[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are guns stagnant? I want a gun with leds on it that tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: zczx.png (658KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zczx.png
658KB, 500x500px
Why are guns stagnant? I want a gun with leds on it that tell me if there's one in the chamber, I want numbers that tell me how many shots I have left. I want integrated suppressor
I want an AI in my gun to make sure I'm feeling ok
Why not?
>>
>>34883620
So you want it to cost 10x as much and be Xbox hueg?
>>
when we militarize new shit we have to do it as sparingly as possible so people don't copy us
>>
>>34883656
You underestimate our modern technology old man
>>
>>34883620
So, suppressor aside, you want a bunch of mostly useless clutter?
>>
>>34883704
And you overestimate it, random lights and leds on a military weapon would make it easier for the person wielding it to be spotted. For example, the red laser attachment on military rifles are only for bore sighting the laser to the gun, and it has a setting that's specifically for use with NVGs and can't be seen with normal eyes. An LED to indicate whether or not you have a round in the chamber would be pointless, most military rifles have a hold open for the bolt when the magazine has been emptied, and to my knowledge it's assumed that all weapons have a round in the chamber in any area where enemy is expected and soldiers are expected to put a round in the chamber should they leave an area that is considered safe. Soldiers should also have an intuitive amount of knowledge as to the amount of ammo they have based on how many magazines they emptied, or have left if discarding your magazine when its empty is the SOP. Such gadgets are cool looking but are ultimately made obsolete by good operating procedure.
>>
Because it fucking works.
>>
>>34883620
>adding unnecessary sensors
>adding more battery operated shit
>adding cancerous weeaboo waifu computer voice

Nyet rifle is fine
>>
>guns that never let you commit suicide
and this is two thousand seventeen
>>
>>34883620
The reason guns are stagnant is organizational inertia. Everything has to be compatible with everything else because otherwise its not worth the money. Nothings upsetting enough to the market to be worth the initial outlay.

However, your ideas (with the exception of the AI) are actually pretty possible. Easy even.
Integral suppressors are available, you can buy one for your AR15 right now if you want though the wait times do apply.
You could put electrodes in the chamber, run a small current between them to detect a round (or case technically), this wouldn't interfere with any functioning of the firearm, and if it failed or went dead all you'd lose is that functionality.
Round counters exist in various forms, from counting cycles to detecting spring extension or even just clear mags.
>>
Living in the past or living under a rock? Either way, lurk moar fgt.
>>
>>34883656
I'm already xbox huge nigga, it would be nice to have a rifle that doesn't look like a carbine when I hold it.
>>
>>34883620
> take a complex machine
>add electronics and power sources to function
Murphy double penetrates your asshole
you do get pointa for red letter media though.
>>
Reliability comes with simplicity, some niche company might come up with something like that but it would never take off and military would never go for something like that. It's unnecessary shit to just over complicate a system creating more points of failure, go play a video game if you want that shit or make it yourself/have it made. There's already integrated suppressors, the other bullshit you could come up with quite easily I guess but... who gives a shit.
>>
>>34883620
Muh sci-fi guns
>>
>>34883620
Grab some Draino under the sink and Hi-Fi it down your gullet
>>
>itt retards complaining about muh military reliability
Who gives a shit about the military nigga, I want this stuff for my civilian funs. They can stick with simple and reliable, I want some innovative gimmicks.
>>
>>34889151
I agree the military is for min-maxing autists.
>>
>>34883620
you look for it enough, you will find it.
if you can't find it, someone will be able to make it.
https://www.radetecusa.com/en/products/ I hope this helps
>>
Because those kind of things are not reliable enough
>>
>>34889151
Seriously.
It baffles me when people act like civilian hobbyists and military oper8rs should judge guns by the same standards.
My goal is to have fun here goddammit.
>>
>2017
>still no guns of the patriots system in place

friendly reminder it's coming
>>
>>34889941
friendly reminder that kojima is a hack
>>
I'm waiting for smart guns that couple with augmented reality glasses.

Cursor on glasses follows eyeball movement, separately aiming cross for the gun is displayed, you can lock on target, squeeze trigger, gun fires the moment it's lined up with the target. You never miss - either you hit or the gun doesn't shot, but even if you're lined up for a fraction of second, you hit.

A more advanced version - gun with built-in motorized gimbal, tracing eyeball movement and aiming where you look.
>>
>>34890011

explain
>>
>>34883620
anyone have the greentext of the gun that needs to connect to the internet in order to fire
>>
>>34883620
>talking about all this useless cluttering shit
>not wanting caseless gyrojet bullets with WP payloads
>not wanting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKldy2YNAHk commercially available
That shit, that's advancement. Wanting a whole bunch of flashy lights tacked on, making a silencer unremovable therefore adding more weight to it, and a shitty waifu simulator to the gun is not advancement, it's a retard trying to make his gun into a computer. You don't actually own any guns, do you?
>>
>>34889151
This teebeeaich.
I don't give a shit how hi-speed-low-drag a gun might be if it isn't fun. People can talk all they want about how oper8r they are and efficient and how they're gonna win "le race war/glorious revolution/etc' with their min-maxed autism AR. I don't give a shit, I have guns because I like guns, they're useful tools, and because shooting is fun to me. I want some more options besides "500 dollar AR, 1000 dollar AR, 3000 dollar AR" and a bunch of meaningless bullshit that doesn't do anything.
I want my fucking Halo guns already goddamnit. Or mass effect guns. Damn, those would be cool.
>>
I want an AI in my gun to make sure I'm feeling ok
Why not?
because guns are made for men
>>
>>34888787
Isn't that only available for like 3 guns?
>>
>>34883620
>wiring
>sensors
>speakers
>batteries
>other technology that really doesn't get along too well with recoil and heat

Sure it sounds like a neat idea but that's about it. It's not practical and no company would make significant profits off of producing them.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>34890080
>>
File: 1476177234517.png (449KB, 1046x761px) Image search: [Google]
1476177234517.png
449KB, 1046x761px
>>34883842

This.

Also, complexity is not a good thing in a war where logistics and supplies are not always available. It's even worse if your combat performance depends on some ammo counter!

You have to be able to use the gun like a normal person WHEN the batteries run out or a LED breaks. Learn techniques instead of demanding solutions, when you've learned everything you can, THEN demand stuff.
>>
Attach smartphone to gun.
Done.
>>
>>34891383
>hurr complexity no good for war
I don't care about war, you retarded nigger, I want this stuff to be cheaper and more widespread in the civilian market.
>>
File: m41a.jpg (289KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
m41a.jpg
289KB, 1000x750px
Get a Thompson, an 870, a prop gun, and some other parts and do this neat DIY project
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/270649-Real-Aliens-M41A-Pulse-Rifle-Build-(Fully-Functional-SBR-amp-SBS)
>>
>>34883620
That sounds tacky as fuck
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.