[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEVTAC Bulletproof Mask & Helmet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: DEVTAC.jpg (56KB, 736x489px) Image search: [Google]
DEVTAC.jpg
56KB, 736x489px
Is this a gimmick? Could it be a viable consumer option? Let's hear it boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=471L0GeWFMI

http://devtacdesigns.com/
>>
File: GalacTac-Project-6.jpg (684KB, 2048x1446px) Image search: [Google]
GalacTac-Project-6.jpg
684KB, 2048x1446px
>>34879330
>Le new mandalorian bulletproof helmet!!
>*Que airsoft clip*
>Looks JUST LIKE Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Boba Fett's helmet!
>*Que second airsoft clip*
>It's almost an Identical copy of the Bounty Hunter Boba Fett's helmet! And it's armored!
>*Que third airsoft clip*

God I fucking hate normies. Yes, the airsoft clips they used are cringeworthy testaments, but the most god damn agitating thing is that there is an actual AR500 IIIA tactical helmet LEGITIMATELY styled after the Mandalorian Beskar'gam.

>IT LOOKS A LOT LIKE THE HELMET WORN BY THE STAR WARS BOUNTY HUNTER

God we need a second holocaust.
>>
>>34879365
If you want to be a fag and quote the meme video made by some fuqqboi journalist then go ahead. Or you could have an actual discussion. I guess your mom swallowed your siblings for a reason.
AR500 is as low tech and high weight as you can get.
>>
File: 1411133770642.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1411133770642.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>34879411
Here comes the plane brrrrrtt open up brrrrrrr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7W6qhNktiU
>>
Gimmicky as hell. Basically a development of those IIIA ballistic masks that Brazilian cops use for mostly just intimidation. In the majority of situations you dont want to be wearing anything on your face except maybe a gator/face wrap, since it gets heavy, restricts peripheral and fogs optics. The army issued Mtek shields for exposed vehicle gunners, but nobody used them if they could help it for basically these reasons. The only application it really has is breaching, where you're better off having a visor like on an altyn helmet.
>Could it be a viable consumer option?
Just to put on the market? IDK, seems like they make enough off of airsoft to stay afloat. Specifically for civ purposes like HD? Nah, in a HD scenario the last thing you want is an obstructive mask on.
>>34879411
TBF, every outlet that's memed about this thing being tested by the SAS in the last month (unsourced claim btw) has specifically mentioned muh star wars. Probably wears a man down.
>>
>>34879365
No Fun Allowed. The Post.
>>
>>34879330
As I heard on this very forum, bulletproof masks are a great idea if you're going to be sitting in one spot expecting to get shot at.

They're pretty shitty for everything else.

Also sucks to be the journalists who got fired when his boss googled "Boba Fett armored helmet" to find >>34879365 instead. lol
>>
>>34879502
where the fuck do you think you are ?
>>
File: aklj987.png (205KB, 350x537px) Image search: [Google]
aklj987.png
205KB, 350x537px
>>34879411
>>34879411

And just what the fuck do you thing the other helmet is made out of, Strangelove?
>>
>>34879330
I don't want tunnel vision in combat. So no.
>>
>>34879740
What you got against Strangelove?
>>
>>34879411
>Quote the meme video
They're all meme videos.

Every single video i've seen on this has had the same three memes;
1. It's been tested and used by the SAS (Neither is true.)
2. The only footage involving real guns is when they're shooting the mask.
3. LE STAR WARS BOBA FETT BOBA FETT PRETTY MUCH EXACTLY BOBA FETT, THE BOUNTY HUNTER FROM STAR WARS. JUST LIKE IT.
>>
>>34879330
yes but minus the fucking magnets
>>
File: riot visor.jpg (97KB, 800x841px) Image search: [Google]
riot visor.jpg
97KB, 800x841px
>>34879330
>Doesn't cover the back or sides of the skull
>Restricts vision
It's shit. Might as well the taiwanese ones instead, they're cheaper. Or, ideally, don't use any of that gay shit and stick with what's been in use since the 90s.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.