[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /k/ tell me about this anti-tank gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sPzB 41.jpg (127KB, 800x793px) Image search: [Google]
sPzB 41.jpg
127KB, 800x793px
What can /k/ tell me about this anti-tank gun?
>>
>>34876674
It kills tanks dead.
>>
>>34876674
Too anemic for german tanks.
Works well on Panzerkamphwagen and Armored cars though. Also apparently works on low flying aircraft and bunkers.

Suitable for use on many Japanese tanks though.
>>
>>34876856
Are you retarded? It's a GERMAN gun!
>>
>>34876674
> The design was based on a tapering barrel, with the caliber reducing from 28 mm at the chamber end to only 20 mm at the muzzle. The projectile carried two external flanges; as it proceeded toward the muzzle, the flanges were squeezed down, decreasing the diameter with the result that pressure did not drop off as quickly and the projectile was propelled to a higher velocity. The barrel construction resulted in a very high muzzle velocity - up to 1,400 m/s.

It was completely garbage unlike other AT rifles

> Distance, m 60°, mm
> 100 52
> 300 46
> 400 40
> 500 40
>>
I personaly like it. It just screams CUTE.
It is a gimmick weapon at best, tho it was capable to penetrate the KV-1's armor. Had an HE shell that was as powerful as a handgrenade. The barrel was only good for like 500 shots. I say it's a nice Para weapon.
>>
>>34877170
>It was completely garbage unlike other AT rifles
But isn't it clearly the best AT rifle for killing tanks?
>>
It's a lot better than an anti-gun tank.
>>
>>34876856

>retard thinks the schwere Panzerbüchse 41 is to weak to do friendly fire on its own tanks
>>
>>34878496

There was no 'best' AT rifle. That's like deciding which one legged man runs fastest.
>>
>>34877520
>It just screams CUTE.
You're a faggot.
>>
>>34876674
It's a big gun.
>>
>>34876856
Panzerkampfwagen is just the full name of any panzer i.e. every German tank
>>
>>34876856
Great post.
>>
>squeeze bore

Ded barrel

Though I remember reading it got a kill on a KV-2 and turned it into a bonfire
>>
File: 1500565196334.jpg (65KB, 552x528px) Image search: [Google]
1500565196334.jpg
65KB, 552x528px
>>34876856
> low flying bunkers
>>
>>34881074
Some times bunkers only achieve low earth orbit and you have to shoot them again to get them to fly into the sun
>>
>>34876674
The squeeze bore design gave it fairly impressive performance for such a small package, but like the other German taper bore weapons, it was let down by anemic HE performance, short barrel life, high unit cost and Germany's lack of access to wolframite (tungsten ore) which meant ammo production ground to a halt and rounds became rarer than rocking horse shit.

Looks cool as shit tho.
>>
>>34876674
That it would be easier to commit sodoku using your rifle instead of taking on a tank with that thing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.