[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light Primer Strikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: arr-287-010_1.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
arr-287-010_1.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
/k/, Ive recently purchased the Elftmann Tactical 3 Gun Drop in trigger. I love the trigger's clean and lightweight pull but I'm getting light primer strikes. I cant seem to get through a magazine without at least 2 issues. Is there anyone who can tell me why.
>>
My guess is that the hammer is too light and the spring isn't stiff enough to compensate. This is the sort of problem you get when you modify shit but don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>34875231

Not OP, but this is why I like to leave mine stock internally. I know a bit about guns, but I'm not willing to start tinkering with the insides.
>>
>>34875000
>Is there anyone who can tell me why.
If you can't see it looking at the picture...I don't know who can help you.
>>
A titanium firing pin might do it, or it might make it worse.
>>
>>34875368
I can pretty much guarantee the problem here is the fact that they wanted to reduce the mainspring strength to get low pressure on the sear surfaces and then lightened the hammer to make up for the fact that the new mainspring wasn't sufficient to power a standard mass hammer.

Are you using quality commercial spec .223 Remington ammunition? If those primers aren't soft enough the problem is with Elftmann's engineers and you should bitch them out for designing something so incompetently.
>>
is the trigger setup correctly? i have a drop in wilson combat trigger and if one of the hammer spring legs arent on a specific notch, it doesnt work 100%. you might think bc its a drop in unit, its g2g but it wouldnt hurt to double check
>>
>>34875000
>skeletonized hammer
>light trigger pull

>getting light strikes

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>34875000

What's the ammo you're using?
>>
>>34875455
>7 American Eagle
>>
>>34875443
Like any product you have people with different experiences. Some have ran thousands of rounds with no problem; adjustable 4lb trigger pull.
>>
>>34875425
it comes with a plate to prevent you from scratching the bottom of your receiver but none of the installation videos use that so im gonna try that. i followed the instructions, its simple
>>
>>34875341
Seems to work fine for others
>>
>>34876229
>Like any product you have people with different experiences

your fucking wrong
when products are sloppily engineered/ manufactured
you get sloppy products that have different dimensions and effects
and THEN you get people with different experiences using them same sloppy product
>>
>>34875000
I was worried about this exact problem, OP. Elftmann has a superb pull, but reliability was questionable. I strongly recommend the HyperFire HyperTouch design triggers, they are 95% as light, crisp, and short as the Elftmann's while delivering higher than mil-spec levels of force. Those triggers eat up hard Russian 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 surplus primers like a champ. Highly recommend it.
>>
>>34881680
Here is their website. I have the 24 3 Gun Model and everyone who has ever tried the trigger on my AR-15 remarks how it is the nicest they have used. Pick the model most suitable for your needs.

https://www.hiperfire.com/triggers/
>>
>>34878837
>this is what retards actually believe

Name 1 product which no body has had a problem with. Even the most autistically designed shit is going to have one or two units fuck off.
>>
Skeletonized hammers never seemed like a very good idea to me...the hammer is lighter, so it has to have more force behind it to generate amount of energy when it strikes...so you end up with a weaker component that is under more stress. I don't know much about AR triggers...I have only every used stock mil spec triggers, RRA 2 stage NM trigger, and Geiselle SSA...how much better are these ultra light skeletonized triggers than the latter two?
>>
its not a hipperfire
>>
>>34878837
You got it all figured out,
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.