886094
It's
>out of everything that didn't happen this didn't happen the most: the book

Fucking drivel. If anyone can point me towards an actual book about any former Heer or SS troops joinging the FFL, please list, because this book is fucking toilet paper. So many inaccuracies and plot holes in the first chapter alone, I'm honestly contemplating if I can trudge through to the Vietnam section.
>>
>>34885516
I liked it. The Chechen's are portrayed as even more vicious, and its all about being caught up in a lumbering, inept army while everything around you falls apart.
>>
>>34886237
i fought with the chechens in ukraine. interesting guys. i would have loved to get with them back in the nineties, aukie collins style. i know mansoor gets a bad wrap cuz he used to roll with waswas, but chambermusloyvsky is a fucking bad ass.
>>
File: 9780595452613.jpg (20KB, 286x430px) Image search: [Google]
9780595452613.jpg
20KB, 286x430px
>>34885355
Thanks for your input anon. I was about to buy that book.

I'll contribute...
>War tourist author came back from the US invasion of Panama
>Author unpacks his clothes
>Watches a documentary on Burma and how the Karen people are oppressed.
>Author becomes motivated to do a story about the conflict in Burma
>Books a ticket to Thailand with no idea about the country, the people or who to meet...
>3 chapters worth of headscratching, preparation and phone calls to SoF magazine
>Finally makes it to Thailand
>Goes to Mae Sot
>Author acts like a clueless idiot again for an additional 3 chapters
>Author doesn't know who to find or who to meet in order to join the KNLA
>Finally meets with the KNLA leader
>Takes lots of pictures
>Ask lots of question for his book.
>Eventually he joins the cause
>KNLA captain trusts the author with a weapon and gives him with a Chinese 7.62 rifle
>Captain specifically tells him "1 shot- 1 kill" and implies he should not waste bullets.
>A few chapters later author goes on combat patrol
>Comes under an ambush
>Unloads his rifle at the general direction of the enemy
>Eventually gunfire and mortar stops
>Author gets admonished for mag dumping
>Author gets "the shits" later
>Have to be treated by the Karen medics
>Becomes sort of a liability
>Can't hike or climb up the hill.
>Eventually author goes in and out of the country because his Thai visa expired
>Reunites with the KNLA with supplies
>Base comes heavily under attack
>Author steals M1 rifle from his comrade
>Nothing interesting happens in the next few chapters. Except the author bragging about his ability and contribution of gifts
>Authors gets admonished again towards the end of the book for taking his comrade rifle without permission.
>Author fuckoff back to US but not before missing his flight because he got the timezones and date wrong.

Disappointing book overall.
60% of the book was focused on his journey and his shameless bragging/self promotion.
>>
>>34888101
jesus he must have been a pain to deal with, in the end i'd guess they realized his propaganda value and decided to humor him.

Fuck the burmese state, total scum.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.